HOW TO REMOVE PROBLEM WITH EQUIPS STATS DURING WARS?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by IlI_Fuzzy_Piranha_IlI, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Umm I'm not exactly sure what the last part of OP's post is trying to say, but it seems like he's saying warriors don't dress up in gear, that they just fight.
    I'm not an expert on the sword and shield era of fighting by any means. But I'm pretty sure that most groups like the Romans and most Greeks suited up pretty heavily for battle.

2. What about equipment switching? There are definitely different equipments is want to have during the war that I switch between, depending on the situation

3. And what's the point of warring to get all this good equipment, if it doesn't even give you an advantage?

4. if that's your point then what is the point in balancing match ups at all? Equipment gives more in stats than bfa, you are essentially saying you don't care about balanced match ups.

5. I don't think OP is saying that you can't use the equipment, I think he's just saying that you're equipment should be locked upon match-up, so people don't un-equip things so they get a better sign up

6. I sometimes like to change my equip (fod sword and diamond sword) in the middle of battle... :/

7. Support including BFE in matchup. BFE is just cheap (and luck driven) BFA in my opinion. 

8. He was saying that once they get into the battle, they don't change what they are wearing.

9. No support
    These players have earned their advantage with the equipment by fighting and winning.
    Go win some wars and get your own equipment.

10. People are fighting and winning their own equipment. Devs state that they are attempting to make even matchups. They do this by including both stats and BFA. For no reason whatsoever (other than added difficulty in including another metric) they have not included BFE. Everyone should be able to use their equipment, but matchups should be based on actual strength. I haven't heard a single - not one! - valid argument for excluding BFE from the matchup calculation. In fact, the arguments advanced actually undermine excluding BFE as posters acknowledge that it provides a tactical advantage when the matchups are supposed to be between essentially even strength teams.

11. I agree 100%. Bfe is more impactful than bfa for the majority of players. If devs are trying to create even matches by accounting for bfa, it's crazy that they're not also considering bfe.

Account for the equipment and make the clans strategies determine the winners.

Someone said: what's the point of warring to get the equipment if its not going to be a matchup advantage? - we still want the equipment for hitting ebs, osw, and to look like a pimp wearing it.

12. As ridiculous as the op is. He has a point some clans have members with gear in excess of 350 mil cs BFE. That's a minimum of around 10 trillion in ally's worth of bfe.

There needs to be a way to account for equipment when doing matchups.

13. You are 100% correct Lormaster. To claim that matchups are balanced without accounting for what is in most players case is the single biggest static contributor to a players overall strength is complete rubish and probably accounts for most of the complete mismatches in the EE system.

Static strenth bonuses (BFA, BFE, and towers) should all be weighted more heavily then non-static (non-tower) building strength which decreases with each successive hit. If we can assume that in any given EE war the average hit is done from 50% strength (in reality probably closer to 20-25% if fighting from ko) that would say that stats from static sources should be weighted anywhere from 2 to 4 times more heavily then stats from non static sources when determining relative clan strengths. Do the devs do this? Unlikely, but we will probably never know.

Based on numerous, shall we say, interesting, game mechanic decisions ATA has made I am convinced they have no one with a mathmatics degree or even a strong mathmatics background on staff so I have my doubts that matchups will ever be even approximately even but it would certainly seem possibile to distill each players strength, and hence each clans strength, into a single number by properly weighting each of the factors involved (non tower builing stats, tower stats, BFA, BFE). Even weighting the numeric advantage having a 1, 2, 3 or even higher numeric advantage over the other clan should be able to be calculated, though certainly with more uncertainty (up to 100 additional attack and ~150 additional spy actions per 2 hour war per additional member over the opposing clan).

In theory, if weightings are set properly, wars should actually be far more even, and determined by activity and stratagy rather then obvious mismatches. Do I ever expect to see it? No.

14. Good idea, BFE makes a huge difference and is not counted. This thread should be sent to the devs 

15. People act like BFE is such a big factor, but anyone who has tried the equipment EBs and has done a few Estocs wars has similar equipment to most others, with the exception of a few players. BFA is a different story because while most rosters in kaw are loaded with equipment, most only have a few players with significant BFA.

If BFE is counted then, like I said, there is no point in winning the new equipment because although it may increase your strength, it'll equally increase your matchup stats, so it really doesn't help at all. Also, like I said, if you have full EB equipment you are probably less than 10% CS away from someone with half EB and half paladin.

16. This should be pretty easy to show on paper: one HLBC guild hansel with all mith equip fully enchanted and one HLBC guild hansel with best of eb drops with all equip fully enchanted. How much of a difference is there really stat wise?

17. It has all been said before. To match on stats with BFA as an afterthought and BFE ignored is producing many imablanced wars - duhhh.

BFA + BFE is much more important than troop strength for almost all clans when warring; when you further consider that not all stats are even equal (towers and guilds vs troop buildings) - the way clans are currently matched is like matching basketball teams based on weight of their players: sure it produces some good matches, but far too many bad ones as well.

18. How about you stop complaining and just earn that equipment like everyone else did. Stop crying about how things are not fair nothing is ever truly fair