Farming (& whining)

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by PugslyPuppy, May 7, 2010.

1. From a Pups Perspective, Part Poo 

I'm writing this as the recent leader of wIG although Im currently clanless and on a break. But because I had so many whining complaints when I was the leader that should I feel compelled to go back anytime soon or go help another clan for a while or whatever, I just wanted to take this chance to clarify one thing that irritated the snot out of me while being the leader of a clan. You can consider this diatribe "From a Pups Perspective, Part Poo ", if you wish.

I know in my last thesis, er... I mean post, I addressed the 5x rule and farming. I am a little sorry I did. I was innundated with whining people who just wanted to let me know that someone in my clan farmed them 6 times! Gasp! 

Ok... Let's define farming , and the rules of fair play, shall we? And im going to stick with attk builds cuz spy builds are a bit different, I know, I've been both. If I'm going down my battle list (the one that randomly matches you up with other people within your skill level) then the 5x rule says that you will hit someone 5 times win or lose and move on. Well if i pick somene and use 8 pots and lose the first time, am I going to hit and lose 4 more times? Umm, no.  If the next 5 people give me a defeat then I may be left with only 3 people on my list that I have a fair chance to get wins. I have 24 hits, I've used 5 testing defense. With 3 people left and approximately 19 hits left, I can divy that up to 6 or 7 hits per person, defending on their defense and whether or not I regen once during battle and gain troops. Of course as I loose troops my odds of winning are not 100% so if I take out losses it may still look like the 5x rule. This may be where I hear all the time "I hit him 7 times but I only won 5". Ok that's not farming.

Sometimes you may be at lunch and you pop up that battle list and and you see someone with a low defense and you are in a hurry and you expend all of your troops, you bank and go back to work. Because you didn't take the time to try to divy up those hits does that make it farming? I don't think so. Nature always goes for the weakest element. If you don't like being unloaded on, don't be the weakest element. As long as that person isnt a bully, hopefully they will find a different person to unload on tomorrow at lunch. But if you don't stock up on pots and they tell everyone in their clan about you, well it may not be fair but unfortunately some folks are lazy and you had an epic fail by neglecting you defense. If you aren't gonna look out for your build, don't expect everyone else to. Besides, you may be inactive for all we know... 

When you contact me and tell me someone hit you I ask, "did you hit them first?" If they didn't hit you back at least equally, if not harder, then I would be ashamed.  That's what makes our clan better. By hitting you harder, that's their way of saying, "Go find someone besides me to attk." Hey, you have 100,000 other choices of people to attk. Why should I make my team weak by saying they can't fight back?

Recently we were in a war and we had some people from different clans attk us and complain we hit them back hard.  Hey! Keep up with the news!  We are in a war and needed all of troops we can get. We didnt need you unknowingly helping the bad giys pin us. Instead of whining when we pin you, why don't you recognize our power and offer your services? If you thought you could take us on then you could definately take our enemies on. And if one of us could pin you, think of what we could do to your enemies after the war. In short, stop whining because someone has the nerve to fight back and come fight WITH us. Duh I remember in HS I always tried to have an aliance with at least one person who could kick my butt. That's one more person for me & one less against me. That's a +2 on the battlefield. My momma didn't raise no dummy. 

So anyway im sure that the definition of farming will contininue to be debated for a while to come but by if you want to play by semantics, "farming" is a cyclical event that is repeated continually, seasonally, in an attempt to create capital and feed your clan. If it just happens once - even if it's a complete unload, by definition, it would be more appropriate to maybe consider it a "gleaning", which is a one time gathering of someone else crops. In Biblical times, this was permitted of even the slaves and the lowest of society and was simply accepted as a "tax" when the soldiers were passing through town. So when someone is passing through your town and gleans your crops, get over it. If it happens too much, build higher fences. 

(Almost) Last but not least, if it's during a war, it's not farming, it's winning. 

Of course the most important rule of all: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  

Anyway, that's my two cents. Keep the change.

2. Dayum pugs! Good job writing your thoughts ( truth) on here. Bless your heart

3. Ahh u wrote to much

4. Farmers are annoying and should be punished ( OUSooners ) 

5. ILY pugs  this is grest

6. Very well written. Extremely logical points

7. Hah! Very well written poopypuppy. But I wasn't mentioned in this one!! 

anw miss ya! Come back soon

Ninja-A

8. Agreed pugs... As a former clan leader as well, it gets annoying.

9. Awesome post pugs . Sooo many people got saved by pugsly if they only knew hahaha. She kept me bridled on a short leash 

10. Lol I know about the OH NO THAT WAS 6x!! thing.

Some fox may or may not have accidentally hit someone 6x. That person happened to be a clan leader and proceeded to strip some foxes in their sleep in retaliating for 6 hits! Needless to say that clan isn't thriving now but a war over 6 hits? Come on

11. I had a guy go 'too weak' to steal so I buy an ally off him (little cheapy one) an continue winning on him unrestricted. I come back 10 min later and he's got "strip fail!" on my wall.

If I wanted to strip him I'd have the whole clan hit him.

4 hours later he's go no allies so as "Not to embarass us"

Yes, I get real embarased when you loose all your allies to my clan. I can't tell you how many times I've hid my head in shame for that.

12. Ah pugs well written my darling. Have a good holiday from leadership an just enjoy KaW. 

13. Your mom defidently raised no dummy! Keep it up

14. Nice! And well said!! Everyone who complains about farming, farms inactivess!! Ironic isn't it? If you are not attacking the weak or being a bully it is not farming!! Peace :)

15. 6x!!! GASP!! I just ascidently stole from someone 6 times and now I've got 2 guys telling me not to do it again. And they aren't even in the same clan. It's annoying. Take a chill pill guys

16. I say there shouldn't even be a 5x rule.... If your winning good money over and over why stop and slow down ur lc.... Most logical ppl would keep on attacking and just walk away afterwards sooo there shouldn't even be a 5x rule... That's my two cents

17. I think it's a fair rule. But I think people shouldn't get too riled up if you accidently pass 5x. If they purposely do it and continue to do it, then you have a reason. And by continuing to do it, I mean day after day after day of hitting attacked by the same person 10 times a day, then I think it's fair to get mad. But some people need to take a chill pill. And if you're gonna get mad at someone, please bring YOUR clan members into it. I'm sorry I don't have any change on me, so I can't give 2 cents. But there are my thoughts. You can agree with them or not.

iDaniella