Estoc Trials - Week #2 War #4 - No Match Update

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Apr 11, 2013.

1. No Match Update

Signups: 54
    No Match: 4

Regulators - Your BFA was 4X lower than any other clans in your strength range.

We're Screwed - Your BFA was 3X-4X higher than other clans in your range.

Unholy Wrath - Your BFA was 3X lower than the average in your range.

W32.SQLExpVVorm - You were the weakest clan to sign up again. Consider upgrading your building stats to get more chances at match-ups. We know that you've dropped trillions in BFA and that range is now fine. But the problem is that you're simply at the very bottom of the list and will either end up as the odd man out or as too weak.

Clan Size breakdown

[​IMG]
    X-Axis - Clan sizes
    Y-Axis - # of signups

Important Read: BFA Difference in Match-ups

We've seen a number of threads and comments talking about BFA difference in match-ups and how some clans viewed their matched opponents as way out of their league and we decided to do some digging:

-We took all the match-up data that we have for week 1 and 2 so far.
    -We then looked at any matched clans that had a 2X-3X difference in BFA.
    -And then we looked at the number of wins by the "underdog" clan (ie. the clan that had the lower BFA). We also made sure to look at clan size difference. And this is what we have found:

-Clan size difference varied between 2, 1, and 0 members.
    -Out of 40 wars, 18 were won by the "underdog"!! Almost 50% of the time...
    -In the case of the "underdog" winning, the average % difference in BFA was 120%.
    -In the case of the "underdog" losing, the average % difference in BFA was 131%.

So this goes to show that a 2X-3X BFA upper-hand does not have the winning bias that some members have been worried about. And it also proves that the matching range we have for BFA right now is fair. If we were to tighten that range, we will end up with more no-matches which everybody hates!

2. [​IMG]
    Anyone want popcorn?

3. *Grabs popcorn*

4. Wow. Worms can't get a break.

Devs should take pity lol

5. Why do worms need to upgrade? Not very fair considering the info you gave them before.

They has x6-x10 the BFA of any clans near them, so that lead them to drop trills in allies then you're telling them they're too weak.

Sounds like you need to work a little more on explaining it to them, because from what I see, you're causing them to lose a lot of patience and time changing things.

Keep at it worms.

6. The worms should just get a reward, I mean, it seems like they will NEVER get a match.

7. Looking at complaints, maybe people want an excuse to have no match up now. 

8. Not to mention in game and maybe real life cash.

9. Strength and BFA are two different variables. Their BFA is now in an acceptable range. But when you're at the bottom of the list (because of your build stats; strength) and only have 1 or 2 other suitable clans then there's not as many chances to get matched up as when you're higher up the table. It all depends on how many similar clans sign up in that range. So you either end up being out-matched or you end up being the odd man out when the remaining two clans above you get matched together.

10. Thanks devs we will improve for next war

11. I believe a lot of them dropped build after you said they were too strong too. GHTs average 2m cs to GHs averaging 1m cs.

12. Let me get this right devs, stay with me here;p
    So first our bfa was alot bigger. We dropped trillions. Then we were too strong. We dropped builds. Now our bfa is in the suitable area for the area were trying to get matched, but if we were too grow wouldn't our bfa be too small after that?

13. The problem with EE is that the devs need to find a way to include smaller players that don't get accepted into Big specialized EE war clans to start warring, the same 50 clans of 30 over and over is I'm guessing probably not even 1/10 or way under 1/10 of the daily actives on kaw. There just aren't enough players other than the experienced long term kaw veterans

14. They're trying to do that with the current poll.

Too bad nearly half the voters think that the number of sign ups and no match percentage is alright.

I don't even think the devs should've made it into a poll. Just make it happen. People will forgive and forget overtime.

15. Your numbers are now fine with respect to each other so when you grow you should grow respectively on all fronts. Again, the problem for the last few days has been that you're at the bottom of the list. There's no one under you to be matched against so you can only rely on the teams above you and so far they've been matched up leaving you the odd man out unfortunately...

16. Dont worry Kaw admin, he is an outcast worm, we just let him simmer down in the compost piles for a bit, he can't help spewing garbage

17. @Admin

I think it is great you are looking into the bfa issue - thank you for that.

I would suggest that a better metric for bfa would be difference in bfa rather than % difference that you have measured. Everyone gets to use the same mith and pots; if average bfa is small relative troops, mith, pots and equipment even a high percentage difference won't matter; however if bfa large relative to these, even a fairly small % difference in bfa would be impossible to overcome.

The results that you site should not surprise anyone. From what I have seen, bfa is immaterial compared to the over strength factors in the majority of the wars, so the "underdog" winning half of those matches, no matter how big the percent difference, is to be expected.

18. Our match needs review....we were matched against stronger clan and they got more people....math does not add up...can you take a look....war 4

19. For match ups where the clan difference are 0, 1 or 2 players, the underdog stands a chance. What is the win % for clans that have 3 or 4 less players warring?