Estoc Trials FAQ

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. ^what did i say that got bleeped?

2. Lol cheeze

GJ DEVS!!!!

3. I agree with cheeze's point regarding the number of clans that sign up.

The devs ARE responsible for developing creative ways to entice clans to choose war instead of EB.

Under the current system, the risks associated with participating in war are not offset by the potential gain, so newer clans looking to get into the estocs trials may be less inclined to take a chance at warring.

What I perceive to be primary obstacle clans face in participating is activity. In order to have any remote chance of winning a war, you must have every war participant actively sitting at their device, ready to act at a moment's notice for two to four hours straight.

The reality is that this is a phone app, and most working adults can't afford to set aside that much time to play this game. Those who can constitute a very small percentage of your player base.

To get more clans to sign up, you must do two things:

1. Make war require less activity/undivided attention. Unfortunately, I have no proposal to remedy this issue.

2. Make war more enticing by increasing the benefits. Consider a consolation prize for kingdoms who fought hard but may have been on a losing team. 14 mith burned and billions of gold worth of potions is nothing to sneeze at. It should come as no surprise that fewer and fewer clans are signing up.

4. I Remember reading about towers in the EE wars can u refresh my/are memories or an I making stuff up lol 

5. Mith is back in system wars?

6. Please disable the ability to add bfa after match ups. Allowing hiring has created an exploit that eliminates fair, even match ups. Clans who buy allies after match up need no skill, just lots of gold.

7. If Ally purchases are disabled after matchup, then players can have their allies hired away from them. There would be no way for them to buy them back. This would open up yet another exploit.

We are evaluating what we can do to discourage this.

8. I wrote disable hiring. If you disable ally sales/hiring for combatants like you disable leaving a clan during war, then no hiring could be done. Simple...

9. Why is there no bonus for the Rancor Rage achievement?

10. I believe that a self ko should lose more plunder from player than being ko'd. There is an incentive to turtle war still. Also building during wars should be reinstated. I understand why it was disabled because of people exploiting the land trick. That can be easily fixed too by making failed actions in ee wars not hurt opponents troops or spies. If those changes were made people would have to try to stay full and fight each other not just dump troops as fast as you can every 15min. We still have turtle wars with ee there's just a flurry of actions every 15min. They will get boring real quick just like old war system.

11. During bonus Rancor weeks,does loses cost only 1 point?

12. I agree there should be more incentive to war. Every combatant loses 2xtals, millions in pots , and 14 mithril. Yet only the winner is rewarded for winning, mithril EE and now rancor edge to get items later. The loser loses prestige and all investment in war. This is not sour grapes, and I understand how to prevent, "Just Win" but I can't understand how a clan that attempts to war battles but loses had lesser prestige then a clan that does ebs and never wars. Give the loser 1/2 pt and winner it's spoils.

13. There is enough incentive to war as is. Matchups have gotten better. Just get out there and try it people. Yes there are some tweaks I'd like to see made but the losers don't need a trophy for participation. It's life some win some lose move on and try again.

14. This is probably the best post I have ever seen as it sums up some of the main reasons why the participation rate is so low. Please consider the points made by Dont_Touch_My.

These EE Wars are becoming more work that my actual job.

15. Ha, yes i have made an extremely extensive thread on this issue (cant link cuz on phone. Altho dont_touch summed it up quite nicely. For many, the costs exceed the benefits. And basic economics states that if thats the case then customers just wont buy.

16. Why can't u lock bfa stats at match ups? It's that cheating n making wars unfair with hiring trillions in allies after match ups? Kind of hard to keep clans together and fighting if keep get match with clans that have bfa that can't be touched lose at r last few wars n tell me r they far? Ty and a response to this would be nice.

17. Look not lose. See so upset can't even type straight. Errr fix this or u will see a lot of clans stop warring soon. No point to war if can't win ever. Love the hand but got to keep it fair from start to finish.

18. So if I am sleeping and my ally gets hired back. I originally am scheduled to wake up 15 mins before war start, but with the restriction I have to wake up 2 more hrs earlier. Does that makes any sense?

19. Did you know why we blocked the tighter member limit? Its because regulation isnt the issue here. Participation is kaw_admin and i have yet to see any of the staff admit to it. Tackle that issue and then we could have a range from 25-60 ppl in a clan.

20. Ill ask the same question that was asked before, why does pre-season prestige count into season standings? Cant think of any other even or tourney that it does. Given that you were still making changes to matches etc during pre-season, the thought was this was a week designed to see how the matches would go and some clans allowed themselves to war outside the norm in order to test the limits of the matches/no match system. Penalizing these clans for doing exactly what your suppose to do in pre-season is stupid and does not truly reflect who is doing best since the actual tourney started, Please update prestige to reflect the tourney only, not pre-season.