Guide for the casual KAW player

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by *Julyseven (01), May 4, 2010.

1. This is my first attempt at a guide. As a casual player I only login like once every day if at all. These are some of the things I learned:

Casual player builds-

defense is a big thing, your not there and any allies you might have could be bought.

Therefore be an attack build with more defense then offence around 25% more.

My personal favorite was 90k atk/def and 15k spy atk/def

I was rarely attacked and never had problems until recently.

Any higher stats total and you will in a very dangerous battle list

if you want to be pure spy. Build atk buildings first and then convert after land 10 all your buildings to spy. Follow the other spy build guides.

Casual player targets-

Hit non clan people with out allies and they are probably inactives. This will limit revenge hits. I usually hit people only A few times then quested. Small reward was whom I aimed for.

Casual playing is about safe slow growth. So keep safe by choosing targets wisely.

How do I save money as a casual player?

Potions are always safe but your a casual player, not 100% inactive. A casual army build should go for allies, but not any ally.

Save up money until a certain level depending on how much you make, if you make 1 mill a hit, save up to 10 mill then buy a 10 mill ally. If you need to pot after each session do it.

The idea is to buy the worst ally possible but to also make sure it's at a high enough cost that it won't be bought from you.

Someone spending 100 mill will be
    more choosy of the ally they buy.

You want to avoid buying low gold allies because they will be bought more often.

Choose gold values with odd numbers ABOVE the 10, 20, 30mill etc etc because the normal player searches on round numbers.

Do 13, 23, 33 etc etc. Your ally will then be near the bottom of their search.

Keep allies, max plunder is necessary because each of your rare hits needs to be at top efficiency.

Do I join a clan as a casual player?

Yes why not? You can but let the clan know your casual. If you don't mind losing things in a war, join a war clan.

Most often If you stick to my suggest stat caps mentioned above, you will not be in top 15 and that means your not a target.

How to deal with farmers as a casual player?

You really can't. There is no KAW farming police. You have to live with it or be extreme.

I have personally learned never to hit a farmer back, especially a clan one, it's thier word against yours. And no one knows you, your casual!

So try to pretend it didn't happen. I know shllty advice eh?

Make sure you follow the build advice and you will have enough defence on both atk and spy so that they don't bother you too often.

Don't buy potions, every ounce of gold is precious and is key to upgrading and buying next land. Your gold on hand should alway be close to 0 after a session. Put it in pots until your ready to buy an ally.

Quests and crystals as a casual player.

Quests are your best friend, they give you crystals and nobility that give you more "turns" or nob can be converted into gold. Stock up nobility, the higher the next land, the more gold is offered per 15 nob turn in.

Use the crystals to help you get that last bit of gold or to quest more. It basically extends the number of things you do per session.

If any other casual players or casual clans want to comment please do so and add your advice!

Bye and stay safe!

2. Good for 1st time

3. Ok nice attempt but u did give some bad advice perhaps you should check some other threads? Anyways nice try tho

4. I don't thnk that's bad advice at all. For a casual non-clan player. Low ranking allies are the only way to save gold. The only hard part is finding someone to buy said crappy allies when you want to withdraw from your bank for upgrade. Other than that good advice.

5. Not that part Joe there was alot more also I've never heard of u so no offence but u probably don't know what ur talking about u might but I doubt it anyways it'll be a waste of my time to list all the errors and try and convince you so I won't

6. Hm. If you're a casual player, don't join a war clan. You'd just be dead weight.

7. Cow I was only commenting to the point that compared to the crap on WC, this is far closer to a safe bet. Yes thus is most certainly not the ideal way, but it works for his style. I have a great build and I wouldn't use this method. I don't reccommend it for someone who us online more than once a day. The ally idea is kinda weak. There are better guides, but most aren't designed for the three or four time a week player.

8. Right..... But no pots??? No thanks

9. Yes some of the ideas do not work for someone who plays alot. In fact they would be horrible. I login like maybe once a day for a few minutes.

So if I make, for example 3 mill during that time, why would I put it into defensive pots? Might as well not have done anything. The strategy is to limit the gold on hand any way possible while maintaining plunder bonus.

Everything else is about deterence and understanding how battle list works.

I welcome any feedback or input from other players. These are only my experinces.

I'm sure other people have much more indepth knowledge.