Clans with "No Forums" Policies

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *OoS-Imitation-Cheese (01), Mar 27, 2013.

1. If they didn't care, they wouldn't post it in the forums.

2. The butthurt in this thread is strong.

3. There is nothing wrong with lurking in forums and that in no way means you don't answer in newsfeeds there's nothing wrong with looking in forums it's entertaining to watch some of the idiots on this game go at it.

Btw it's kinda creepy that you spy on ppl to see who's lurking in forums as if it mattered.

4. It's a lot easier when you don't care about what people think of you. "Public image". We have a do whatever you want as long as its not detrimental to the clan policy. Members can say whatever they like and do whatever they want. As long as you don't create drama inside clan. No drama is our only rule

5. Cheese,
    You don't understand the forums policy. Your entire premise for your little rant is "no reading forums".

In ZAFT, for example, the rules include "Refrain from posting in forum, that place is a gathering for noobs."

Read that again: Refrain from posting

It says nothing about reading forums.
    It also doesn't say never post. Just refrain.

You don't succeed in the game by posting clever trash-talk on others walls, or witty banter in forums. Wars are won in the game. This is true despite what many here seem to think. There are other rules for ZAFT which discourage trash talk, and just farming back. Speak in News Feeds (reason #2). Swagger in Forums doesn't get you very far. I personally think this commands respect.

It's not about "gag orders" or government control. There is a lot of stuff in forums (correct or not). There is zero hypocrisy in reading forums and gathering info, but not posting.

See the first of "Five sneaky ways to find your opponent's timezone"

Yes, reading forum threads and even just watching who reads certain threads can reveal valuable information.

Forums just aren't important enough to set the record straight. If you feel the need to counter everything wrong or dumb that is posted in forums, then you are spending all or your time in forums.
    OMG! Someone is wrong on the internet!

Forums can be fun. That's great. You play the game in forums, and let the war clans play their game in KaW. They don't exist to feed you material.

There is great wisdom in laughing at forums, but having the self-confidence to not worry over what is said in them.

A clan doesn't have to mistrust their members to advise them against venting their frustrations in forum posts. I really don't think fear needs to enter into it.

In any case, this thread is not going to get these clans to change their advice to their members.

with Love,
    from Forums,
    a zero-day zero-stat alt

6. Damn, he deleted his account and everything...

7. You lost me after this point....

Also...

Cheese quit, bro!!

8. @WillyTheDeuce: I am sorry I did not include a TL;DR version.

I am sure Cheese is one of the 4 guests browsing this thread anonymously. :lol: