New Spy Exploit?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by lililililililililil, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Credits go to tmh and TZ for discovering and testing what I'm about to say.

Cash lost from a pure spy is directly proportional to amount of troops the pure spy has. Additionally, the KaW devs have implemented another "too weak" exploit for pure spies. When a pure spy has under 20% spies, he/she is "too weak to attack" by troops.

Things to test: when a pure spy has 20% or less spies, is he/she spyable? If someone with troops has 20% spies, is he spyable or attackable?

This will shortly be included into my Advanced Guide to Espionage, but questions still need to be answered and the benefits of this must be discovered.

It is certain that this is an attempt by the developers to help spies and OSFs, and it is good to see a benefit for spies in the midst of all of the nerfs. Anyways, that's all I have for now.

Feel free to discuss!!

2. Devs did confirms these changes in a previous thread. Good to remind players though. The amount of gold loss is still being tweaked as per personal observation.

3. Whoops, my bad for not noticing. Still, I'm surprised that people haven't been testing it yet. This is quite groundbreaking and can result in many exploits as well as strategies.

4. It is reduced gold to levels of pre lvl4 spy changes. Ie: norm level. But if your at 20% or on the cusp, your gold per win sucks. You can't refill fast enough and high level hits still drain. Your also constantly fighting just to keep gold loss down. Not a productive use of resources.

It can be used for point in time unlimited hits osf. Assume you can stock up enough gold, bring spys low then arrange for ulimited hits to begin.

In general it is alot of active micro managing.

5. If you're going to micro at that level, you'll save more money by simply keeping your money on hand as low as possible. When someone starts an unlimitted farm, start selling your cheapest pot 1 at a time. This is uber micro, but reduces losses to the cost of ur cheapest pot per hit.

6. @ nyn: best idea and post I've seen in a long time

@ blumpy: I started testing this and was posting my findings on a forum but noone seemed to be helping so I quit posting my results (but I'll tell you in the end I accidentally figured out a way to spy steal over 5.2 mil per hit an unlimited number of times -- and yes, this is after the update)

7. I have tested some of this
    the lower the spies the osf has, the less % of money they lose
    the best is 21% were u lose the lowest percent
    also 5m is enough for all 24 hits when the osf is at 30% or lower

8. Interesting. This suggests they never used to be DTW when below 20% 

9. Yup that's true, and there use to be many more things like this back in the day. Two of the best we're when you ran out of troops you could destroy the building then make another one and you'll start with full troops. You didn't have to wait an hour. The other was unlimited allies. I can't rember his name but he had 400/200/150/150 stats and pawned everyone just from his ally bonus, even LBers. But that was back in the day 

10. This is from 3 years ago troll lol

11. This is preposterous!

I am neither new nor an exploit!!

I DEMAND A RECOUNT

12. Good old times...

13. ... best troll ive seen in a long time

nice one turtle

14. Who's trolling?  I just think it's cool finding old strategy stuff

15. I thought this was common knowledge :?

16. Hav0c
    That's emeth

Clumsy, check the date :lol:

17. Check the date, Titan. And yay you got rid of that deadly blue colour!

18. Yup, I remember this back in the OSF age =)
    When I was OSF, I remember I'd lose much much more gold at full spies compared to 21% spies. This info may actually still be useful to others today. Good find MissMelon.