A Changing Personality

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *I_Got_Da_Swagger (01), Jan 23, 2013.

1. Chapter 17

Lailahs P.O.V.

Suddenly, I realised what we were doing.

Angrily, I shoved Blakes chest hard, and he tumbled off of me, and onto the floor.

"How dare you Blake!" I shouted at him. "For a moment, I was enjoying just being in your arms, and then you had to go and ruin it!"

"Yeah, but you know you liked it." Came the reply from the smug smirk on his lips.

"Whatever," I huffed. "I'm going now, so…just…just leave me alone ok?" I told him.

He thought for a second. "Okay, I'll just leave you with one thought. You have never actually said that you love Nick." Blake was deadly serious, staring at me with those stormy grey eyes.

"Don't you dare follow me." I walked out of the oak door, slamming it behind me.

Outside, the wind was whistling, and the sky was shaded.

I hugged my jumper tight to me, searching for Nick.

Finally I saw him, but he had a face like thunder.

His eyebrows were set in a defiant scowl, his lips in a pout. His eyes were dark too, and were raging with unspoken emotions.

I jogged over to him. "Nick babe, what's wrong?" I genuinely was worried about him, he was never like this.

"Don't worry honey," he said, almost a little stiffly.

"Ok. Can I at least come with you though?"

"Yeah of course."

I followed him into the main building, and I mean followed. I actually couldn't keep up with him.

He walked up to the reception desk, and instantly his face relaxed. "Hi, can I speak to Mr. Quinn?"

"No sorry, you can't, he's b…busy." She stuttered as Nick showed her a dazzling smile.

This time it was my turn to scowl.

"Sure, right this way." She began to walk off.

"Sorry, Lailah, you know I only did that to trick her." With one finger, he lifted up my chin. "Okay?"

I begrudgingly nodded, and followed the lady towards the headmasters office.

"In here," she smiled at Nick, and them walked back to her desk.

"Mr. Quinn, can I come in? I've sighted something very strange yet important." Nick knocked on the big dark door.

"Yes, please do." And for once, he actually sounded remotely interested.

We both walked in, and I spent my spare time looking around the office.

"What have you seen?" He was inquisitive for once.

"Sir, about five minutes ago, I saw Canadian Geese flying overhead. But leading them was an eagle." Nick said sullenly.

I watched, puzzled, as Mr. Winn drew in a sharp gasp.

What was this about?

"That is very peculiar indeed. Well done Nick, well done for coming to me straight away."

There was silence.

"Wait what does…" I stopped after Nick shot me a look that said 'I'll tell you later'.

"Hm…" Mr. Quinn thought deeply. "Nick, I want you to tell every single Morge to train. And tell them that they are required to take a sword and shield or bow and arrow from the stock cupboard, depending on their strongest weapon.
    "Meanwhile, I will be in touch with other Morge schools. It seems like this fight is going to be very grand." Now I was scared. "It's very strange. Normally, they send purple lightning or even an earthquake. But never the geese and eagle. Thank you." He looked down at his desk in an obvious dismissal.

Once Nick and I were out, I cornered him.

"Why is this so important? What do geese and an eagle mean? What are you even talking about? Who are we fighting against? Will us two be fighting? And," I added in a tiny voice, "why did this happen to me?"

"Hey listen," he said softly, "don't worry. I'm not sure whether you will need to fight or not."

"But…" I didn't get to finish my sentence. I collapsed, exhausted, into Nicks arms.

I woke up in my bed, with a strong arm under and around my waist.

I looked over to see Nicks sleeping face, and smiled slightly.

How did one girl ever get so lucky, to have a boyfriend like Nick?

I decided to get up, and get dressed.

I eased myself away from him, and began to get up, not wanting to wake him.

"And where do you think you're going?" I looked around to see a very sexy Nick smirking, and propped up on one arm.

"Uh," I smiled sheepishly. "I guess I was going to get dressed, and I didn't want to wake you."

I laid back down, and snuggled into Nicks chest.

"Hey about the fight." I couldn't get this question out of my mind.

"Mhmm?" He played with a bit of my hair.

"When is it?"

"Tonight." My breath caught in my throat. That soon?

"Okayyy…and who exactly are we fighting against?"

"Angels and demons."

2. Chapter 18

Lailahs P.O.V.

I stood with shaking legs, the Morges around me in their hundreds doing the same.

I surveyed them, and it really was a truly amazing sight.

The archers stood in straight lines on the cliffs, arrows loaded in their bows, poised and ready to shoot. On the ground, everyone had a sword and shield.

Earlier today, Nick had to quickly train me to use a sword and shield, as I didn't have a clue.

Thunderstorms revolved around in the sky above us, the lightning prominent, yet there was no rain.

The sun had set long ago, the only light was the eerie glow that the clouds seemed to give off.

Suddenly, the hugest crash resounded in our ears from the clouds.

And then they came.

Shining brilliant angels in all their glory. They were human size, but their wing span across must've reached at least three times their height, and they were either dazzling White, or a baby pink. Some had wings like butterflies, others long elegant ones that reached up into the sky.

The demons were behind them, yet there was no reason for them to be - there were no less beautiful than the angels. They weren't shining like the angels, but held an aura of glory around them. Their body was black, wings just as huge as the angels, but they were a mix of reds, blacks and golds. Their wings were shaped like birds.

But both races were all utterly gorgeous. The ladies were beautiful, and the men were dazzling.

"On guard!" A leader shouted from the front as the angels and demons advanced.

The Morges all shifted their stance, so that one foot was in front of the other, and they leant forward, their weapons raised and their eyes alert.

A bolt of blue lightning struck the ground.

That's when chaos began.

I frantically looked around for Nick, and caught one last sight of him, before he disappeared into the mob.

I took a deep breath and braced myself, before running into the battle, with my weapon raised.

Blakes P.O.V.

'She better come back with no more than a scratch on her,' I thought, as I dodged and weaved through the battle.

I was going to find the main leader of the opposing team. I was one of the most experienced fighters out of all of the Morges there, even the adults.

I think I could handle it.

Pretty soon, I saw one of the biggest demons. I looked around to see Nick heading for it too.

We briefly nodded at each other, before sprinting full on at the creature.

Although angels and demons were only human size, they had super strength, therefore their numbers were only about half of ours.

But they still had a pretty good chance of winning.

There were some archers on the hill that saw where we were, and one of them nodded to me once, basically saying that him and a couple of others would help Nick and I.

As much as I despised Nick, I really did need his help with this one.

Just as we reached it, the demon turned to face us, but then flew up into the air, and Nick shared a worried glance with me.

The demon had the advantage. Even though there were two of us, he could go airborne.

The archers began shooting at the demons wings, and it roared in anger and pain.

I took out my own bow and began to shoot in different parts of it's legs.

Soon, it fell down to the ground, but it immediately picked itself back up.

It wasn't done yet.

I threw Nick my bow and arrows, and gripped my sword tightly.

"Keep shooting it while I go round the back!" I shouted at him over the noise.

He nodded, and began to shoot the demon in different parts. His foot, his leg, his arm, anywhere the arrows could reach.

I sneaked up to the back of the creature, and without any delay, I thrust my sword deep into it's chest.

A few seconds later, it fell to the floor, dead.

I went to go and shake hands with Nick, but then stopped, as it might be awkward.

He obviously thought the same thing.

In the end, we both made up our minds.

We walked forward, and shook hands, before heading off to go and take care of some more creatures.

Lailahs P.O.V.

I smiled gently.

I had been watching Nick and Blake fight that massive demon. They were amazing.

But the thing that really got me happy was how they shook hands at the end.

I went to fight another imbecile.

Pretty soon, I had taken down 2 more, making a grand total of 7!

I was actually pretty proud of myself! I had only just learnt to use a sword and shield today!

I walked around, and soon I came face to face with one of the biggest angels I had ever seen.

It was about 7 foot tall. A bit taller than possible for human height.

She looked down on me in disgust, as if I was a bit of dirt.

"Bring it on," I muttered and flickered my eyes closed.

About five seconds later, I reopened them, and began to bring up my Majistræ.

I felt my skin prickling, and I focused on her magnificent wings.

Soon, my skin was White, and it almost looked like feathers. I was surprised, because this time, my clothes turned that colour too.

'The armour must be modified to let the wearer use their Majistræ', I decided.

I saw the angels eyes widen, she could see me now, but she wouldn't soon.

I dodged on one foot to the other, tricking and annoying her.

Then I darted round to her back, and leaped onto one of her huge wings, and sat about half-way on them.

I then took out my sword, and began to frantically stab at the flesh at the top, so she would feel pain.

I don't know why I did it. I just did.

She screamed and thrashed in agony, desperately trying to shake me off.

But I wasn't giving up yet.

Hell no.

I then slid down her wings, jumped to the floor, and then hoisted myself up onto the other and proceeded to do the same.

Finally, when her voice was hoarse, my only option was to get down at the front where she would see me.

I quickly made my skin have the appearance of grass, and then slid down to the ground.

She looked around for me, but she couldn't see me, as my skin blended in.

Finally, her eyes zeroed in on me.

I brought forward the water from the clouds, and formed a huge tornado of water around me.

I could see through the water that many had stopped and stared, even the angels and demons.

The female I was fighting at that time screamed in frustration, and constantly tore at the water again and again with blue lightning. My face was fixed in a grimace as I reflected hit after hit.

She tried to blow the water away with her wings, and she tried to just shoot an arrow through the water so it would hit me.

"NOW!" I shouted.

All of the Morges suddenly caught their enemies by surprise by stabbing them, or shooting an arrow through their heart, or beheading them, or any other gruesome way of killing them.

And for once, the Morges had the upper hand.

I sent the water rushing other to the angel, and it enveloped her.

The water knocked her over with the speed and force of it.

She lay flat on her back, and I thrust my sword through her heart before she could do anything to stop me.

Just as I turned around, I screamed.

3. More pleeeeaaaase