Estoc Trials - War Exploits

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Sorry willy. I would prefer a no match if the only possible match out there is a horrible mismatch. I have been on both ends of the spectrum and it's boring for both sides. The only reason I can see for someone to actually want an uneven matchup is because they enjoy a cheap win. I think we can safely ignore these people because kaw does not need more people who only seek to profit at the expense of others.

2. Kaw admin,

Of course you find it appealing that players are glued to their phone for 4 hours. It's your game and you're making a killing off xstal sales for EE. I'd find that pretty appealing too if I were you.

Even at two hours, it's not how long, it's the fact I can't look away from kaw under the new system. You blink for a second and you stand a high chance at being ko'd or missing a ko.

This system was not designed by player input. It was designed by ata then announced to kaw community. from there you've taken feedback from players which is great. However, how many of your player base actually post forums? That tiny amount does not represent the whole community. Furthermore, that small percent of players that do post feedback is generally off base in their posting because they don't have the ability to look at the long term results of the system, most don't even have a good understanding of the game itself. I mean come on, people still think equipment factors into match up. And I'm not talking noobs, i'm talking t5hlbc players. Please tell them already that it doesn't kaw admin, I'm tried of giggling at these steroid noobs.

Would you ask your car mechanic for details about your mutual funds? I mean ya can, but idk that it would be smart to follow his advice.

3. They just high-fived the exploiting party.

And subsequently threatened to put the smack down on players who cheat to win EE wars.

QUESTION: Did the clan benefit from the players exploiting the rules?

ANSWER: Yes.

So I see the reason they threatened to strip mith from the clan.

But it's patched now, so move on. Or continue to bring attention to it. Up to you, skips.

4. Oh look another update working to push the older players out and continue the era of the eb fairies.... love it... so my rants not going to matter either way but here it is any how.

So I see valid points on all sides of this, depending on how it's looked at.
    Right so, you killed sw's and made them useless. Please lets not try to make it look other wise.
    So now the only in system war of any use, is the Ee wars. Which every one's out to play because the pay is the only way to get new equipment (which is desirable because we just spent a year chasing the prior eq, collecting all 12-21 pieces, and fully enchanting them. And of course these make them look like nothing)
    we've all seen bad match up's, we've seen great ones some of the most fun i've had on here in ages was over a ee war tbh.

this current adjustment is to harsh punish every one every one. In theory it might play on the guilty parties conciseness (which i doubt). Or at least make every one else more cautious/less likely to cheat(which again I doubt).

Now we're all aware (I should hope) that ata is managed by actual people, they watch over these ee wars (can't prove one way or the other on that actually so..) and they're monitoring them during there duration. Which would imply there is more of a work load for them because of these.
    But see here's the problem from a players point of view. For many of us we only have 1-2 times a week that we can fairly put the time in to ee so much goes in to these war.
    Most of the players this effects understand the time and effort we the players put in to these wars.
    I know its appealing to ATA (or any business for that matter) that we live every possible moment on their product. But it's not possible nor practical. so one of the issues here is some of us can't even do that one ee war a week based because of the current times. which has been stated they're being adjusted/added to when the season starts. great like all the RP eq was to be out in two months?. But of course you have those that play 2+ wars a week... Who of course are pulling ahead with this particular aspect of the game.

Here's my problem with this particular adjustment. Stopping Upgrades : this will force us to either pot our cash if a large ally sells or Possibly have to buy a crap ally. which is bad because there is a habit of resetting inactive's... with the drop change if that ally is reset before the time has finished to come in to play, that can be a lot of cash to lose. Now they could make it so ally's can't be hired during ee's if there owner is in ee (my but that would be a major inconvenience to your customer base) but you would also have to stop the ability to buy pots as well. Because buying pots in fairness if they where attack pot-less before hand lets not up them after match up... same line of thinking no? And you can't fairly say "you've lost a ally, have 400bill out and you'll have to live with it being out all war".

so that's out and actually i wouldn't stop there ally's from resetting would it? I see a probability of a lot more intentional stripping during these wars due to this...
    on the note of hlbc players buying ally's of none hlbc players so they can upgrade that's thier call and not something that really happens... if they want to foot the bill on ally's and let em upgrade... it's done just as easily out side these wars... the upgrades were generally more of a roster annoyance. not a major game changer.

would be simplest to kill the land trick...

Now I can't say added reasons for osw will bother me, but, it is also going to add to cutting back on playing these wars (with or with out osw and of course to hold your own with the way this is going (( if it can ever be brought back to more pvp not pve based play that is other wise the items are all just bragging)) you'll need these new equipment which cost mith, which is only obtainable from these regulated wars).
    Mind you it should be noted item's are becoming needed just to make decent pay, yah we noticed loves.

One more thing, i'd like to point out an observation here before I skat. if you'll notice these recent updates adjustment and the like, they're pushing the older player base out of the game for your softer , newer generation (which makes sense business wise, statistically speaking ect) I still dislike this fact.
    also it should be noted that igcb's right on the ip addresses, it's crazy simple to change ip and come back. That wouldn't be the greatest fix either.

I have more to say, so much more, and I know its badly presented rambling ect. So i'm going to stop here and go on with the day. /end rant

5. ALL RIGHT......

ALL THOSE WHO THINK OR SUSPECT CLANS OF HAVING "SAY WHAT????"

ACTUALLY THIS WEEK. ALL SHOULD NOT SIGN UP FOR EE. AS A WAY OF PROTESTING AGAINST THE LOSS OF ALL MITHRIL THAT YOU WORKED SO HARD TO GET.

WHEN THE DEVS ARE NOT CLEAR IN THEIR INTENT. AS THEY DON'T CLEARLY EXPLAIN WHAT THEY MEAN BY ILLEGAL ALTS/PLAYERS ETC.

AND WHY SHOULD I LOSE 25% OF 600B BCOS MY ALLY WAS HIRED JUST BEFORE WAR STARTS, OR IN THE MIDDLE OF WAR, WHEN I CAN UPGRADE MY BUILD. WHY???

MAKE SOME SENSE BEFORE POSTING THIS KIND OF RUBBISH N NOOB RAGE, DEVS.
    IT'S OBVIOUS, YOU YOURSELF DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

DEVS, JUST MAKE IT SO THAT OTHERS CAN'T HIRE ALLIES WHEN WE EE WAR.

6. Yeah lady. Tl:dr. Sorry

7. Seriously devs? You need to know all 100 clan members well enough to know that none of them would be willing to do any bending of "rules" in a war, or risk losing ALL your mithril? The mith that people were crystalling to buy when the max daily limit was set remarkably high compared to the price of each mith? If I drive together with a buddy to the store, and he decides to steal something while im not watching, is it then reasonable to fine even though I had no clue before, during, or after him committing the crime?

Also, just spell out all the illegal ways to war that has come to your attention, and especially if you decide to keep that insane punishment for innocent clan members. Will you also enforce this in an all star war? Would at least provide some comedy value to see you take away all of a lb accounts mith because someone with a grudge towards them got thrown into their clan and decided to cheat.

Want to remove land trick? Why can't you just change it so every new building starts with 0 troops. Removing the ability to upgrade during war is madness. If an expensive ally gets hired, you wont be able to buy back. So now you either gotta bank in pots/bars and take a huge loss, or self ko and try to find a good ally(which is easier said than done considering the amount of owners that are warring) in 15 minutes?

Just please list those illegal ways of running accounts/warring that I need to make sure that 99 random people I've met over the internet and happen to be in a clan with might decide to use.

8. can't upgrade? what if an ally sells in the middle of war :(

9. we are always let down by the devs and scantly compensated :(
    damn devs

10. Guys u can still have more than one legal account to war with. I'm happy devs are looking into and fixing exploits.

11. I think upgrading/ removing buildings is a dumb thing to remove bc you could have been really close to buying a land or upgrading and your first empty in the war gotcha there!

12. Remove miths?bad idea.no support.
    Not fair to make such a loss to players who had no idea that players in their clan are using illegal accounts.
    So now are we supposed to do investigations if we want to save our miths?
    The person using illegal account should be banned.not everyone in his clan

13. IP issue. You're joking right?

Lets say I have a ULTRA HIGH SPEED FIBRE BROADBAND at home going at 10Gbps, I would use WiFi to play. Why the heck should i be using HSPA (21Mbps) when i can access in excess of 480Mbps, compared to 72Mbps on 4G/LTE. Honestly.....
    Most Singaporeans have this now. 10 Gbps, FibreToTheHome (FTTH) called OpenNet.

That means all our IP address will show up the same, why? Bcos all my accounts are using the same IP address of my Home Broadband Account. Or the ISP's IP address....

And since ATA has lost the ability to track accounts based on UDID bcos of iOS 6.1.1 update.
    And I have not enabled all my accounts via ATA ID, you'll most likely think I was running multiple accounts through the same IP Address.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here?

I think ATA, you better start talking to your engineers. Solve your problems internally 1st.

STOP the I'm your Laoda (BigBrother) syndrome
    STOP tweaking your game until its no more fun. I've not been warring for more than 1-month now. And won't EE war either.
    STOP tweaking payouts in Haunting, you think I didn't notice.....
    >>> just pure unloads without items, you'll make less payout, you NEED to do items.
    STOP trying to end exploits. Exploits are found by peeps who explore the game, those who are interested in it, like Polyanna, 24Dude, tmh, Corinthian, Hansel, Nyn, the old iGs, zombie button pushers will leave before you know it.

Always remember:
    Those who've played above 10,000 hours of KaW know more about the mechanics of KaW.

Do you wanna become an Olympic Athlete?
    You need to spend 10,000 hours over a 3-4 year process to become an Olympian with a chance at Gold.

AND I SUPPORT YOUR POST JAYDE. WELL WRITTEN.

14. 480mbps?!?! :shock: i only get like 20 :cry:

15. Sorry malestone but what you wrote about the ip adress issue is not correct, not even for the singaporean system. IP adress is unique unless u use certain VPN services when surfing the internet. So your isp hand each customer an ip adress, those are not in any way identical to some sort of central isp ip as you claim.

16. As for your home broadband account, ip adresses are easily tracked to location (in some cases even email providers show location where email was sent from by using automated ip trackers) so there is little chance of devs believing that use of personal Wifi at home = account sharing.

17. Male  Giving stupid/weird theories everywhere bro :p

18. Omet clans

19. This is stupid. Let in an illegal alt without knowing it or able to verify it, and u stand to cost the clan EVERYTHING. How funny and absurd for players to wake up finding themselves losing almost everything they gained from warring in a war game, without any control and knowledge how it exactly happened lol

And basically genuine noob/new players will be banned from all wars lol

This hav to be one of the worst war update so far. Totally unreasonable

20. Are we back in middle age???
    "Kill them all, god will recognise his kind!"
    If a clan won using tricks u devs don't want to see in ee, first list those tricks!
    Since when is upgrading banned???
    Second you develop this game so it's up to you to program it so that we can't "cheat"!
    Land trick is part of game mechanics as you created it. If you think it's cheating remove it!

Third that a whole clan has to bear the consequences of a single person is just incredible! Don't put ur failure to limit cheats on our shoulders!
    I fought hard for my mithril! Suicide accounts dealing me little damage disturb me much less than match up 40 VS 55!! Deal with the real problems!