Kingdoms at War - *IMPORTANT VOTE* 02/11/2013 Update

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Give the lower roster size clan the ability to use additional Health Crystals!

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. No

345 vote(s)
    81.4%
  1. I mentioned this in passing earlier but wanted to expand on the idea some. I really do think locking Rosters to a pre-set number of Members is the way to go here. If only 5% of Clans are fielding over 60 Members anyway, Roster sizes of 30 or 60 even should not be difficult to accomodate. As it is now the Roster sizes have be parred down to 30-45 or 30-60, just change this to 30 or 60, period. This would solve all the issues of disparate Actions, Crystals, etc. without having to build anymore smarts into the War System.

The downside to implementing this would be that some Kingdoms may be left out of a War they otherwise could participate in, but I think this is the lesser of two evils as these Kingdoms could always War elsewhere, if not have a go the following day. I would have the top-30 or top-60 non-Veiled Kingdoms (depending on the size of the War joined) automatically fill the War Roster at Match-Up, with the extra non-Veiled Kingdoms getting bumped. This Roster-Cropping will make management of a War Roster easier too, since you only need to worry about your 30 or 60.

The extra Kingdoms looking for a home to War from may form run-off Clans to fight together, which will only add to competition. Two Clans of 30 could band together to try their luck at a 60-member War as well. This solution adds a lot of flexibility and significantly less headache than a wonky Crystal handicap.

2. The only way this could EVER be fair is if one clan had double the members of the other. That doesn't really happen because the matchups are good enough so just leave it

3. Wow! First of all, thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread and took the time to provide good, quality feedback.

I think it's clear to say that the crystal idea is not something that the community supports, and we will accommodate this for sure.

Based on this feedback, we will be putting together the format and structure of future Estoc Trials for next week. Thank you once again! :)

4. No wholeheartedly to increasing xtal use in ee. And why not keep war tax and payout in gold for system wars. Just eliminate the mith side and keep system wars alive for the few that are still doing them.

5. Ha... minute late on that one....

6. I agree with all the new proposals made 

7. @kaw_admin so how about designing a war bracket? All the wars take place at same time; just uses numbers instead of strength. Large clans want to war as a whole! Am i right?!

8. System wars: I think you all should view it and if it's an Intent for mithril only then no pay out, so ones who would like to system war still get mith.

Estoc wars: Stop reducing limit. 60's good enough

9. No support. Already couldnt get mith due to real life scheduling... While this does not matter to me at this current time, i think its completely wrong to create ee wars that suit primarily unemployed players. Thumbs down devs. I believe people are already bitter that they miss out on mith due to ee scheduling, to make this change creates unfair advantage to many people. Thanks again for too many changes that ruin the game overall and in the long run. Shame on you -

10. I vote NO.
    Find a way to fix your game that doesn't force my entire clan to spend even more $. Like, for example, run your matchups as normal, but give the bigger clan the option to drop a rough amount of cs to make it fair, or show the matchups stats and give the clans the ability to withdraw. If i knew leaving my clans roster would make it an even fight, i would do it. Catch the next one... Im sure every clan has a few participants that could go either way and be happy. Or have you considered a "balancing spell" of some kind, that will beef up the smaller kingdoms for the duration of the estoc?

11. No , leave it alone works fine why people moan I do not know its the luck of the draw and adds to excitement of warring !

12. So now the only way to get Mithril is to participate in EE? That ******* sucks.

13. The devs puts out a really bad idea that they know everyone will hate, lets us "kill" this idea. Making us think we actually have a say in this game.... Wait for their solution ppl. It will still be as bad, and will cost us money.

14. I will support IF the crystal ONLY cost $0.25 each and nobility point cost $0.10 eachmake EE war everyday 4x per day with different time zone. Just a dream

15. Vote against.

16. HELL NO!
    The 49 other pages pretty much sums it up. I know that KAW is always evolving to keep your player base(ADD) wanting more, but it seems that it's more evolving to size of a person's wallet. This is no longer kingdoms of war. This is now kingdoms of sanctioned pillow fights. I know it's a business to you guys but how fair is it going to be in any match if one side has deeper pockets? Your solution is no different than "juicing" in sports. You guys will never ever fix the matchups, theres too many variables, unless its handled like the all star wars(Players sign up and the Algorithm put people into teams based upon size). I'm pretty sure you will give up on that idea by the time EE trial decade one comes along.
    The whole purpose of EE was to revitalize a war system that brought masses to this game and also to promote clan unity. You pretty much help destroy clans by making it 1/3 of their rosters. I remember the long nights, the comradery, the CC full of team spirit, now a clan of 100 is broken to "we need you to veil or find another clan hosting war2". People are actually clan hopping more now than before to hunt mith, another great idea! Let's make mith the new currency that only ppl with no lives can get. Unlike EBs, you cannot come and go as you please in EE, you have to commit 4 nonstop hours at a designated time. Unless you going to integrate EE into a SW format, you pretty much told a large part of your customers that this new currency is unavailable. At least in a 48hr SW, I can still fight on my shift, around my sleep schedule, coordinate attacks, defend my mates, and sleep normally. can't say the same for EE.
    If you guys are going to make this more of a tournament style game, don't mention the word "WAR", just say this, "this weeks regulated and sanctioned XTAL fest blah blah blah"
    It used to be where I would buy a $20 xtal pack and say to myself, "that'll be one less lap dance I get this week, but it's worth it", but now I rather have my 2 minutes of heaven at the club on E st with a dancer named Destiny.
    EE has only been out for a couple of months and has been broken since day 1. Please keep your promise and fix whats most important to us. Let us play the game we come love years ago that inspired us to shell out $$. Or are you willing to gamble my hard earned $$ and leave it all to hands of Destiny?

17. Vote NO to xtals, also please do not remove mith from the only source that provides it for the rest of us folks who can't EE.

18. I vote yes. It helps level the playing field when there is a 10-15 participant difference between clans.