The "Outside System" System War

Discussion in 'Wars' started by SirIsaacLime, Jan 21, 2013.

1. I skipped after you mentioned plunder system

PLUNDER SYSTEM?

How about "war until the other clans CF"?
    OSW shouldn't be systemised, it's off system. You can't pin rules down. Anything goes

2. You must not have read any of it.

I said you CANNOT judge an OSW on plunder. That's it would would NOT be included, but rather a way to obtain points. One of many. And that the ONLY way to win is to get the other side to surrender.

3. Then how could that possibly be an accurate representation of who is winning the war?

4. You should re-read the the OP. You can't win the war on anything other than a surrender. Your question was addressed later on.

Points are only a way of tracking progress and to obtain certain rewards through PvP within the war, but not a way to actually win the war.

5. What about a cease fire what would happen to any reward that might be available?

6. 1. How the war will be declared? The target clan will have "reject" option?
    2. You think epic battles should be enabled? Because are a necessary evil for hansels. They won't be able to always find an open target so they will leak.
    If is like this can be easy to exploit. If a clan is farmed, they can declar war to one of their subclans and will be invulnerable to outside hits.
    I think can work if:
    1. No reject option. Surrender only after a longer time. One week maybe.
    2. Even higher payout on quests(maybe a "repeat" button aswell) even to have only one epic battle enabled (a new one, only attacks and without a reward at the end)

7. @fyre

There will be no reward for winning a war. Like OSW, you win rep and bragging rights. Plus I want to avoid exploits like plunder wars.

The rewards that will be earned are through in-war actions and milestones in points. Since you earn those while the war is actually happening, a CF or surrender will have no brainy on that.

8. Bearing*

Thanks autocorrect

9. I like. SUPPORT

10. You need a new name for it, being that OSW is for the old school war and also doubles for out of system war, your idea is still a system, maybe it can replace the current system! Good idea I would just classify it different

Regardless people will always try to fight out of system so the winner/loser will never be able to brag/excuse for winning/losing .. Hence popularity contest 

11. @Devil

I’ll try and be a little more clear. The basics of this idea are simple:

- A war system with no time limit
    - An unlimited amount of clans can join
    - No change in mechanics from regular OSW
    - You war until surrender or CF.

I could have left it at that but I added the point system for 3 reasons:

1. To gauge the activity on either side by looking at things like total actions, pins, and yes…plunder. It’s not necessarily there to see who’s “winning” but for everyone, inside and outside of war, to track basic progress. Even things like strips, that cannot be directly quantified, will be represented indirectly by large figures in areas like spy actions.

2. Clans that are laying down dead but refuse to surrender in hopes of getting a CF will have their actual in-war actions up for scrutiny, especially when trying to mount a propaganda campaign in forums.

3. To accommodate a PvP based reward system. This is something many people have been asking for, for quite a while now. I wanted to try and incorporate that into this idea.

12. @Vlad

1. I’d like to see clans be forced into war if it’s declared and have to surrender to get out, just like OSW. If the clan that challenges you is significantly more powerful? Oh well, that’s how it works already with OSW, now it will just be on record. But realistically, ATA might see that as a free-for-all and too many clans will complain that they’re being bullied (even though nothing has really changed). Allowing clans to opt out would kill this idea though, imo.

2. I’m still thinking about the EB thing. I was for it at first, only to allow hansels a way to self pin, but now I’m starting to reconsider it. For one, I could see it leading to exploits that would be a royal pain to have to program around (not to say that it couldn’t be done, but I won’t get into that right now). I also think it would be nice to see things get back to old school kaw, like ballEs mentioned. I didn’t have EB’s to pin my hansel on back when I started playing, people can find targets. And who knows…maybe we’ll see a rebirth of the attack build? Lol

TL;DR version:

Cannot reject a war, but can surrender or call CF at any point.

Disable EB’s but leave quests enabled for self-pinning. Or leave them enabled, I don’t really care either way lol. But if you complain about it not being “real enough” than you also need to find a solution to the exploits.

13. If there were no mechanics changes then that would mean EB enabled...

14. Geez leave the bloody osw as they are all I can see Is new eb noobs coming into the game trying to change it... Well NO am osw is a war which the devs can't control or have noting to do with now leave it as that sheesh

15. "Game mechanics" refer to the way actions play out in the game. For example, if you were able to KO people in this war system like you can in EE wars, but not OSW, then that would mean game mechanics have changed. Having EB there or not doesn't change any of the actual mechanics though. EB is just a function within the game.

16. I am all for this. Having a plunder list with successful AND fail actions as items would be awesome.

Here's a tiny thought; what if a clan could simply block another clan through this? Eg: ad mortem chooses a clan to extort, clan doesn't want to play, blocks ad mortem. Bullying ends.
    Just a thought, I'm not for or against it.

17. @iBurn, that doesn't really mesh with this idea. When a clan starts an OSW with another clan, they can't block it, so it shouldn't be any different here.

@lungsta, yep...big eb noob right here :roll:

18. The only incentive I need for war is that IT IS WAR AND IT'S A WAR GAME.

I'm sick of these crutches for today's pansy ass players who can't even hit another player without a legitimate reason (/).-)

19. @Limey I was referring at that "special epic battle" as an alternative to quests. Imo the easies way would be to increase the payout from quests. Not to much programming needed for this. And you're right abouy the beginningof KaW... But you have to consider that back then we didn't had so many defense/spy defense pots, so many attack/spy attack pots. Now a hit or an incoming hit cost way much more. So if eb will be stopped (and I totally agree with this) atleast quests payout will be good if would be increased.
    After all your idea is not about totally changing the osw tactics. If I get I correct is just to put on an a screen what is happening in OSW. Which is good imo... No more childish fights in forums like "we are pinning you 24/7" "liar! I have no inc" and such...