Kingdoms at War - 01/02/13 Update

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 

2. the blacksmith is hung over from too much partying on nye, no new items......

3. Thank you for the open communication. Much appreciated.

If possible, it would be very helpful for prep to get war timings further in advance. At least a week would be great.

I appreciate all you are doing so far.

4. Updated the original post with some responses to questions that were asked.

5. Thanks for the update kaw-admin. I hope you run double mith in the future! :D

6. Why is tower build a disadvantage... Everyone can build it so not really a disadvantage. Just change build an quit moaning

7. Towers can be frustrating but they arent unbeatable. Plenty tops players dont have towers and are just as hard if not harder to ko then some with tower builds.

8. Yes i would suggest a max of 40 people. This will increase the numbers of warring clans and solve the problem of unfair matchups.

9. two things
    1) tower builds should be left alone. part of this game is strategy, and having a good build is part of that. if u equalize every build, its no fun. tower build should be left as is, it makes you think of more strategy durig the wars instead of just hit, hit, hit

2) forfeits are a big issue. mith should not decrease if theres a forfeit but instead DOUBLE as you are clearly better than the opposing clan. this will decrease amount of forfeits (hopefully) and make wars more fun!

10. Can you bring back mith sales for people who don't like these wars as we still need it for farming and osw

11. I sacrificed 18 mil in plunder to have this build ! Anyone can do it so what's the big deal! You just want to get all the plunder from EB but don't want to chance losing a war!

12. In my opinion, the Forfeit mith payout is a big problem, because last week during the #3 war, my clan's opponent forfeited when they were losing very badly and when the the mith payout came, the payout was tiny, and it was during the double mith week too. This could cause major disadvantages to the winning clan, because the losing clan could forfeit when they see they cannot win. And ensuring a smaller mith payout to the winner.

13. I don't see a problem with lag and I bet most of the complaints are due to low activity and connection speeds.
    I use this method:

Find a target. Keep attacking a target 1-2mins before coming out of KO. -you get a message telling you in mins how close you are getting to come out of KO. -you also get a message that tells you if your target is OPEN.
    Have a few targets ready and stay active constantly trying attack or use spies.
    I started self KO ing a lot more after being Active.

14. Hmm equipment wasn't released last week for the holidays... And now there's a hiccup in releasing them this week. Why do I have a feeling there was truthfully a hiccup last week also and equipment wasn't ready then either?

15. How about devs make a way so we don't have to fight from ko. It's just another turtle type of way. Oh we did the towers and now that build is gone. Devs stop making it a balanced game. It's like what's the point of using potions. We all use them yes but it would have the same effect if we didn't and we would all be richer. At least war builds separated the warring ppl from the eB whoring ppl. Which are the ones complaining in the first place

16. I wanted to put in my two cents about the tower build.

It annoys me that people complain about the mechanics of the game, and instead of just figuring out how to win against it (the tower build can be assassinated easily by a spy or a Hansel to KO), they are being placated, and now it’s a possibility that mechanics will change simply because some players whine that they can’t figure out how to “win”. It’s a game, it’s not meant to be easy.

Anyone can have a tower build, just like anyone can have a hybrid build or a Hansel build or an attack build. Each build has pros and cons, and each build is the player’s choice. These whiners could also build a tower build if they so chose, but most would rather have the high plunder that comes with other builds. That is their choice.

As a haxor, I can’t beat a high attack build. Should I complain about that, and demand you change the mechanics? I can’t attack a Hansel when their troops are pinned, either. How about a pure spy without gold out? Game mechanics, all. The more variety, the more interesting the game. Don't whine, figure out how to win and find the builds that can do it. Organize your clan for war. Don't put the blame on ATA and demand they change mechanics just because you don't want to lose.

The tower build, while a little more difficult to figure out, is just newer. Once the community figures out the ins and outs of the mechs, it will be like any other. We figured out Hansel without complaint, and without adjusting mechanics to placate the whiners who want to have an easy win.

Each build has pros and cons. This build, the plunder is nil. You sacrifice your own growth for the betterment of your clan in war. Some would rather get the plunder, some would rather be more difficult to KO.

It’s a choice. If you limit that choice, again, you are limiting game play. Don’t let the players control the mechanics of your game, as they already try to do. Let them figure out how to play it.

Thank you for your time.

17. Tower Builds sacrifice huge plunder, growth and ATTACK. Devs there is no need to change this. If every build is available with its own set of unique pros and cons....why are we even having this discussion. It's a new element to the game and people will adjust in time. People crowed about new ebs, new pots, new equipment, etc. so why are we even having THIS discussion? Put your foot down and tell these babies to stop crying. Sheesh!

18. Great devs...way to hint at killing the tower build personality. What are you people thinking??? This game just became lame..

19. C'mon devs nothing wrong with the tower build. It' like me whining about not being able to hit pure spies. Stop caving and let people choose which direction they wish to take in this game. We all have the CHOICE....so stop taking away our options!!!