Amateur Writers Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by StrictlyProfessional, Jan 2, 2013.

1. KaW FF is a lot like a home for me, an internet one and slightly untrustable, but home. I think if you obliterate it, as you seem to suggest, you get rid of valuable history and you leave writers on KaW to a community that does not have the same mindset as they do.

FF is not spam. It will never be spam.

2. Okay it's a bit longer than spam. If thats the only problem you have with saying that they're the same, then just say stories people write on kaw are the same as really long spam

3. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. They're not.

Do you write? At all? And I don't mean essays. If you did, you would know what I was talking about.

5. Yes, I do have a signature.

6. Just asking, how is FF spam?

7. Really? Wouldn't have thought. But seriously, you're not a writer, you don't get it. That simple.

8. Its really long spam, that's what me and nova have decided.

9. I'm not sure where you got the whole length thing, but you don't speak for me.

10. You said you would never say that, i thought you were hinting that i should say it for you

11. Im going to look at this like this....

People enjoy writing in FF, but you do not like FF. So, you will spend time debating the legitimacy of FF.

So, if you know of a newspaper that you do not like, would you buy it to scoff at what is in there?

12. [​IMG]

The definition of spam as stated by the admin.

FF is not spam, plain and simple. You don't understand it, you don't like it, do a Moose and stay out of it.

13. No willy i will not buy fan fiction. I dont think the devs would allow that in the first place.

14. @nova I agree FF is not regular spam, it's also really long, i thought you agreed with me on that but, i miss read what you were saying.

15. Unfortunately for you, now it just seems like this thread is a joke to you. As I don't find my writing to be a joke, I will bid you good day and hope you find another place to be absolutely ridiculous.

16. Email them.

I'll argue that it is here, therefore I can write stories and ruin your KAW experience. I may work on one tonight about a little dumb kid who's mind was so closed, he suffocated in silent victories basted in his own self-loathing and chest-pounding.

Nova, I need characters for this story....

17. So, you have a signature. I'm sure we all have some form of one. You're not special.

Spam, as was said, is the repeated posting of the same thing with the intent of annoying the target audience. How can you apply the "long" description to it?

Also, last I checked, the devs made fan fiction. It's now home to arguably the longest running thread in KaW, and several works are mentioned in Best Of.

So, you're complaining to us, a forum that's essentially hidden away, that we aren't really a collection of writers (for the most part, we are amateurs, that is unarguable). If that were the case, Fan Fiction would have been shot down and shut down from the start.

I see it being used for the very purpose it was created. I also see you as someone who just has nothing better to do than to try to aggregate us because you don't see the value in this forum.

18. Before you leave let me hear you say it Nova, "I write really long spam"

19. I write stories.

Not spam.

Willy, I'd be glad to give you a few characters.

20. How is it spam? Last I checked, all the works here are different and, for the most part, original.

StrictlyProfessional. A rare creature, most often portrayed by our most skilled animal hunters as a small child raised with one too many electronic screens in his face, standing in a library filled with books. Why this most peculiar creature doesn't leave the place e hates so very much is a mystery to even the finest of Earth's scientists.