New Player Guide - S.T.F Academy

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by WinfredfastDehnabolt, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Welcome to the world of Kingdoms At War ~

This is a simplified guide to how to play. Basically, S.T.F Academy is one of many clans dedicated to helping new players get a better feel for the game. So, here is what we would tell you do in order.

1) GET IN A CLAN ~ this step is most important. You want to get in a clan that helps new players. You can find clans by clicking on players names in the world chat or who send you messages and then click on their clan name. What will an ideal clan for a new player look like? First, it needs to have over thirty members. Second, their members should be strong enough to help you. Look at their tenth best member under their members. If his numbers don't add up to 500,000 keep looking. Third, you want to see what epic battles they are doing. If the epic battle they are running is not a boar (Calydor) or a squid (Z'uthmerak) keep looking.

2) GET A VOLLEY ~ a volley is a system by which players buy you. They invest in you. When you join a clan, if they do not volley you within the first 24 hours, find another clan. They should be willing to volley you up past 1 Billion gold and you should not have to ask. All you should have to say is, "I'm new here, can someone help me learn how to play." They should have someone buying you back-and-forth immediately.

3) CLEAR NINE LANDS ~ the initial three would have been cleared during the tutorial. Clear six more with the money you received from volleys. The reason you are doing this is because the better military buildings cannot be bought until nine lands are cleared.

4) PURCHASE AND UPGRADE BUILDINGS ~ I recommend 2 guilds and 6 forges. These will provide a good starting source of income. It will take a full hour to get all your troops in but once you have the forges fully upgraded and the guilds on their way, you are set to start making some serious progress.

5) JOIN THE EPIC BATTLE ~ Every epic battle offers you an opportunity at gold. Get in and get your hands dirty. Take part because that gives you more money to upgrade more buildings and to clear more lands.

6) JOIN THE CLAN CHAT ~ Take part in the conversations. People like to help people they know. They do not want to help some random name. Don't share overly personal information but ask for some good advice. Also, ask if there are any potions necessary for an epic battle. Some epic battles have requirements you must fulfill. Be aware of them.

7) READ FORUMS ~ The best place to start is the Epic Battle Spoiler that Wulf produced. He basically tells you how to beat each of the Epic Battles. It is under the category Strategy. There are others but ask questions and look around.

Good luck.

2. Nice but new players don't usually read forums

3. Nice guide!

Players will say "this thread has already been made", and it has....

But new players usually look at Active Topics, and hopefully this will hang out there. Nice formatting, and good advice.

4. As an owner of a successful academy clan I would say this is about right one the money. Especially finding the righ clan with the right people. This is almost make or break for a player. Great job on this thread. Can only hope new people will see this.

5. Accurate. Deserves a bump

6. Frosty was here.

I love S.T.F. Academy!

7. Good clan, nice people.

8. Would be nice if the devs can link this in their welcome message they send you when you first start KAW. Would help a lot of people. And this thread is short an to the point. Would be a great suggestion to the devs.

9. great job!!

10. Meow, that's good

11. As owner of S.T.F Academy i always try to partake in the volleys and like this forum a lot very helpful enjoy kawing the build alone stands you at 43k attack

12. i like it but i would have included tou reading 

13. ^^ that is very true. If only half of KAW read tou as they joined.

14. What's TOU? 

15. Nice read.

Don't support it as a sticky thread, considering it has a clan name in title. With that title, it looks like a clan ad.

TOU link is important to be added in a
    guide for newbies.

16. I love it. This would help new players ALOT!

17. Meh, as already stated, read tou. Also, people may not know where something like clan chat is located. Maybe be more descriptive and helpful to a new player...

18. There should also be a small section about allies in there....I feel like I missed the boat on that one :)

19. For war, I've read the following advice ~ thanks to Buddhastouch for this
    1) Prepare by buying a minimum of 50 of each potions (for players under 1 Million CS)
    2) Prepare by being ready to buy and cast all low level mithril spells (that will cost 14 mithril)
    3) Cast all four mithril spells about 15 minutes before battle starts
    4) Use full potions on every action ~ this makes a huge difference in your effectiveness
    5) Only use your spies to KO players, or assassinate high level players
    6) Try to keep spies above 50%
    7) Follow the Tracker/Commander
    8) Do not use crystals unless or until you are told to do so
    9) Keep clan chat clear
    10) Report incoming attacks by their name
    11) Report accounts that are dtw (defenders too weak)

Alright ~ here is my theory on Estoc wars....

The Start ~
    1) Your opening sets of attacks should be scouts ~ why scouts? Typically a scout with full potions will kill three of their troops for every one of theirs. If they are identical in size to you and you scout their spies and they attack your troops, they will get more gold in the initial attack but you will knock them out and have about 50% of your spies and 50% of your troops left. Also, they cannot retaliate on scouts and assassinates because they do not know where they came from

2) Once their spies are defender too weak, assassinate and attack their troops, always trying to make sure their spies do not get a chance to regenerate.

3) Attackers should be paired or probably put in three to focus on a single larger target of the opponent's army. After the inital target is wiped out, it is probably wise to have a second and third target for each group. With some good scouting and planning, you can be on your way to a major war win.

4) Crystals are best used in the beginning about two minutes after you are KO'd. Then you can scout and assassinate without anyone knowing who is attacking. They will assume you are still KO'd but instead you are wreaking havoc with your spies again. Why use crystals in the beginning? If you can get a major advantage early and KO their whole clan ~ they will believe they are in trouble and many players will mentally or emotionally begin to check out.