Strip/steal is toast. Devs changed how steals work!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IIIIIllllllllllIIIlllllllllIII, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Well!

Up until a day or two ago, stealing an opponent caused them to lose 0.3% of the cash they had on hand, unless they had a very small amount in which case it was a stats-based thing.

Well!

As of now, the devs have changed the steal rate to 0.025%, less than a 10th of what it used to be.

What does that mean?

Before, to take half of someone's money required 231 successful steals. Now, 2770.

Before, to take 90% of somebody's money required 765 steals. Now, around 9200.

So basically, spies may still be earning the same amount of money, but their defenders are losing less than a 10th of what they used to.

Probably the devs making an effort to reduce the overwhelming power of the strip/steal.

Okay then! Run your own tests and confirm!

Cheers!!!

2. Lol -- interesting

3. R u sure? I think they would of said something if they did that

4. Clever guy props on the math and work put into the thread. Good post thanks

5. My owner knowz math

6. ya seems like devs would have announced a change like this.

7. Thanks egg that's really good.

New age are toast now that their last resort--Stripping--is next to impossible

8. First, the devs often make changes without announcing them.

Second, I think losses taken from troop attacks was increased from 0.1% to 1%. This is also easy enough for you to test yourselves and confirm. Losing 70 mil on a single hit b/c you have 7 bil out really hurts...

9. I've not observed losses on a hit from troops to be a flat percentage of cash on hand like with steals, but rather it always seems based on a stats comparison of attacker vs defender, based on current power of attacker too not on max possible power, which is why the loss per hit drops with each hit, as the attackers troops decrease.

Devs have never announced game mechanics changes of this nature, that I can recall. Did they announce it when they increase plunder from T3's a while back, or did we all just wake up to huge income as had never been seen before?

10. Great find Eggshen. I think this is a great thing for all of kaw. Too many butt naked kingdoms running around.

11. Well I had already heard several of the people who got stripped saying they still had most of the cash left... So this would just ensure that even more...

12. Nice observation Egg! ξ€Žξ€Ž

Glad to know it doesnt affect gold earned by spies, that wouldve just f-ed spies up.

13. I'm guessing another reason to kill stripping would drop inflation.

14. I must give props to reaper_ as he is the one who brought the change to my attention. I just did tests to measure the new rate and contrast it with the old. And props to the super-rich guy who took down his spy def so I could see if it works the same if you have tens of billions instead of hundreds of millions like I had on hand. For obvious reasons he will remain nameless. Lol. But thanks to both of you guys!

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could view this is a bad thing, except those who thrive on destroying opponents via strip/steal. They're the only ones hurt by it. The rest of us are helped.

So props to the devs for a creative solution to the strip/steal problem!

15. Yeah, I was doing my math to determine how many steals it would take to strip someone and suddenly the numbers changed.

This happened before the war or soon after the war started though. The stripping still continues..

16. And i'm almost certain this change took place at least one week ago. It was before the stripping of TruePlayer I know that.

17. thanks for sharing the info and math you did. appreciate it and yeah after i posted earlier i tested it too guess were gonna see a lot of 24x T3 builds now.

18. Hmmm... If what nyn said is true... We will have attack strips soon... ξ„ˆ

19. And to what nyn said, I believe it went from .01% to .1%