*Updated...* Updated Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Disgusting...

2. Re: Updated Splash Screen

I bet the devs are bumbed. :'(

I know i would be if people were tearing apart my amazing artwork. Take it as constructive criticism and know that we love you :).

3. Re: Updated Splash Screen

At least the head on new one doesn't look misshapen.

4. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Original
    [​IMG]
    New
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for getting rid of her Carol Brady haircut. Judging from the two, you are trying out a more realistic approach to the design: the skin, hair, metalwork, and shield look better. Unfortunately the new splash screen looks less composed. In the original there is an army in battle, calvary at charge, castle being burnt, dragon in flight, and oriflammes being hoisted. When you apply the rule of thrids to the new image ...it seems less interesting.

Why don't you use something like your banner ad?
    [​IMG]
    You still have the buxom blonde but this time she is in battle. Thus, reinforcing that this game is [supposed to be] a war game and not a RP dating site. Keep the busty broads on PimD; please.

Your Art Directors and Fantasy Artists are producing great works. I remember the first time running the app on my iPad and marveling at the details. But, you can't forget that the splash screen has existed for three years now. It will be hard to overcome whatever sentimental and nostalgic cues that the veteran players may have.

5. Re: Updated Splash Screen

I meant to also add something similar to what homedawg76 just said  but I was already freaking out about over regenning (my kaw complex). ImaginaryAmigo also makes very notable observations and suggestions

@Kaw: We do love you, and are especially happy that you guys pay so much attention and are actively working on updates, such as this, and we are very thankful that we don't have neglectful people in control.

I'd like to reiterate my interest in a player(s) clad in the Red War Paladin set (male and/or female). It would make a nice intro to Kingdoms at WAR.

-Normally this is not a topic I would remotely care about, since I almost never look at it, but since it is the topic at hand...

6. Re: Updated Splash Screen

@KaW Could you please at least add an option in settings where we could choose to either have the new splash screen or the old one? Most people here–including myself–seem to prefer the old screen over the new one.

7. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Not too bad :)

I think more could be happening in the background but oh well :D

8. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Could you at least make her thinner, she looks butch to me.

9. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Current Droid Splash Page:
    [​IMG]

New Droid Splash Page:
    [​IMG]

The girl (?) in this new one looks like she just walked out of a Play Station 1 rpg game. I recommend he/she takes a higher dose of estrogen cuz the manliness is making me feel uncomfortable. :shock: Also needs some serious coloring/shading work.

And put some clothes on her plz! :roll:

The background is nice, and I like what you've done to the logo!

"A" for Effort, "B-" for execution

10. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Lol this would make some people to want kaw to load longer

11. Re: Updated Splash Screen

I agree, don't like it and I'm a girl :roll:
    Current banner and android splash art are good and modern, iphone loading screen looks old but stylish, new one looks crappy and cheesy.

12. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Guys for awhile we have been asking the devs to change this and then they listen to us and create a new one so don't give them a bunch of crap they worked hard to do this so the least you can do is say thank you

13. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Wow, lame

14. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Why dun u guys make her wearing or carrying things like equip from eb,i.e a bow,ctt helmet,cor BPL...just an idea. Cheers

15. Re: Updated Splash Screen

lol...people will complain about pretty much anything (I thought I was bad) lately, what the hell does it matter? You see it for all of 5 seconds.

The big girl looks hot...lol The guy complaining about her musclier build? How do you expect her to fight Dragons and the like if she has a tiny frame???

Grow up losers.

16. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Plz make it something like a red paladin on w/e. As people have said, this is a war game and you should give that message (not a perv message). If that's the first thing I saw of this app on the App Store, I'd ignore it altogether...

17. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Not updating.

18. Re: Updated Splash Screen

Theyre giving us a bunch of crap (picture)

19. Re: Updated Splash Screen

:lol:

20. Re: Updated Splash Screen

The curing iDevice one was kind of a stretch, but this one? Im only gonna update if something cool comes with it