Luana Mona

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *Love_Mandy (01), Oct 18, 2012.

1. its a great story :3 i want more :3

2. More is coming!! :)

3. TuT I am so happy I have some readers.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~
    BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
    My alarm went off, shaking me out of my slumber. When I had gotten home last night, my parents were arguing. I had walked directly past them on my way upstairs, but they didn't even notice me. I groaned, and flipped my alarm off. It was time to get ready for school.
    -------

I passed through the first two periods of school day normally. There was normally seven periods, including lunch. Usually I'm kind of zoned out in school, though. Today, I felt like I was breathing in the air of the high school for the first time. Had my English teacher's voice always had that lisp? Since when was there a janitor closet in the front hallway?

I have all honors classes, but school has never been hard for me. I'm someone with a lot of time, so the homework was never an issue. I felt annoyed with myself as I passed through awkward hallways. Why did the school feel so nostalgic to me? I'd been coming here every day for almost six months, yet it felt so unfamiliar.

It didn't just feel unfamiliar. It looked unfamiliar. There were storage rooms and locked doors. There was a teacher's lounge with a fancy fridge. There were two different computer labs that I never noticed before. There was a huge library with thick-bound textbooks. There were other buildings with classrooms that I'd never been in. There were benches and trees outside. There were football, baseball, and soccer fields. There was an enormous gym that I passed several times. There were what seemed to be hundreds of teachers and students that I had never seen in my life. Weirded-out, I couldn't believe how I had never seen any of it before.

After the first two restless classes, I decided to calm down a little bit. As I left my second class, I felt myself mix into the crowd of busy students. Popular kids, nerdy kids, emo kids, and all the other stereotypes mixed together around me. We were all going to classes, and we were all in the same hallways of this school. My alert thoughts disappeared by the time I reached my third period class.

Making my way to my assigned seat in the back of the room by the window, I pulled out my homework. I arranged my pencil, notebook, and homework in a formal way. I stared out the window without seeing really anything. My mind was blank.

I took notes thoughtlessly, and continued through the class. Today there was a test, but I was not worried. I filled in the answers easily, and set the test aside.

After a minute or two, someone kicked me. I jumped, reawakened from my hypnotic daze. Looking over, I saw Earl! What the heck was he doing, one chair over? Had he been there the whole time? Had he been sitting every day there for the entire semester? What the heck?

While I stared at him, he whispered in a high-pitched voice, "Stop it, stop it! You're making me blush!" He threw a hand over his forehead dramatically, leaned back in his chair, and fluttered his eyelashes at me with kissy lips.

I turned away towards the window. Somehow, my balled-up hand found its way to my mouth. My eyes watered up as I shook with silent laughter.

Earl threw an eraser at me under the desk. When I composed myself enough to look at him, he stealthily pointed at my desk. I was surprised to find a note there.

4. Hmm... No offense but it's starting to not make sense...

5. Oh no!! :eek: Sorry about that! That update was more in her head than anything else... XD what do you think of this one?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    When I opened the note, it was blank. I flipped it over. There was nothing there! Why did he even bother to give it to me? I was completely befuddled.

Earl slid another note across the floor to me with his foot. I leaned down and picked it up. I opened the second folded piece of paper. There was nothing written on it. I stared at the note, feeling very strange.

"Miss Darsche, is there something you would like to show me?" My tall, stern teacher walked to me from across the room. When she reached me, she stood over me in a slightly intimidating way. Her hand was outstretched towards me, her brow raised expectantly.

I handed her the two blank pieces of paper. The entire class watched the exchange. It seemed like they were curious to know what the popular guy was doing passing notes to me. Me, who they thought was stiff and apparently royalty. I would have blushed, but I am kind of tan, so it wouldn't have showed in my face.

Without looking at the notes, the teacher brought them to the front of the room. She cleared her throat at her podium, as if she was going to read them out loud. But then, when she looked down at the notes, she frowned. From the corner of my eye, I saw Earl trying not to smile. The teacher seemed at a loss as to why the notes were blank. Shrugging, she stuck them to the whiteboard with little round magnets.

"I will collect your tests in 5 minutes," she informed the rest of the students, who quickly started writing down answers. Class was almost out. When the hourly bell rang, she dismissed us. In the flurry of students picking up backpacks, I escaped from the room.

It was lunch time, so I walked to the lunch room as fast as I could. I didn't want Earl to pursue me or sit by me again in the lunch room. I was not the first one to the lunch room. It was packed with teenagers munching and chatting at the various tables. I looked around, and was relieved that I didn't see Earl. After I got food from the lunch lady, I made my way to the empty table that I normally ate at.

6. keep going i love it 

7. Thanks!! :) I will update again in a couple days.. And will try to make it more coherent!!! XD

8. It's AWESOME!!!!! I started laughing when Earl said "Stop it your making me blush" 

9. @elaname same here
    Continue plz!!!

10. Much better, great job!

11. Here's an update!! Does it make sense? What do you guys think?
    ~~~~~~~~
    I was ravenous. Sitting down, I left my school bag by my feet. I was about to dig into another gross school lunch, when I felt someone cover my eyes. I jumped a mile; I had been in my own little routine world. Whose hands were on my face? Being acne-conscious, I thought that I was going to have to use a little more face wash tonight. Who knew where their hands had been?

Still spooked by the person who had their hands around my face, I dropped my fork, and I heard the school Macaroni splat onto the table. I started to stand up, but the hands left my face and pushed me down gently by the shoulders.

"Yeesh, calm down! It's only me." Earl rolled his eyes and sat across the table from me.

"What do you mean, 'only me'? I hardly know you!" I stammered at him, embarrassed at the small mess I made. I quickly scooped up the macaroni with a napkin and put it to the side. Earl watched me, amused.

"Mhm." The corners of his mouth curved downward, but it looked like he was trying not to laugh at me. My mouth, on the other have, curled up at one side as I watched him attempt to be polite.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes. Well, aside from the chewing noises. Together we sat at the generic school table. Together we ate generic school macaroni. Earl seemed relaxed, but him being so quiet made me nervous. He was normally so energetic.

After a period of silence, I jumped again when Shalae's carrying voice boomed through my ears. "Gosh, Luana! We've been waving at you to join us for, like, five minutes!" She didn't sound mad, but I bet she was peeved that I didn't notice her.

Shalae and her posse of cheerleaders approached us. My eyes were torn away from Earl and macaroni. My mouth was wide open, and I choked a little when they all sat around us. 'All these popular girls just left their cozy table in the middle of the room to sit in the shadow of the room by me... Why?!' I asked myself.

I felt warm inside. Maybe, just maybe, they considered me as their friend now.

The cheerleaders settled in, adjusting clothes, hair, and makeup to make themselves look and feel comfortable. They all had trays of salad, which they had carried across the lunch room. They started gabbing and gossiping enthusiastically.

A few minutes later, a few jocks bustled into the lunch room. It was comical to see them jump around looking for their pretty cheerleaders, who were not at the normal spot. The jocks laughed when they found us all in the corner. Pulling more tables near us, they joined into the lunch.

Suddenly, Shalae decided to bring me into the spotlight. "So, Luana, what country are you from?" I was confused at the question at first. Then, more of the popular kids joined in, asking me questions.

"Are you really royalty, Luana?"

"Can you drive? What kind of car does your family have?"

"Luana! How come you always walk to school?"

"What languages do you speak, Luana?"

"I..." I started off. Their questions reminded me of the rumor about me being a royal foreigner. Was that the only reason they had sat by me? My heart sank. Did they really only want to be my friend because I was supposedly rich and noble? "I'm not really anythi-"

"Her friends don't call her Luana." Earl's voice was cold and stiff in his interruption, "She goes by Ana." I looked at Earl, taken aback. Hadn't he just refused last night to call me Ana? And.. why did he look that way?

With his arms folded, his shoulders squared, and an unreadable expression, he looked quite formidable. That didn't even begin to describe his eyes. I couldn't look away, and he stared right back. No, not even that, he glared at me. What was it about his eyes? They were suddenly dark and mysterious. They were cold. They were so dead, yet so painfully deep. The dark tunnels appeared to continue on forever in his eyes. His eyes used to be so kind. Those brown eyes-

"Ana..." Shalae murmured, interrupting my thoughts. When I looked back at her, she blushed and looked away, apparently abashed by Earl's statement. A few other people recognized me as 'Ana' too, but aside from that, they were all pretty quiet. An awkward silence swallowed the table. I felt like I was being drenched in heavy, boiling rain.

"So, ... how long have you all been cheerleaders?" I randomly put an idea out there, desperate for something to happen. A few girls muttered that they had basically been doing it forever, since they were little kids.

The popular kids recovered. They continued to jest and gossip, like nothing had happened. It was the first time I had seen them quiet, even scared, in my entire history of knowing them.

Earl was silent, and seemed uninterested in any of the conversations. He wasn't as foreboding, but he was still intimidating to talk to. Was he actually the 'strong and silent' type? It was so hard to compare this Earl to the Earl I had laughed with and talked to a mere 20 minutes or so earlier. Why did he act like this around everyone else?

~~~~~~
    What's happened to Earl?

12. I LOVE IT!!!!!

13. Its so good! And yes this chapter does make sense lool!

14. What happened to Earl?
    WHO WAS PHONE!?

15. Continue :D love love love it :3

16. Yay!! Thanks ~(^o^(~) I will update again soon.

And cheesemuffin, what do you mean by 'WHO HAS PHONE?' XD

17. Not quite sure of the origin, but there was a comic about two animals talking to eachother over the phone. At the end, Dog freaks out and asks, "THEN WHO WAS PHONE!?"