who won war of 1812

Discussion in 'Wars' started by __LynxTamer__, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I'm curious to see who thinks the winner of war of 1812 yes I know it was technicaly a draw and that it was 200 years ago but it's apart of are history oh and I say Canada/Britain won it

2. No one won!

3. Technicaly but U.S. did never win a battle in war so why did we agree to treaty

4. The US did, the UK came over to the US accomplished nothing and went back home empty handed

5. Battle of New Orleans, anyone?

6. It was a draw as agreed upon at the Treaty of Ghent. Lol, except Andew Jackson never got the message 

7. jackson pwned the brits in that one.

but technically that was after the war was already over.

8. GB handed our asses to us, but we are too stubborn to admit it of course.

9. The treaty was never ratified by either parties. So that was a legitimate battle during the war

10. ...yeah. it was ratified months before.

11. Then it wasn't ratified by GB, and that's why they went ahead to try and take New Orleans

12. Speaking of British people, who's getting AC3?

13. Britain didn't want war they were fighting Napoleon at the time so when Napoleon was defeated GB sent army over finally and defeated u guys to gulf of Mexico that's when u signed treaty

14. Wordwaster is correct, it was ratified months before but word hadn't reached the frontier yet.

15. Of course America won

16. MURICAAAAAAH

17. Hmm, my mistake then. But we still did indeed do work at New Orleans

18. Many believe British folk won and Americans lost but its a forgot war that if brought up to this day, there war still mixed feelings on a clear winner :)

19. Chris I thought that the army that attacked new Orleans just hadn't gotten word of treaty yet

20. (true story: americans believe that we have never lost a war.)