Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Feedback

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The new war system is lot more fun, and encourages some new strategies for teams to win. Here are some suggestions below after going through both rounds:

 The 4 hour war is a good time, and the Friday 6 pm war time was perfect for me.

 When war was counting down the duration said " 3 hours ..." I knew it was a four hour war but people started activating their 4 hour Mith early thinking it was a 3 hour war.

 We had a team mate who was KO by enemy and KO by himself within seconds apart. Sounds like there could be a timing related bug there.

 I prefer to not see when enemy KO himself via [update] in our cc (as was done in round one). I think by hiding that you encourage more communication in war.

 Keep the 15 min KO time (don't randomize it).

 I like that everyone is active from the start.

2. 15 minute just turns it into a time and clan farm. That's not fighting that's counting. And might as well just do repeat button if your going to keep the 15 minute bit. Random or regen as suggested is the only way to counter much higher numbers. That has nothing to do with tactics. If your out gunned in open warfare. Your dead. Simple as. No tactic can accommodate for 14-20 v 1 each 15 minute regen. Yes xtal but then numbers catch up again. Seen too many complain about the ko for it to not be a problem.

3. That's why there is this thing called strategy. If a player is getting sat on all you have to do is assemble a team of your own to hit the players trying to sit on them. Not too hard to do. This happened to one of our members. We just attacked the players attempting to sit and our member was able to regen.

Also, it is not counting, it is a strategy. War has a lot of strategy to it. It's just like in OSW when planning a strip. It's all in the timing. Sitting on players in SW and keeping them pinned is a strategy for winning a war. You just have to strategize against it if you are getting sat on.

4. Easier said than done when your not outnumbered by over 20 players. But if you can go 14- 1 like I was. And the whole clan taking heavy hits due to devs seriously mismatching us then awesome job. Sad part is we so nearly pulled off the win. Which I guess says a lot for the stratergy used with players that outnumbered.

5. Hits don't necessarily have to be successful. You just have to lower there troops/spies so they can't hit the player being sat on enough without self KOing.

6. 1. Awesome war.
    2. Do keep the 4h war duration option.
    3. Information on who/when is self knocked out might be available when scouting other kingdoms. It might make scouting more meaningful
    4. It doesn't make sense to have war tax if there's no distribution of plunder to winners
    5. Estoc Edge should benefit PvP fights. OSWs are the real wars and ppl should have more incentives to do them. Also, plunder on PvP should be higher. I.e. a higher risk should command a higher return. Haunting offers a risk free return, whereas PvP has at least a return hit risk, and should command a much higher return. Adjust these economics as well.

7. I know that. But when you are massively out numbered you cannot have a clan of 60 lower a clan of over 80 enough to get 1 player out of pin. I suppose I should be flattered that they put 14 minimum to sit on me every regen and testing to see if I was up.
    The point is this. These wars unlike osw and turtle wars are aimed at promoting fighting and fun warring. They are a short blast ( intention anyway) of fun. Not pinning someone for four hours straight due to complete clan size. All that will happen then will be regular winners of estoc based on clan size not skill or tactics.
    No matter what you say you cannot overcome the pure numbers game. Unless you revert to super turtle tactics or old dtw. Both of which options suck and super turtle against such numbers reduced loss but could not compensate especially with the lag.
    As such the wars will lose interest for many exactly the same way as the turtle wars..
    They need to be fun for everyone involved.
    The same strategies apply for ko whether the player regens instantly or in 15 minutes. The bigger clan will or should always win. Balanced clans strategy will win.
    My point is this. If you want the wars to last. If you want people to play them. Then two things must be achieved.
    1 they must be pure fun for all Involved.
    2 they must pay more than it costs to enter the war or what's the point of entering. Especially if hansel or pure spy.

8. I would like to see allowable crystal usage increased.
    I would also like to see the term "knocked out" replaced. It's rather sophomoric. Perhaps "Retreated or Forced to Retreat". Also IMO the current "knock out" losses aren't steep enough.

9. In our 2nd war, we had 88 v 98, it was tough as hell, but we won. Yes, there is a point when it's beyond tactics, but this was a beta, where only a handful of clans signed up, perhaps the devs didn't have anyone else to sign you up with. When the system is rolled out to more clans, should see better match-ups

10. Hi Devs. This was a great innovated update. Keep up the good work!
    I have only 2 comments/ suggestions:

1. Def needs a counter for when you get knocked out.
    2. Some sort of item drop in eb to let you regen out of KO. Dosent have to be a Xtal.

Ty and keep up the great work

11. I liked the new system war only thing I could see as a minor frustration ...last 15 mins of war are pretty pointless if your winning everyone can self KO and losing opponents can't do anything

Other than that the no complaints 

12. Just a little gramma, it say post a screen shot if impossible I assume it means possible. Haha just clarifying.

13. Grammar sorry!

14. I would like to see the # where they rank in clan on the war battle list instead of just a name

15. People that self KO should receive a higher penalty! Longer regen time, or smaller window of invincibility, penalty box, something to discourage self KOs

16. Really liked the 4 hr duration  tho with full autojoin, it will force people to leave clan and lose Estoc... this may already be suggested, but have a minimum of 50 (instead of all) at war start could counter these effects. Others can stay and join later or not at all.

All in all it was great fun, required lots of planning, strategy and activity. I hope there will more (beta) wars soon

17. The new system war is great, this the end of turtle war. By the way I have 3 suggestions to increase the fun. First the opponent must have number, when it's a family clan they all have the same beginning of name, the reactivity is slower to attack so please give number. Second: it's very hard for hitters to pin themselves, cause when you give one hit you've got all the clan on yourself, I think it will be the end of hitters... Maybe, 2 minutes of time before the update that you hit a guys, could be a solution. And to finish, please increase the reward, war would be more attractive!!!! Why not a little challenge every two weeks
    Thk for the attention, and sorry for my bad english/american.

18. First of all - GREAT job within the war system! Everyone I have spoken have loved it - a breath of fresh air after all the turtle war crap. To those who are moaning about losing estoc when you leave clan - its there to increase clan loyalty and I wholeheartedly support this.

A few mentioned putting rank numbers in the war rosta - this would be so useful! Especially as these wars are so fast paced.

Now for war tax - this annoys me in the old wars where it says it is distributed to the winning team... No it's not! Why penalise ppl for using the system you created for war? It should be used as a plunder reward at the end for the winners.

And for the major moan... If you are going to restrict access by clan rank please make sure you do an update in time for sign up and keep it fair. The last war the update was done an hour AFTER the war start (3 hrs late!)... In what world does this make sense??? So you had a clan at rank 17 fighting a clan at rank 117 and there were clans in the 160s

19. Damn cut my post off lol 

...clans in the 160s and 170s warring. Come on devs - this is basic stuff! If you are going to restrict/match on rank... At least make sure it's up to date and correct!

Its a really good system, everyones raving about it! Don't spoil it by being lazy and cutting corners.

20. Great war system. Was fun. Only change I would make is to the estoc edge. Lots of ppl war with other clans n to lose it when u leave seems harsh. What if u just lost a % of time on estoc if u leave the clan? Other than that, awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.