ASW Inactive List - Uncalled for

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Soy_Doll, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Win at Weezus. Everything I needed to say.

2. Now into perspective:
    Team 1 (Harbingers of Death) vs Team 5 (Harbingers of Retribution)
    Harbingers of Death: 6 inactives
    II__CSI-kokanathan__II
    Il_G_H_O_S_T_-_R_E_C_O_N_Il
    P-N-o-Y-ll__---WASALAK---__ll
    HiT__XxFrontxX__HiT
    IIIXIIIMASKEDIIAVENGERIIIXIII
    MindScrumP

Harbingers of Retribution: 0 inactive
    Retribution won.

Team 2 (Harbingers of Doom) vs Team 6 (Harbingers of Judgement)
    Harbingers of Doom: 1 inactive
    IIITHEIIIDARKIIIPHANTOMII

Harbingers of Judgement :6 inactives
    lIlRlIlElIVlIlElINlIlGlIElIl
    Sir_Alberto
    ----BILL----
    Os-General-Zod
    Resilient_Lyanna
    The_Man_who_lived
    Doom won.

Team 3 (Harbingers of War) vs Team 7 (Harbingers of Destruction)
    Harbingers of War :2 inactives
    qianlongk
    Angel

Harbingers of Destruction: 5 inactives
    Silent_Warrior
    hotgyrl
    IIIBarber
    Luk3_87
    Masexy
    War won.

Team 4 (Harbingers of Conquest) vs Team 8 (Harbingers of Apocalypse)
    Harbingers of Conquest: 5 inactives
    HeroicHealy
    iChewie
    Paul_Kelly
    Terrorpaul
    The-Way-of-The-Dragon

Harbingers of Apocalypse: 5 inactives
    AOTP-The_Daddy-AOTP
    The-Cardinal
    the_cardinal
    XxIcePrincessxX
    XxIceQueenxX

Probably the most balanced war, but special mention goes to bar code for being the biggest noob of the history of kaw and opening as an OSF to Apocalypse.
    Apocalypse won.

nope, OP not uncalled for, they did ruin the war.

3. Read the last set of names in Evils last post, clearly Alts and mains in the war.

4. And they were inactive. Fail.

5. So they break one rule by bringing their Alts in, then decide to go inactive, lol. Also how did those Alts with pretty much the exact same names get in in the first place?

6. Dunno. Kinda stupid. Now they are exposed for the whole world to see their cheating... :(

7. Ice queen isn't actually on the roster, only ice princess...

8. Same with the-cardinal, only the guy with the dash was on the roster.

9. I'm not even going to /rant about the scrubs who couldn't tell their ass from their elbow in war. The list kaw_admin posted is generous IMHO. There were an entire slew of people with 20-21 activities total war.

That being said, there were some with 2-300 activities who also spent the majority of the leaks in our own clan so plunder earned is not an accurate depiction of activity. They were the ones who kept the lead marginal and not completely out of whack.

When you are losing by that much for noobish reasons (someone bathing their brothers dog while watching reruns of days of our lives) you pop crystals and do bombing runs to try and close the plunder gap giving up further hits and steals. It's more involved than the community is giving it credit for.

10. Soy_Doll just really likes the sound of his/her keyboard when s/he taps on it....
    Takes care not to figure out the issue of admins not being able to kick (Been sleeping under huge rock, it's all over the forums)
    Passive-agressive attitude: "you're a bully and you are nasty... and silly..."
    Someone told him that you need to plug leaks in war... actually has no clue what that means.

11. 0_o____Frog____o_O
    Most of us are not complaining that we lost....
    We are just 'compensating' those whom we feel did not do enough in ASW.

Period.

You've been around as long as me, _Panic_ etc., I can bet you that most of us don't even care much about a shiny badge, which is mostly why all of the EB Rockstars showed up for this ASW anyways.

You are right about one thing though... this is war game and let me add that part of it is PvP interaction. Getting farmed for breaking a set of (even if unwritten) rules that are a well established convention - You do not sign up for war unless you are able to war, ASW is the most important war occasion for KaW, you respect your clan - seems to me to be an instance of that PvP interaction.

Not sure how this qualifies as whining.

12. Inactive list should have been printed. Named and shamed. There was plenty time to give your place up to somebody else. They shouldn't have the badge

13. Soy ur a fool if u think there shouldnt have been a list! Should they b farmed and pinned? YES YES YES! It's asw if u don't plan to b active for all 8 hrs of each war then don't sign up! I don't think simply naming them and stripping Thier rewards is enough! I think kaw should ban them from all future testing/ asw as well and they deserve anything Thier teammates, that they let down, throws at em! Why should anyone have to pin another person for 8 hrs so they get a free ride?

14. @Ashvar.

I think the biggest problem here is that we are warring outside of our clans dealing with players and admins we are not used to. If this was the summer wars clans would have to take responsibility for the members they let war with them. However since we were all sort of thrown together we tend to lash out at the devs and inactives when things don't go our way.
    Having said that, it amazes me people are surprised to see leakers. We're you really expecting nobody to leak ever? Let's get realistic.
    I personally been in many sw back in the days when we had to war for two days. However in those days we could get friends in outside clans to pin you somewhat so the damage wasn't so bad. However I think some people used to the short war system 3 8hr wars in 48 hours may have been a bit much, especially with at least one of them occurring overnight.

In short, I believe we shouldn't be freaking out so much because some people leaked or even because of barcode opening ( all is fair in love and war, I say). Too much crying or demanding blood seems a little noobish to me.

15. Frog,

fair enough... I expected leaks. There always are leaks. And I agree that there was some freak out. I still think that if we had a top 5,000 rather that a top 10K ASW there would have been less of an issue.

Partially the problem was with the fact that most experienced players assumed that the EB-raised ones had taken this way to lightly and this was going on in Summer War too. I personally spent 6 hs pinning an idiot noob who showed up did not self-pin, and 30minutes in said that it was too boring for him to find someone to hit. He wanted to see how he liked warring and - you know - he did not.
    Note that we explained everything before accepting him and he swore up and down he would be active. (guy was sharp as a spoon by the way could not understand the concept of why he should not wait for full regen in war)

I think we should have strip-farmed him for that but we did not (Clan decision). I know many other clans did the same with new players hoping to turn Kingdoms at EB back into Kingdoms at War.

It did not work, the badge-chaser came back for ASW, more numerous than ever.

At this point we need a way to make the next ASW more selective and that's why Khaymens, me and a bunch of other players posted in a thread in the Questions/Feedback section a few ideas on a new ranking system for wars

Warrior Ranking System

PLug PLug :mrgreen: :p

Excellent discussion there; check it out.

The second thing we need is to reaffirm the belief that the rules that were broken are important at least to certain players. That's why I feel that if a few EB Rockstars are forced to reset, get strip-farmed, embarassed, etc. that will ultimately help the game. There is definitely room for people who are not interested in PvP in KaW, just don't come around and screw with my ASW next time.

I appreciate your point however and I think I would like you beside me warring next year, I just don't want people like BCW_FeelThePain or the like.
    So we strip-farm a few pour encourager les autres.

16. The worst thing was people turning up for last hour of war, insuring they done just enough actions to get rewards even though war was lost by that time.

17. Sorry was on wifes phone

18. Name n shame list.great idea many ppl where gutted at not having the chance too join this great occasion.tyvm kaw_admin my spies love a good nubblet munch.

19. Fair Is fair!
    I was on the waiting list and was ready to war, but I couldn't because the starters all joined. I waited at the door for 4 hours before I finally decided that I wasent ganna wait any longer.
    Then to find out that players who joined , some didn't help to win. Makes me feel that some just joined to block out others who where available to be active.

20. This one is simple. If you signed up and then something came up that made you need to be inactive you invest 60 seconds and (a) tell your admin and (b) leave your clan. Simple.

I like the list as it shows accountability and will deter anyone from signing up and not participating. You don't get a job or join a sports team and then not show up...why is that?...it's because of accountability and knowing that you will be called out for letting your team/coworkers down.

We all need a bit more accountability in this world in my opinion!