Upcoming War System Changes - Revised

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Oh, another thing I forgot. In addition to only entire clans being able to sign up, I think that individual people should also be able to sign up for the weekly wars. They would either get placed in an already existing clan, or a new clan would be created, specifically for that war, and people who signed up individually would be put in it. This would be a great addition because sometimes members of a clan want to war, but not everybody in the clan does. This would help satisfy those members. There doesn't have to be an Estoc's Edge bonus, just the mithril, any items/money that may be associated with winning the war, and any other non-clan bonuses.

2. Thank god I OSW, these new changes are gonna suck left ass cheek, good luck guys 

3. I volunteer for beta on this! As for any comments on the changes, let me run through a war or two and I'll give my feedback then. 

4. CLF approved 

5. I will beta test this

6. Devs said the wars will not just be weekends why are so many worried about the weekend wars.
    Also clans don't have to war every week. Alternate if you want. But why shouldnt clans be able to choose for themselves which weekend suits them. Why limited to a set week once a fortnight to suit a few clans.
    And one war should equal one week of bonus. You get out what you put in.

Wars require far more effort than ebs so of course the rewards should be higher than an eb.

DTW is easy to solve. The stronger and more active a player is, the higher the plunder should be hit someone at 25% should be much lower plunder. Repeat pinning should zero plunder gained forcing players to go for stronger active opponents.

And why do people fear joining wars at staggered points. Their is a join war button you join when you are active.

Ally stripping should be blocked from outside of war. You war with zero gold if you earn enough per chance to strip an enemy in war. Great Job well done. How did you keep the gold without having it stolen lol.

As for wrong builds due to the change in war engine if it really becomes an issue devs could offer an exchange as previously mentioned. Not refund of gold. That way same level is maintained by players.

7. Two issues:

1) once a player is below the pin threshold (50%, 25% whatever) they will be in a tough spot to regen, since the opposing clan will land on them when they come out, especially with heavily limited crystals.
    2) LB players are huge (yes, shocking, I know) ... and a clan with several is near impossible to get winning plunder off of unless you can fight from pin, which seems to be targeted for elimination by new war system.

A possible partial solution that supports elimination of fight from pin: enable players to aggregate an attack or spy action in a single assault, i.e. player one and player two (or one, two, three, etc.) combine in a single action against target A. Win or lose they split the results along their proportional share of the combined stats (their cumulative base stats plus bfa all together). Yes, it would expend multiple players to assault a single player, leaving them more vulnerable to the remaining members of the opposing clan, but it would at least make it possible to attack a giant or to fight with a fraction of full strength. It would also reward organization and teamwork. It might also encourage clans to involve more players in their wars -- additional players would be added strength, not just added potential liabilty y leaking.

8. hooray!

Now maybe my clan will do more wars!

9. If a player is pinned he must relay in cc that he is being hit so the clan can hit those pinning him. If plunder reduces the weaker the player is then you will want to hit troops who are full and active. Communication will be key a and will have to roam war roster. If all actions earn plunder based on strength not gold out then this encourages all players to fight the stronger player rather than a weak player
    I wouldnt waste my troops on a weak poorly paying target that would fail attacks on me as he hasn't regened enough to win an attack with weak troops

10. Fighting from pin is boing and not a real tactic anyone uses. If you blitz your opponent Down and IF your clan keep hem down. Good for them it war. They got the jump and win on activity. That's how wars should be won not by banking gold and killing your own troops. Hell my co ever suggested that I would of shot him as a traitor crazy tactic. Time for new ones. End of war plunder reward same as ebs you should be paid for reward

If you want to turtle. Osw time and enjoy them.
    However osw war could be linked as system surrender osw. Only rule Sign up clans involed Surrender button available. Winning osw gets same bonus as recognition for war.
    No other changes to osw.
    Everything else kept as it is.

Battle royal quarterly clan wars teams sign up. Random opponent. 4-6 clans involved all open to attacks from all involved in war no others outside again. Each clan has surrender button. Fight till all clans bar one has surrendered all clans keep plunder earnt on actions that they banked. But end of war bonus from all clans go to the last clan standing.

11. @Kaw
    If u made this change for spies builds...think it time to look and update plunder for spies builds,i mean attacker make more plunder and have more avantages then a hansell,why do i steal with 20 mil plunder and ant attacker made 45,think it unffair and you need to make an adjustement,ty

Sorry if i did grammar mistakes

12. Ally roster should be locked during war also. Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but yeah. Mahalo!

13. Ive got some ideas more stats details on rosters w/l steals/stold from etc but also - say top plunder has a 2b in plunder from going 45wins to 5losses. i belive there should be a - for people getting ass handed to them say other clan has someone at 5wins 40losses is at -2b in the current war not only is this bragging rights but u can actually see whos leaking /active etc and be able to adjust ur strategy asap think this would help with people worried about there allies if u see a playet on ur side down 10b u know hes a target and u see someone up 10b on other side u know who to attack to try and counterbalance it.hope understood that. also with the dtw thing i think when u pinn someone they lose %of there plunder per attack for remainder of war for example (majesty is pinned) he thus loses 2%plunder per attack/steal after that pinned again loses another 2%plunder total of 4%plunder for remainder of war this would make for intresting strategies people would try to pinn active players to make them not hit so hard thus making for more fun active vs active not the active looking for the sleeping lol and rewards need tweaking how bout some special def pots only won in war since u have att eb pots ? thats all i got for now let me know what u think

14.  im trying to say a plus minus system in real time ..

Vontez 45w 5l plus 2b Majesty 5w45l minus 4b for example

15. Vontez I like that idea of real time updates per individual , no pressure lol on those coming out bad , but devs should add this in for sure

16. I like the one crystal usage because not everyone has lots of crystals they want to burn and if any clan is willing to let me in wall me I wouldn't mind participating in these wars

17. Keep the option for lock and in lock, don't stop merc wars, this will make for awesome merc wars  and add the option for full roster in at start, or join when ready. 

18. Merc war option ?? Why would you let mercs in to war when they leave that's a % of your roster change allowance gone. Would hurt established loyal clan members.
    As for leaks and live reports ie like on eb battle who's hitting etc.
    Devs already said no. The idea is a clan talks and co-ordinate attacks amongst themselves. Not watch a list.
    If a clan mate isn't talking in cc for more than 30 seconds assume he is a leak.
    As to what you can do other than lock your roster with people who will be active in war.
    Plunder higher for hitting active players is the only choice I can see not to just repeat pin same leak or weak player

19. We needed some time to work through this and make sure it is fair and do-able. Stay tuned for an update regarding this, we may just do it this way :)

20. 1) In the post, it was stated that we would have wars outside of the weekend, which would hopefully address your concern. The exact length of the bonus may be adjusted, but 1 week is going to be our initial value.

2) That's the current intent, to have this only these events.