Upcoming War Changes

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great stuff,
    been a international game with many time zone it is hard for some to be involve from the start, for me the summer wars started 12.30am. Please consider a spell that allows a player to sleep for a period ( 6 hrs) at a cost (mirth) with out been hit. EG in my case i can start the war, be involved for a few hrs cast a spell and come back in mid morning and continue. Or during the WAR you have to take the dog to the vet, or hold hands with your love one you can cast a sleep spell with out fear of been farmed.

what you think ?

2. What do I think? I think that it can easily be abused, the mith dealers of KaW who have 1,000 of mith will run that the whole war

3. Although, if you can't hit while you have that spell running might make it a better idea

4. Im glad your finally doing something to make wars more fun but also think you should update pvp I.e random item drops,crystals etc for hitting other kingdoms outside of wars.Obviously you would need to work out a way this couldn't be exploited but something along those lines.

5. I just want this to be clarified. Will you lose some of your plunder if you are the one to put your own troops at 0%? or will it be opponent-strike only?

6. THIS IDEA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

7. If only devs would make build complete reachable , more players might get to war rather than grow in eBs until bored of this game... Growing shouldn't take a year or more

8. Had to post....

Funk this noise Devs!!!

The last and only true original part of the game, and now you have to change that so players have to buy more health crystals...Very greedy indeed. Why have I wasted 2 years of my life then have you change every stinking aspect of the game I started. Very very very disappointed with the turn of events leading to the demise of dedicated players in this game. What happened to the devs that played the game as player-developers, as sure they cannot anymore w/out spending their easily swindled cash from the noob suckers. If these changes take place I am done and gone, but who cares, but a lawsuit.

9. Excellent news! I haven't felt encouraged to war for over a year and by playing off the popularity of ebs I think wars will be back! ^o^

I must say that I fear the penalty for being pinned will hamper the popularity of the re-vamped war system as coordinated pinning of large/active mems of the opposition is common which would significantly reduce rewards on both sides :-[

Other than that - great job ATA at attempting to revive system wars and simultaneously encouraging clan loyalty with the bonuses.

P.S. For those concerned about mis-matched wars (oh no T5 the sky is falling!) might I suggest a tier-based clan ranking moderated by stat requirements (both upper and lower, plus an unranked version for bigger players to continue assisting smaller ones in ebs and whatnot).This ranking would also help cut down match-up time for weekly wars -> I'm looking out for you devs ^_^

You're welcome for my two cents ^_^
    ^o^ SingleMalt ^o^

10. I really like the upcoming changes especially the one about pinning rewards however I do have a few concerns and questions. For the ectos [probably Incorrectly spelled] edge, this can only be earned In a tournament and not just any ordinary one.

Another cool thing would be to take the current war plunder system and the past system so that if a clan FF's without earning X amount no plunder is given or that if an FF takes place no plunder is given. Mith could be dished out but only if you earn it like it currently is.

An item drop for wars is also something I'd like to see, or perhaps the ability to steal/un-enchant enemies items, both costing a certain amount of aqua and inferno to do so. That's about it for now but overall I really like the idea.

-HF

11. I've been unable to participate in wars due to my work schedule. I can fit a couple hours in but that's it. Can an alternative be made for folks like me? Thanks!

12. Pushing your enemy to "0" troops will be like a KO in other action games ! Super Idea Devs ...This will bring strategies into play . Most war games around are built over Attack & Defense . Pin Fights were boring & abused the tournament wars as badly as pwars had ! Now Defense Strategies would revolve around Static Defenses i.e Towers ... incase Scout Bombing is also considered a KO then Attack Builds would need plenty of towers 5- 8 , a mix of both variety . This would obviously include lower EB payouts which can be compensated by % increase . So Devs you are hitting the sweet spot . Obviously .
    Just make sure all you T5 converters u keep 5 -8 lands free for Towers unless your in LB top 50 :) & are Too Strong to get incomings ....
    Onus ll also be on how quickly clan members report incomings , cause other fellow members can attack your farmers & prevent you from going to 0 troops.
    devs - Pushing an attack build to 0 should carry a greater reward than assasinating him. & assasinating should carry a greater award than Stealing or Scout Bombing .
    Let the games Begin .
    Cheers

13. Heres a novel thought. Get rid of the ebs? Somewhere in the fine print when I signed up to play this game, I vaguely remember that this was a war game lol 

14. Bout time to devs game was goin stagnant now we can go back to old school wars hahaha

15. A big issue I have with this is that the devs really tried to encourage people to build t5. With the proposed change to war system I would most likely want to change my build. With 1.7 trillion already spent on t5 it would be really quite unfair to suffer the normal loss when you drop buildings. The timing of the changes is very poor. Devs please allow people to get 100% refund on t5 for a period until maybe 3-4 weeks after start of new war system.

I like the idea of changing the war system but I think it would actually be good to offer both types of war for at least a period. Lower rewards for "old style" wars to encourage people to switch to new system wars.

The clan bonuses idea sounds good but expiry after a week is not so much. Devs please remember how huge a time commitment wars are. It is too much to expect clans to war EVERY week. Especially if changes to members in clan are so tightly restricted.

The ability to visit other clans is a good thing and to have the ability for people to pick and choose which weeks they war.

I think that the war rewards should be really really good to encourage people to war but do recognise that people have holidays, work, family and other commitments that mean its tough for the same roster to war week in week out.

I like the fact though that you are trying to encourage wars. Kingdoms at War! Not Kingdoms at Epic Battles! Love the push towards more wars.

16. Thanks for the continuous feedback. We just finished going through all of the posts since last night. We will be posting an update and clarify some of the rules in an upcoming post later today. Stay tuned!

17. Think long think wrong!!!!

18. This is probably too late but I think the estoc clan bonus may be more effective if applied to the individual clan member than the entire clan. Mercing is a valid growth mechanic for individuals and clans. With far more networking potential than clan parking. Lastly, non war engaged members that effect the players in war should also sign up for this position. This can serve as the opportunity for weaker kingdoms to participate in a supportive role while under anonymity protection.

19. Rewards for every player in the winning team after the war like gold.
    Coz many hate wars coz they lose lot of golds and nothing came back.
    I can also suggest that can you do a tally the number of wins and losses.
    THEN remove the forfeit button on war. Then change it to surrender

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.