Upcoming War Changes

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We've seen this posted several times now. We just want to clarify that you cannot be attacked while regenerating to 50%.

2. How are we allowed to get people 0 if we can not hit them past 50%?

3. We should get seperate equipment for wars only love everything else.hope this update is soon

4. As I mention in my post, the devs are watching this thread closely  so all suggestions ad feedback will be thought about for the war change, so guys don't complain about it just give you're ideas to the devs and they can do the rest 

5. @whitenite
    I'm assuming when you get a player down to zero they will then be "downed" and until they reach 50% they can't be attacked. You can down them again after their down time is up.

6. As kaw_admin has mention! The regen time of the 50% you can't be attack? Well that's good right? Cause you can keep fighting under the 50% mark to other players! Well guys keep posting you're thoughts as they may be used in this update!

Remember they are watching 

7. If they are above 50 u can hit them to zero-once they hit zero it triggers dtw until they hit 50%. Then u can hit them to zero again. Get it?

8. I'm not that big of a fan of being targeted and your troops/spies being brought down to 0. It makes pots and items mean the world yet makes the pots that actually protect you worthless. I say this because if you're being attacked and/or spied your pots are obviously going to protect you. Yet the people that can burn through those pots will do so and then when your easily able to be farmed all of your gold will be 0.

9. A smart player would bank their money in attack pots. Nobody can take those away.

10. But then how would you defend yourself with no defense pots?

11. You can still attack. The best defense is a good offense.

12. I like the idea of Estoc's Edge. That having been said, I think the bonus should be permanent for so long as Clan membership does not change. This would motivate a Clan to field a group willing to fight until five Weekly War Events are won and they have accumulated the maximum bonus, and stick together long after that. Also, losing a War would not set such a team back then and the incentive is there to build right back up together for the next week's war, instead of having Members leave for a "better" Clan. This would more quickly build Tournament-ready Clans in my opinion too.

Quest locking sounds good too, but as others have already said, it's rather pointless without also closing off hitting outside Kingdoms. Couple that with not being able to Attack or be Attacked until you reach 50% Troop strength and I cannot help but think that we will still all just be fighting from a new pin. Terribly boring. The only way I see this working is to prevent outside interference altogether (but allow Ally trading for obvious reasons) and have both Clans' Members all enter the War Active as done previously with Tournament play. This mechanic would favour the more-Active, more-aggressive Clan and make for a much more exciting and strategic contest.

Remember Devs, when we want our friends to pile on the bad guy here we have an OSW. A System War should be treated as a Cage Match, may the best Clan win. Many, many more Clans will participate week after week if the thought of being shelled by outside hits is off the table.

On that note something should be done to award losing sides. These guys and gals lost tons of gold and walk away with squat. I definitely think they should get to keep the Estoc's Edge at the current level should they stick together, but on top of that how about a few concilation Crystals to help rebuild, maybe a Mithril or two? I realize there's no point to it but a nice thanks-for-playing gesture goes a long way.

Cheers!

13. Yes finally hansels can help!

14. It seems like the devs are quite determined to implement the 0-50% system despite this being an ersatz solution to a relatively simple problem.

With my 3 steps (no quests, no outside hitting, no hitting clannies) you will virtually eliminate dtw.

If your only possible target is an opposing war clan member, someone will pop open after 3 regen cycles - even if that someone is YOU!!

This simple solution keeps intact the fundamental kaw mechanics. If the devs are wanting to change mechanics it should be throughout the whole game but I think that would be way too traumatic for kaw as a whole.

15. I see where the devs are going with this... Just a few more tweaks and some dev magic and it'll be perfect

16. I am very interested in helping test this new system...

17. How about morerewards being that war is so expensive, just a thought

18. Maybe reduce the war tax. Big gold hits are more fun and exciting than barely making enough to cover attack pots used.

19. Also mithril payout is a joke. It's supposed to be a reward but return is less than what you use during the war

20. I agree with every point Gamehendge had to say!! With a little work this could be awesome! Beta testing sounds good to me sign me up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.