Upcoming War Changes

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Except for dev sponsored war I think outside hits should be allowed. These are all coordinated strategies that take time and effort. Something dev's are trying to promote. It's war not playground fight club.

Just like strips and turtling. All bails strategies in war that should be allowed. The more restrictions an complications the worse the experience and the less you see of wars.

I have been in more real wars during the "dreaded" pwar era than the EB era.

2. I would like to see random people in wars, like sign ups all week long, and the weekend users who signed up are randomly placed into 2 clans evenly, then they war over the weekend. It will keep it fair, and while it's impossible to totally get rid of spying members it will cut it down. Rewards could be double mith/plunder, stals, or items since clan bonuses would be useless.

3. Lots of potential for abuse here and lots of reasons not to spend 2-3 weeks building and growing to lose it all in a 24 hr battles. If kaw wants to promote war - make the risk equal the reward but i digress...

1. No way to pin and bank if a 600 bil ally sells during the war. Many people wont risk it.
    2. I could have someone unload on my war acct once every 30 min instead of every 10 to keep me pinned when i'm not able to be active. Good or bad depending on your view.
    3. If i use all my troops to attack the enemy and make the most plunder i can why am I then punished with not being able to hit for another 30 min and lose the plunder I gained?
    4. Small accts can keep bigger ones continually unable to hit with failed attacks and thus dtw for a whole war much easier. So why should a bigger account bother to war?
    5. Lots of downtime - we already spend a large amount of time doing nothing in war. Now we have thirty min of nothing if we unload troops on enemy?

I just hope kaw thinks carefully about the effects that the changes will have and how they will affect ALL players.

4. @devs, please do think about ur pockets while ur making new changes for us to enjoy.

5. VERY COOL!!!

6. I think a feature that Would. Let the whole clan see which members. Are getting hit and by whom would be useful.

7. Kaw RULES!!!

8. Chriss, just look at their battle loss count... And IMO, I don't think "who" matters that much...

9. Im not sure if anyones said something like this- but by taking quests shouldnt u think about taking away inside hits to fellow team too?
    What about the dummy soldiers we used in summer war? Those were necessary to make req., but they are still good places to dump troops, even if they were on enemys side.

10. I like these changes. One recommendation that I would have is to alter/rotate the duration of weekend wars. Maybe 1 weekend war could be 24 hours. The next 12 hours or 18 hours. I know of many people who would like to war but cannot because they are unable to be active for the entire 24 hours. Many players either have work or family obligations that otherwise prevent them from participating in a 24 hours war. If you are only able to be active during 12 hours of a 24 hour war it is too costly to the individual and the clan for that person to participate in the war and therefore they either don't participate or are kicked by the clan during the war.

11. I think this new structure really opens the door to shorter duration wars-which are desperately needed. These wars will be exponentially more active-more hits-higher plunder-less dtw, etc. making a 4-6 hour war a good duration to determine the best clan. The length of the wars deter an awful lot of people from participating. I would STRONGLY suggest offering shorter wars after these changes are implemented.

12. @hatfield, when I first joined kaw there were only 48 hour wars. Some pwars.

13. So the 12 hour war is a dream.

14. I like all the ideas , although t5 will slow wars for a few months.
    Rewarding players for pinning their foe is my favorite 

15. WHAT THE FUUCK ARE YOU CHANGING WAR STYLE WHEN YOU DID NOT CHECK YOUR FUUCKING TOO ACTIVE BAN RULES? PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH EFFORT AND TIME AND REAL CASH TO FEED YOU BRAINLESS DEVS AND WHEN THEY TOO ACTIVE YOU BAN THEM !!! EXTREMELY ACTIVE PLAYER WAS NEEDED DURING WAR, SO ARE YOU GOING TO BAN THEM ALL? YOU DEVS DONT EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK THOROUGLY AND INVESTIGATE, WITH YOU NOOB BRAIN SUSPECT BAN LIKE NOBODY BUISNESS. PLEASE INVESTIGATE FIRMLY BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO CONCLUSION. DO NOT CHEAT PEOPLE HARD EARN MONEY !!!!!!!

16. You mad bra?

17. Can't be bothered reading the whole thread, so sry in advance if its already covered. But these r my first impressions:

1) The 0% thing won't work unless whole clan is active at start, else it will boil down to a quick slug fest at the start, and whoever gets more players into war initially will have the opponents on the back foot with little chance to recover. With everyone starting active, the opposition have no clear target to crush, but rely on cc feedback and leadership to tactically select the targets. (I know this method has its own drawbacks. ie leaks. )

2) give those who honour the founding nature of this game (war) the recognition they deserve and a chance for equipment stronger than eb equipment.

3) I personally enjoy eb mercing, and helping friends not in my clan. So losing war bonus for drops and plunder is a negative for me, but i see the benefit. Is there another way to achieve this like official clan alliances or a caveat where by the bonus is only lost at the signup of the next war with 20% clan change?

4) when an opponent is crushed to 0% and given chance to recover to 50% to continue in war, why not randomly make 1 build ineffective for the remainder of the war. This would make the war more dynamic, and force tactic changes.

5) A system i have seen in other war type games, is the ability of clan members to reenforce besieged clannies by augmenting some of their own strength to them. Again shifting the power distribution in the clan, and making for a more tactical war. The management of the clans defence through this sort of system would bring players cooperation closer together.

Well thats all i got for now, and i appreciate not all will like these suggestions. But thats all they r.

Ps. Good to see the dev's actively requesting specific feedback. 

18. NIIB RED CAP RAGE GRWAR FEEL MY BURN
    It itches..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.