crystals should be given every 2 weeks!!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by *dragonmaster65 (01), Aug 16, 2012.

1. The not TE…stupid auto correct

2. Lol.
    Would be nice if devs did implement a small amount of free xtals a month.

3. So you want to give over 200 thousand crystals to HLBC players?

4. I have an idea maybe instead of crystals every 2 weeks, we should keep the op pinned for the next 2 weeks

5. Or do it yourself cheese.

6. Stupid idea, but I wouldn't mind some extra crystals :)

7. No. No. HELL NO. I just hard earned crystals from activeness and quests!

8. I mean how about you get crystals based on one every 10 lands you have or somthing every 2 weeks or every month

10. Where'd you pull that from, Omni?

11. I have a whole list of his sayings/musings regarding idiots and dealing with them, but that's off topic :)

12. 50k wow I'd get like 30 every 2 weeks wow but maybe everyone gets 1 every month or something like that

13. 2xtals for evry 30 days you played kaw

14. LONG POST ALERT!~ I'm bored so this is just stream of consciousness.

No. Did you really think about this before you said it? From one point of view, you're essentially asking the devs to pay us to keep playing the game which isn't that absurd. This would be understandable if each of us (individually or collectively) earned the dev's more than they were paying us in return.

For the exercise, lets actually seriously consider your 2 xtals/2weeks for every 50k for a moment. I have two points.
    1. As many others have pointed out, 10m cs equates to 10,000,000/50,000 = 200xtals/2weeks. Lets say it costs $100 for 200 xtals (I believe it's actually $100 for 168 xtals so this will be an underestimate in cost per xtal). Do you think these 10m cs players are worth more than $200 a month to the devs (thats $2400 a year per player with 10m cs)? Would you still say that after you take away a huge source as to why they could be worth more than $200 a month (xtal purchases)? Please, it would blow my mind if this were actually true.

On a side note:
    I'm actually somewhat in favor of Delphin's suggestion and it kind of makes sense to me because it sounds like the devs would be investing in smaller players in the hopes that they'll be worth more when they're bigger. The weird part is that you would have to add a cap for how much you can actually get from this weekly xtal income, but I can't imagine that cap being very high either because otherwise it could turn into a big investment that's just abused by current players using alts. Other potential sources of abuse would also have to be accounted for. In general, I feel like features of this nature are difficult to lock down which is why I'm hesitant even for Delphin's suggestion. Things get ugly fast, or at least in the way I've framed the problem.

2. I believe you're limited to 24 xtals per 24 hrs. 24xtals/24hrs * 14days = 336 xtals => 336 * 50,000 = 16,800,000 cs. Given that the 24xtals/24hrs limitation doesn't change, you just set an upper bound on the highest stats anyone can be allowed to get (and we're already over halfway to this limit), because otherwise they'll achieve a never ending surplus of xtals. In fact, any stat-based reward that isn't bounded will result in this same side-effect. Would you want your game to have a bound on how strong an account can get simply because of something that supposedly "makes people happier"? I'll concede that this isn't much of a point though, because there are simple ways around this. Nevertheless, food for thought.

First off, is this from your sample size of 1? Secondly, I actually disagree that this would make people a lot happier, though arguably could be true for some people that don't pay. If I imagine that I paid real money to get xtals, I would not be happy about this change. Given that the people who pay are more valuable as players, their sentiments are more important for the devs. Have you paid for xtals regularly? Are you saying that as an avid (enthusiastic) purchaser of xtals, you would invite this change? If so, I apologize, I will speak no further on this point.

Maybe you haven't yet had a chance to learn what a democrat is, but I advise you to start paying attention in school. You don't have to take the advice since your values could be different from mine. I'm still very stupid, but I would like to believe that I can avoid making suggestions like this.

~A change like this feels like it would have ridiculous consequences on how the game will be played. I'm not smart enough to predict possible outcomes, but others can use their imaginations.

15. You do realise that since T5's released, you can be over 10m cs. 100 xtal's a week/200 per 2 week's would be overkill.

Only logical xtal reward based on stat's would be a free xtal for every 1m cs you gain. example:
    You upgrade to 5m cs, you recieve a free xtal. Downgrading and reupgrading will not give a free xtal.