- W A R - T O U R N A M E N T - F E E D B A C K -

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Jun 19, 2012.

1. We should get testing badges.

2. I love the auto join. Think it should be kept. I suggest Roster perm locked 6 hours before start and then balanced. No going inactive. You can only leave and not rejoin.

I suggest replacing the EB potions used in war for winning team. It takes forever to earn them. Love the double mith payout. would like to see Gold tax go to winning team too

WOULD LOVE TO SEE: by third round winners get to choose a missing perm item awarded 

Also please add accomplishment tags

REALLY LIKE: the idea of limiting hiring of allies from outside the clan. That makes this more fun and more about system warring and less about OSW.

Would love to see this as a perm offer in KAW to signup for weekend war and be auto matched. Sure helps clans with organization

3. With the 75 minimum some of the top 200 clans don't even have 75 members

The auto join is kinda horrible bc what if someone is on vacation and not playing? They are easily made targets for leaks but if we kick them we go below the minimum limit

For the stripping problem I would say if an ally is hired away the player becomes dtw for 20-30 mins bc by doing the block on hiring allies it will slow down the ally market

4. I didn't war n not sure i will in summer wars but my clan did so looking at this as an impartial observer i guess. Most important thing is for all the rules to be clear, accurate and work as the main problems/issues in the first war were around the lack of clarity n understanding of the rules.

No need for big or major rewards in my view -should war for fun n pride of clan so few miths or the odd item drop would be be more than fine.

Autojoin is ok if known. 75 sounds steep but again if known people will just live with it.

Leave ally buying as it is although dev resets during war should be avoided.

If its 24 hour every Saturday then many will not join. I would suggest shorter wars, especially if auto join for all - 12 seems a compromise if start times change each week to help different tz.

5. I didn't take part but please put rank in for roster, whether it be clan rank or rank on the roster but do something it's so frustrating.

6. Personally, I like the idea of allowing outside hits and stripping from the outside as well.

PLAYERS SHOULD NOT BE IMMUNE BECAUSE THEY ARE IN A WAR.

War is, by it's very nature, unpredictable. The possibility of outside hitting and stripping does 2 things.

1. It makes the war interesting.

2. It allows people who are not directly participating in the war to still have a hand in the outcome. This would allow the entire community to participate , if they do chose to.

7. I think details will have to depend on the scenario. Personally I would like to see a 12 hour war that had random start times (to be fair to all timezones). Keep the 200 top clan req and a 50 member min req. No Auto-Start but make it FF if at least 25 members dont select join before it starts. Maybe at halfway point if a total of 50 members aren't active then war is FF. Also locking doors the moment the matchup is made would work best. It's sad to say this, but leave making members involved dtw to outside attacks and I like the idea of allies not able to be hired. Outside interference wouldn't make for a good war. Decrease war tax, maybe a new custom equipment for winners etc.

8. Hits from outside would ruin it in my opinion cause it would turn it into a 100% turtle war.

I wish I had taken part especially now that I know that it was auto-join.

These two factors result in a war that you actually fight not just scroll down roster looking for a hit.

9. No Newbs in the Summer Wars

There were 98 clans that participated in the test war (including the clans that FF before the start of the war due to having >50 members). That is roughly 50% of the eligible participants.

Also, I don't support the idea of allowing smaller clans to war. Wars are meant to cause destruction and damage. You do not profit from warring. As long as smaller players fight in wars they will stagnate, or worse reverse, their growth. At that rate, they won't be HLBC until T6s come out.

It isn't that hard to grow but it takes time to do so. Any newbs have to wait and pay their dues. Once they have a couple T4s down on their kingdom then they can apply to a LB clan.

10. I liked it .

11. 24 hrs is too long for people when played tourney style every weekend... change the times to suit each time zone throughout the tourney

12. As far as outside stripping and hitting goes I say no because then you aren't fighting the "paired" clan

13. Stripping should not be allowed during wars accept for members of those clans who are against each other and 18 hrs war is suitable rather than 24 hrs ..,.....

14. Can i maybe request that we stop the comparisons between KaW war and real war? Who really cares what KaW war is set up like? Just roll with it.

Most of us have no idea what war 'is really like' and never will. I find it disrespectful to say anything along the lines of , "lets make this more like a real war."

If kaw mechanics are affecting your emotions or you bank account, you may want to consider getting your life in check. It is a game.

Good thread but the comparisons are getting out of hand.

15. Interesting reading....
    One aspect, if this is a tournament, outside interference should be kept to a minimum. As far as I know, the audience was neither allowed to shoot. At the gladiators nor buy their weapons from them while in use. I can see the "keen" interest by some in allowing this but feel overall it would be destructive.

For clan size, good luck getting a good consistent 75 . Set a realistic minimum to join, and a lower one for forfeit. Have alternate clans available if a clan forfeits at start.

Look at 12 hour regional wars with the finals as 24 hours. Personally if I did a 24 hour war every Saturday for 8 weeks I would be dealing with one seriously irritated spouse.

This has potential. Big question I see is what the devs are willing to put into it based on player feedback.

16. To people that say allies shouldn't be able to bought off active participants.

Let's say that 100 of the top 200 clans participate with 75 members each. That's 7500 plays and most likely ranked in the top 10,000. Many of those players will probably have a good ally base and are active in the market. Say each player has 20 good allies, that's 150,000 good allies not able to be purchased off the market.

A market cut like that could really hinder any player not in the war trying to buy a descent ally. It's a war so just realize you aren't completely safe and be more active/cautious

17. Auto join: I did not like this feature..... when I woke up in the morning, I had already lost the majority of my gold:(

18. Rolling start times/war shifts would allow participation from all time zones and a healthy kaw/real life balance.

How about a mith "spell" that would "freeze" players three or four hours allowing no incoming or outgoing hits?

Also maybe a double elimination style tourney?

My home clan did not participate because though we rank in the top 200, we have under fifty members. We instead fought in and for another clan.

Would/will clan hopping be allowed in the official tournament, or would players be required to fight in and for the same clan?

And what about the mighty, but small, clans, who rank in the top 200, but are too few in clan member numbers to have fifty (forget about 75) active participants?

19. I think the times should be longer so that it can be a real war instead of a war where one clan is asleep for half the war

20. 1. I liked the auto join but it did timezone screw people. 75 is a little much maybe 50 active at start and for entire war or auto ff.
    2. Like the no outside hit as it helps prevent a boring turtle war by keeping allied/sub clans from pinning people while they sleep. Forces people to protect themselves and clans protect their own.
    3. Like the idea of locking allies except to opposing clans as tournament goes funds will run low It prevents allied/sub clans stripping to sway the war. If you can't win on your own then your not the best clan in tournament.
    4. 24 hrs is perfectly fine for duration it allows all timezones to participate.
    5.Payout should be double mith plus plunder for earlier rounds. As fighting week after week doesn't leave a lot of time to replenish pots lost. In later rounds mith plunder and special items for all active in clan and maybe clan achievement that adds to clan stats.
    5. Roster lock 2 hrs prior to war and parings at 1 hr. That gives everyone a set time to have their people in and 1 hr to war plan then game on and have fun.