- W A R - T O U R N A M E N T - F E E D B A C K -

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I liked the whole thing and how it actually got people locking horns again, I'm just wondering, is this an overall tournament with eliminations or something? I mean there's gotta be something more than just double mithril payout (or I'd at least willingly sacrifice it in exchange for some unique prizes, such as nobs?) I was thinking if these tournaments ever do develop some sort of elimination system. Perhaps whatever clan comes out top in their 20 (I.e range of clan rank 100-120) should win special prizes like nobs and such? Or perhaps a whack of inferno and aqua :)

2. Hi Wulf,

Participated in the trial round... I think Topics #1-#4 are kind of moot. Other players may have issues, but I don't. No matter what the rules are, someone will complain about them. I think if you leave them alone, people will work within the system (or game it, that's inevitable). If you change them, you'll just have another half of KaW that doesn't like the "fix".

In terms of rewards (Topic #5), I think there should be unique rewards for (a) participating actively (win or lose) and also (b) for winning. Maybe all participants get an achievement bonus of some sort for showing up, but the winners get something special on top of mith. Aqua perhaps.

In terms of glitches, interface issues (Topic #6), Yes, obviously fix that. It's irritating, even if it's tolerated.

My $.02

3. Ok it should've have 200 members

4. Sorry if this question is irrelevant, but all clans have a cap of 100 players for war. Can iG and Foxes use their 120 slots?

5. Whatever is decided as the correct format and rules all I ask is that they are concise and communicated in good time to all before any summer wars go live. Then if you are unfortunate to lose guess where the blame sits๎€‘

6. I like your suggestions wulf, regards shortening war duration to 12 or even 6 hours. This way more people with busy real life can participate in tournaments. 24 hours, sleeping 4 hours to be meat shield is torturous. 8 weeks rounds before finals I guess it's really no life tap tap. I did posted on kaw admin's summer war thread, suggesting to 12 hours wars starting off in different timezone alternatively on every weekend.

And clearly the roster isn't well balanced like zaft destiny and commandments, roster gotta to be fully locked like 6 hours before war and matched, no entry after locking, similar to your idea.

And yes to no auto join, system wars are fun to play with strategy like a chess game, auto join makes it a dogs fighting dogs war, perhaps waking dogs biting sleeping dogs? Waking dogs went to sleep, sleeping dogs wake up to war? Well, some wars forfeited early because many were sleeping and leaking badly, 24 hours covering all timezones may not work all the time.

7. I really enjoyed the test run. Saw that parings were sometimes quite close, other times not. Was surprised by the number of players that were leaving and joining the clan near the start of the war. Would suggest that 75 might be a high limit on player numbers. Some of the proposed changes to the lock system would help this. I enjoyed the double mith. Drops of items would be a nice treat. I'm making sure I get gold to replace pots and mith fast enough for weekly wars, should not be a problem but was nice when we got some gold rewards from winning system wars. Had two allies go about right at the start of the war. I cast a spell just to see if it that would slow purchases of my allies. Had one ally simple time out.... Might also give out aqua and inferno. An Achievement badge for the Wars would be good, maybe even a Beta Test one for last weekend! Biggest fix needed is the PC active in war fix. Again really enjoyed the test run! ๎—๎€Ž

8. I think the auto join was fine, but it would have been nice to have some advance warning about it. Now that we know that it happens that way, it shouldn't be an issue.

The biggest concern I have is the matching system, which is not balanced at all. We were matched against a clan that was many times stronger than we were, which showed in the plunder results (500 B vs 115B). While this is common for other tournaments with random seeding, I think it is more fair to assign even matches instead of ending up with cases of 'first-round walkovers', like with what happened to us. War was still fun even with the imbalance, but it would have been nice to have a shot at a payout to help recuperate out investments.

Additionally, I think member limit should be 60-65 rather than 75, and FF should be impossible without dropping members. It sucks for those clans that got screwed out of a payout because their opponents ran away early on.

9. I think they should get rid of auto join as well, an the 75% must be active at start or automatic ff BECAUSE ive done wars and a big part of the war is playing a waiting game. It adds more excitement. 2nd i think its a good idea for rosters to lock when war starts. because it deos take a while to get everybody back home. 3rd length should be 12-18 Hours, because 24 hours gets boring at the end and i just want it to be over by then hahaha. I also like the idea that when your in war u cant receive hits or hit anyone. Think that was pretty cool.

10. I will like to see Equipment we don't have if we win the war but it will kinda suck if everyone did there best and only a few got equipment if you do this atleast let everyone get equipment

11. Agree with you 100% Kalyptic, that sucked, I was so pissed when I woke up five mins before war, mithed up, and then realized in cc you said they forfeited. This is war, expect to be hit, enter at your own risk. Rosters need to be locked when the opponents are picked, and nobody can join, nobody can apply, and nobody can leave. It's total bull that a clan signs up, then have people leave and their opponent gets screwed.

12. I liked the all active start... The matching was nuts as we did have a lot of guest at that time. Any war under 24 hours in my opinion is a waste. Pay could def. Be increased.Gold,crystals,myth,items anything is good... I really enjoyed the war

13. I believe that there are two perspectives based on the auto-join, one being that there is action from the very beginning, and the other being that its unfair for the people who are not awake/active at the start of the war. I was active starting the first 15 minutes of war, so I was able to take advantage of this factor, (even though the V-Hawks had to forfeit because we had less than 50 people).

The auto-forfeit on the other hand I extremely disliked due to the fact that the whole clan had to suffer due to somebody having something more important than war (a.k.a real life, helping a friend). I know about all the "take one for the team" and all, but losing a war due to somebody having an issue possibly does not seem fair.

I do agree that there should be a double mithril bonus at the end so that more people start waring and bringing back the old KaW. I thought the idea of the summer wars was to bring what this game is about back, WAR. It is also a good way to entice people to get out of their EB's (I also EB don't worry I'm not hating) and get some action as a true clan should have in war.

14. @SniperSpy I totally agree that the war should have it so that nobody can leave or join, so you are either in or out

15. I may have missed this but how effective was the war? What was the percent of top 200 lb clans that actually joined?

Just watched, my clan was not a participant, but feel the devs should have a couple more test wars before they finalize the format!

Most important, clear, concise, documented rules.

16. Maybe they can set up a war Tourney for others also maybe 201 to 400 or something where they wouldnt be too different,I don't like the outside interference during war and gold payout is too cheap should be able to choose higher gold or mith payout

17. I like the ethics of this challenge. Last all star war we were busy attacking clans attacking our ppl in All Star teams. I find this a sad part of this game. Ppl talk smack talk but when all their alliances are busy or desert the bravado is silent.
    These are great training wars and having only one clan to fight a vacation for some.
    Auto Join system used in ASW was fine. My thoughts are the clans are locked in 12 hours before war starts.
    A Rival would be locked in within 2 hours.
    Length is fine but maybe every other week. The question this opens is can the team Merc between bouts? I feel the teams should be the rooster for season but that may not be practical. If your on vacation or inactive well your clan has to pin you or you leak, so what.
    Stripping is a war action and should be restricted to roster rivals as hits are.
    Reward I made 3B prolly spent that in pots. Spent 13 Mithral brought in 24. The 40% blows and devs your dirt bags not to give it to the winners. Your also screwing up by not giving us a lousy Beta Badge for participating in the Test. When you read the description of the beta badge it fully describes what we did.
    Most my clannies rather go to the dentist than system war. We were in osw so only 7 of us could Merc with friends.
    Glitches just fix IPhone #s
    It's summer time and participation would be better in the winter. I'm not going to miss a day at the beach to KaW.
    Results we would all like to see how many clans participated and results.
    All the threads ramble on about auto join like it's new.
    Good start and potential for some nice clean challenges.

18. I like the idea that nobody can leave, but what about kicking? I think members should still be allowed to be kicked.

19. @Dionise

That wasn't a beta test. Corinthian explained already how those tests are run in another thread.

That was a trial run for player feedback.

20. No kicking either, if somebody wants to leave then they'd just ask owner to kick them. In a post I made waaaay back, I brought up that people can leave or get kicked up until the 75 members, that way no forfeit possible. So you can leave or get kicked up until a certain point, if the 75th person leaves or gets kicked then auto forfeit, my way that 75th person has to stay in the war and not wuss out.