FARMING

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by *mightylion (01), Jun 16, 2012.

1. Master:
    Farming is vernacular that springs from multiple online role playing games. It is not unique to KaW.

It both serves to describe an action (harvesting money) while simultaneously dehumanizing your opponent by denoting ownership. (you are MY farm)

Being as this is well established in online gaming culture, the odds of changing it are nil. Lol

2. Yeah I know but I just don't like the word anymore :/

3. Me either. ;-)

4. SOZ TO THOSE FARMERS OUT THERE WHO ARE TRYING TO FARM ME IT WAS JUST A FORUM TO ATTRACT ATTENTION PLZ DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY

5. I hate farming. It's ruining KaW. There should be a rule or something that they get banned

6. @Alison boohoo, how boring-of farming is banned- 60% of people playing KaW will leave

7. There should never be a hard rule against farming it's a war game.

Farming someone for a genuine reason is cool and fun. I've done it many times and would gladly do it again. But each time there was a genuine reason behind it. That reason feeds my vengeance so I don't get bored. Sadly I can hold a grudge for a long time.

I never forgive, I never forget and sometimes I choose my time wisely other times id farm there and then. But I never random farm it's just not me.

For me these kinds of revenge farms need to experience sustained farming to change their ways and as Moose has said many targets cry too soon or use their clan to hide behind. Often clans are unable to offer real support.

It is fun chasing a target around kaw having them kicked from clan to clanwhen the owners / admins realise both sides of story.

However...

Farming the innocent or typical wc poster JUST because they posted an eb advert for example to me shows a defect in the personality of the farmer as well as a noob personality of the target. Its in fact a shade of bullying. Yes kaw is a war game. But where's the honour in farming a stupid noob?

Last time i looked there were many public osw and even more wars going on under the forum radar so go find one of those and have multiple targets to feed off. Tax free does taste best and when one target is dtw move onto next.

Farming a noob for a noob reason is kinda hollow cos they rarely learn and it's over too soon but the revenge farm is fun, give the target an option at the start be it an apology or whatever to end the farm. Then farm till they comply. The farm is justified to me by what they did wrong and the fact a get out was offered. If they decided not to do it out of pride or whatever then that's up to them.

Often the bully farmer is a higher stat more expereinced player then the target so its an easy farm for them.

I often wonder if the bully farmer is actually making up for being bullied in real life or when young? Or even has some need to gain control here cos perhaps in real life they have none? crappy boss or partner in charge so here they can try and take control? Idk. Or do they just love to farm? Lol

Perhaps I just don't see the fun in farming an innocent as there's no revenge in it for me and there are lots of drama in kaw for an outlet.

But kaw is about personal choice. Shades of grey and I'm glad it is.

Some peeps don't want to grow and love to farm. Others want to just hit ebs and not war - stats are for show. Some just wanna war and strip and eb items are meaningless.

Others have multiple legit alts and get the best that kaw has to offer through these different accounts. 

So farmers farm and noobs be noobs and we all play kaw how we wanna.

8. @admiral. You stupid little noob. Look my wall and win/loss. Don't you know sarcasm. Hurry up and grow so I can invite you to my farm . Moron

9. Farming......

(see Pure EVil)

10. I hate farming...

You spend all day in a damn field...then after you smell of ****...farmers should get a proper job...stupid cow fuckers...

11. tottaly fair i love farming people

12. How bout we all farm mighty lion

13. did that hours ago