strip it back to grass roots

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IlllIilI_MR_MAGOO_lllIIlll, Jun 10, 2012.

1. OwlBunny - ask the question in reverse: what changes need to be made to get (not force) users to actually recommence system wars.

The majority of mods I have seen post on this and very similar topics do the same thing: attempt to show why/how these changes are good and/or ask us our own questions hoping to uncover another answer users will accept.

Sigh.

2. Holy **** dude.

Have you ever heard of "short and to the point"?

Judging by the incoherent rambling about God knows what. Owl is Cor.

Do this thread a favor and offer some cliffnotes on your book-of-a-post.

3. Val. It's not about farming when you want to farm. Warring or ebing when you want to war or eb. The point of this is that advantages are being given to people who choose to play one way( not the way many OG players believe this game should be), while the ones who are true to the essence of the game are either forced into that style or risk falling behind.

4. So ask the questions the developers ask themselves, and check feedback regularly for ideas that get vetted? Alright..for starters, bring equipment into the PvP-side of things so the "item hunt" isn't neccessarily "mandatory", or as "mandatory". Second, give users that "good feeling" when they win, without neccessarily discouraging the loser from future participation. This can likely be done through rewards of a non-gold based nature. Such rewards could include the aforementioned equipment, achievements, points, crystals, mithril, potions, or aqua/inferno. Still, as the developers do not want to force pvp, merely incentivise it, any bonuses gained from pvp must not outweigh the benefits given from epic battles, but must instead be relatively comparable. Possibly, offering more dynamic war modes with different mechanics and/or objectives would reincentivse system wars as a more "fun" feature, but would take months to code and test and depend on how well recieved this coming war tournament is taken. Making wars fun enough to be a game within a game, and played though not neccessary to be played, mean that no matter what the developers implement, the war system will always be a niche feature, catering to a small few relative to the size of the community (although scheduling seasonal tournaments that mandate wars to participate potentially addresses this problem, but then only if the participants feel they need the reward, whether it be an actual reward or adulation).

Towards this end, as far as system wars are concerned, the developers are progressing in the right direction.

5. You want the best of both world then, similar to complaints spies issued in the past. You are asking for something rhonin is not, yet both appear to be on the same side. Correct me if I'm mistaken. :?
    Yes, I'm Corinthian, which is why I said "it's good to be unknown" since I was getting treated like I was a new player.

Basically, Kingdoms at War has shown it's colors as an mmorpg, not a constant rts as far as how the game is played, and mass pvp was the main draw of the game, and still is, despite the neccesity to grind. I then explained how that's possible.

6. I'm totally against this random drop (which really isn't random) method.. If you want equipment and enchantment then sell the bloody thing! It isn't rocket science, atleast people will have stuff based on how active they are and not wait to see if you crossed your fingers hard enough

7. You could say part of the reason behind this is to emulate mmorpgs, give people something to do, and perhaps keep equipment out of the "free things for people who spend money" section.

8. The irony is, dear old Cor here was the one who made the petition for a classic kaw that didn't involve any of the crap he's currently supporting in this thread

9. I agree ebs are ok to replace pwars but all the extra add on things just mucked up the good old bash them hard war

10. And notice the threads on kaw today all saying the same thing. Less repeat button more old school just like your petition.
    The fact remains that more and more people are tired of doing EB's to keep up with noobs. Your devs refuse to listen to their customers because a kaw classic or making this kaw more profitable to battle doesn't fill their pockets with as much consumer cash.
    You can counter with 'nobody forces you to EB' all you like, that's a weak argument at best when equipment is needed to win atks. If you were an impartial mod you'd agree, I know it, you know it and so does everyone else. But for some reason you can make a thread petitioning classic kaw then backtrack on it and not think you're a hypocrite

11. You know Cor I find your low level attempts at insulting myself and any other that challenges you in an open debate rather childish. If you can not engage in a debate where the points you make are challenged with valid counter arguments then I suggest you keep quiet in future and save yourself the embarrassment

Oh and thanks for unlocking the thread, now GAW has moved away from being a close version of old kaw(pwars and 'family jobs') maybe the devs will see sense and take another look at the idea

12. Oh dear, I'm so confused. I thought this was just a silly app to play when I want to kill time. Apparently there is more life changing implications. Simple lil me is gonna close my eyes and just keep tapping that repeat button. I hope everything will be ok  

13. System war fix: no time limit, no payout to winner (mith or gold), get points for various different actions instead of just scoring it on plunder earned.

14. I've seen no insults never knew my thread was locked thought just died lol
    Ok enchanting items seems cool but eb to get items instead of war ??? And fire water? We gotta eb for them too? Has KINGDOMS AT WAR I SAY AGAIN AT WAR been took over by a tree hugger ???

15. Rogue.

When you fail the forums never let you forget so please go away and have power crap some where else.

16. Yes. More work, less mindless button tapping. Thank you.

17. In before the flag

18. Devs listening? Mods flagging ? Nope bad day for kaw 

19. I don't care what the he'll they are trying to make it like owl, I said I don't like it! U can talk it up all u want but it sux! The people of kaw have spoken but u do nothing but turn a deaf ear! Months of fods for no drop of any sort, and don't u dare say I'm not active enough!! DROPS SUCK!!!!!!!