Emo's Unite!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by d_bo_assassin, Dec 23, 2011.

1. emo's are super awesome. they are happy chill people who have positive outlooks on life.

2. Yeah, about that "emo" stereotype. II happen to

1) Be emotionally stable
    2) Be generally optimistic
    3) Be on the Honor Roll in school
    4) Have friends, all of which are not depressed or have mental/social disorders of any kind

I don't appreciate the insult, d_bo.

Now, before you go ahead feeling tough, a rebel, being able to do whatever the **** you want, let me tell you that the only people I know that have your personality

1) have abusive or neglectful parents
    2) are failing all of their classes
    3) have the thought capacity of mental retards
    4) already take illegal drugs as freshmen in high school.

Thank you for your waste of space, and this soon-to-be-deleted thread.

3. Okay. This situation needs handled with extreme care.

As you all know, or should know, I am huge supporter of fan fiction because of my background in literary fiction. And yes, we all wear black turtlenecks and sit around a large circular table smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.

Incidentally, this is also what we did in assassins guild, except for splat. He mostly made fart jokes.

Okay. So here's the thing. I feel that role play has no place in the world of literary fiction. Is fan fiction REALLY high level fiction? For the most part, no- but it is a budding garden of flowering young artists. You have to let it grow. And you have to pick out the weeds.

As a moderator, it's not my place to have an opinion on role playing threads. And DBo is accurate. Where do we put them? They are a type of fiction. They really don't belong anywhere- but where oh where do
    You stick them?

I don't know what to do about the RP issue. I don't know where to stick the stuff.

As for the emo thing- don't be overly offended. It's really kind of a compliment when DBo calls you emo. Trust me, it could be a lot worse.

If you take a look at the history of great writers over the ages, almost all were mentally unstable, eccentric, crazy ass artístes. Did you know the famous playwright Tennessee Williams choked on a PILL BOTTLE CAP! How do you do that? Flipping amazing. He just gulped down his pills and forgot about the cap . Oh. Here's another one: Virginia Wolfe. I suggest everyone read "A Room of Her Own" if you are a budding writer. Excellent. Well, anyway, this chick was so loony she pulled an "Awakening" (Kate Chopin- another excellent read) and stuck pebbles into her petticoat and walked into a lake. PEBBLES!!! FTW!!!!

So, basically, I'm saying: we writers may be a group of crazy loony mother blankers, but what we do IS sacred. We are the drafters of universes! We are the creators! We are the prophets! (think Milton here). We are the future! <grabs hands with FF and sings Kum Bay Ah>

So, yeah. I have no answer to this conundrum. But I do have mad respect for what FF is trying to do. Create an environment in which they are able to flower and grow into something awesome, well, like me. :)

4. @cheese

if you're all happy, honor roll, blah blah. then you're not emo. that means you're a posing scene emo. a facade, an illusion, a lie.

another thing. I'm a college graduate. I graduated with honors, not some perfect straight a student but I finished with a 3.7 gpa. (out of 4.0)

but yes. I have been smoking marijuana since I was 12. I think I'm doing pretty well.

@belle woah momma you and your rants. it almost became a tl;dr. well at the end it sorta was, I started skimming.

5. That's why I kept the end the important part dbo. The part where all of FF should strive to be awesome like me.

But for reals, remind me to tell you about this 300- level psych course I took called "human memory" during my pot phase in college. Oh dear. Every course, the professor gave us a memory quiz first thing. It was like "huh"???

Yeah. That class ruined my gpa 

They aren't emo! They are creative! Don't judge!!!

6. don't shoot meh pl0x

7. I thought I would advertise my new story. Trollight 2: Jedward Cullin and the friends of Dorothy

8. Just wondering was the emo you by any chance d_bo? :p