the 2 most important aspects of war

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Swabia, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Enemy shouldn't know your time zone. If they figure it out, you are screwed. I repeat, SCREWED. You'll be striped every night knowing you are offline

2. It may be that you get .002% of opponents gold in a successful steal but idk , what it seams to me though is that the amount you get is at least partly based on you spies amount because when I steal from 1 player then let my spies regen and steal from him again it takes the same amount of gold or more from the player.

3. I personally think a very important aspect of war is agreeing with it. If you don't belive in the reason. Don't want to fight them. Or just dislike that war. Then fighting it is useless as you won't be useful

If you can't get into the war you can't win.

4. The enemy knowing your time zone isn't always that big a deal. If you sleep strictly at night, every night then I will say yes it is a big deal. However many people who play a lot don't have a normal schedule. My time zone is CST, have fun trying to figure out my sleeping schedule.

5. On the subject of gold lost per steal; here is a quick test:

My troops and gold were at this level:
    [​IMG]

I was stolen once and the results were:

[​IMG]

I then reduced my spies to below 25%:

[​IMG]

Another steal, with the following result:

[​IMG]

I then reduced my attack troops to below 25% as well:

[​IMG]

Stolen from again with the following result:

[​IMG]

This shows the amount stolen was less than 1/1000 of the gold I had open. It also shows that by reducing spy or troop level there is no significant reduction in the amount lost per steal.

6. For me it's all about planning ! It is very much the key to a successful campaign. Yes it's that simple but often seems so difficult to achieve.

7. I want to see the screen shots from this poster hitting tower builds from the tower build's side...

It all depends on the goal... If you are an HLBC player with 1-5 trillion in allies I definitely believe there is good value in towers. It all depends on the circumstance of course.

But from a 1 v 1 perspective, if you have enough towers you are almost impossible to pin. You just have to be active when your opponent is unloading, then you unload. Then you sit on them until they burn crystals. A matter of tactics and circumstances.

I had this build as a turtle for a while, and the plunder did indeed suck. However, it would take 3-4 HLBC atk builds to pin, and that's with a ton of spy def towers.

Pot burning is overrated, too... Depends on circumstance. If you are HLBC with 10,000 pots each sd and def, are moderately to very active, and trade ~250 bil allies per day, then it's a nuisance tactic at best. Ally trading alone nets you ~4 bil/day- /20 mil per hit means you could be inactive 8 hours/day before anyone does any real damage by attacks- strictly from pots... And you aren't looking at repotting for literally weeks.

Its valuable if you've got someone naked and you've been stealing them blind to where you think your getting down to their last dime. It's valuable if you are beating up on people who don't take
    "potting up" very seriously.

Just depends on where you are on the growth curve as a player and what the purpose of the build is... I wouldn't keep a ton of towers on my main. But as a complimentary build, high towers low maintenance is not bad. Sort of like an osf isn't bad.

8. Yeah, but a coordinated team of spies does an awful lot of stealing...

24 xtals X 6 spy builds = 144 bars in 30 minutes.

If you've been stripped of a few trillion and aren't on the LB, that will hurt.

9. KlaSSiK's tip: Know your role to help your clan.

I'm the small pest that wastes the enemies resources so that my clan can take full advantage.

10. 10,000 pots to a well committed clan might last you a day or two... :p

11. Out farming is key to victory

12. About time this was stickied.

13. I think it's in the wrong section

14. Nice work on the sticky Swab

15. The 2 most important.... I know one is be alive at the end of it !

16. My stray is enough allies for max plunder. Whack. Work and live it up.
    Kaw is tertiary. Good friends and good fun since 2010.

Thx to klarissa forcing my decision to change builds. Much appreciated.

17. What do I know about war? Well, all that I've picked up since Nov 08, '09. It's quite a tale. ;)

~daT.

18. Renselm-can't-spell-dat-name:

[​IMG]

I dont remember this players name, but I do remember my farming him as a test.

Full bar spies with new pots to assassinate to 1/2 troops. Then attack until pinned where I won all past 1/2 of my attack bar. I had very low BFA at the time, and he has BC where I was short 12 buildings.

So bigger than me, but making less money a hit and I was still farming him with impunity once an hour for a day to make my point.

Now, I have no idea what he makes a hit but I'm sure you can subtract all those defensive buildings from overall max bc plunder and see what he makes a hit.

Yes, defensive buildings have their place. Be sure you allow enough buildings to make money and balance it all out.

I don't hear many players advocating past 5 spy towers and I haven't heard any experienced war player say troop defensive buildings make any sense.