♔ Epic Battles (PvE) ♔

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Wulf, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

For some reason nobody in my clan (even HLBC players) can attack in the last phase of Ambush, but assassination works just fine.

2. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

It's confirmed- our pot regen times in phase two VARY WIDELY. Sometimes pots regen in 3 min, other times they regen in 4,5 or even 7 minutes. It varies almost every regen....

It's possible that the pot regen pattern gets more complicated the closer we get to phase 3...

3. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Quite simply, awesome

4. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

bump

5. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Ty wulf pretty helpful

6. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Nice Guide Thx

7. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

I have completed FoD 6 times in different clans. With regards to the last 3%, I have seen the bars at 20,30,40,50,50,and 90%. The bars seem to have to be reduced in the same proportion. What that means is that if you reduce to top bar by 1500 damage, you must reduce the bottom bar by 500 damage. I have taken it down to sweet spot twice.

The best way is to have one person take the bars down to sweet spot. The bars, however, move at different rates. For a build of my size, the top bar requires 7-8 actions to bring it down by 10% (~1500damage); the bottom bar only takes 5 actions (~500 damage).

The last time I was tasked with finding the sweet spot I did 7-8 angel/wrath then switched to 5 locust. Important: do not take the bars down together by using all 3 items simultaneously because that throws the proportions off. Then I tested by assassinating. Rinse and repeat all the way down until I found the sweet spot. This last time it was at 20% so it was extremely nerve wracking.

Anyways, good luck to all and thanks, devs, for the new EBs

8. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Thank u Wulf. My first post in the forum becos this is best guide ever. My hat to you!!!

9. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Thank you for this great guide it is my bible :D

10. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Hey Wulf a couple things about FoD.

During the final stage, Life at 3%, the wait time before items become active isn't necessarily 5 minutes minimum. When my clan (F.O.X.) did it our first time, after members had done many FoD guesting in other clans, the bars opened to item attack within a minute. Also, we used a strategy that I have used or seen used in many FoD, to just pin both bars and let them regen up. What we did was, after testing and confirming that bars were open to item attack, each member of the clan used five attacks per person of all 3 items at once (you can affect both bars simultaneously by using all 3 items). Most clans only let one or two admins use items, and then random clowns throw items out and cause problems. We just shared the items, same as we do with Haunting. One bar pinned before the other, so we had people clean up the remaining hits so both were at 0. Typically after pinning both bars, Life will be open to attack after 2 regens, the most I have ever seen it take is 3. In our case, it was open after just one regen, the fastest I've ever seen it.

So it opened to items at 3% (commonly it doesn't open until 4%) we burned it down before regen, and after the first regen, Life at 4%, it was open for atk and assn8. We then pinned Life and completed FoD in a time that had us pretty high on the lb. at this point we've dropped down to 37. If we had more people we'd be way up there, but we had less than 50. Pinning both Life bars is the easiest and most reliable way to do it, in my experience over about 10 FoD's, and in our case we got lucky and it was the fastest final 3% I've ever seen.

11. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Oh and I forgot to mention, you say that the perm item and treasure bonus payouts in EB's are totally random. This is not true. KaW (red name and all) stated in wc that being more active in the EB increases your odds of receiving the bonuses at the end. Didn't say whether that means doing more damage, or having more total successful actions, but did specifically say that it's not *totally* random. It's still semi-random, but weighted in some way that favors those with more activity. I have SS I would hopefully get around to uploading someday.

12. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Question about Figure. When you use the 3 items: locust swarm, holy wrath and angels of light, do the bars go down at the same rate? Some say you need to add mind scream to do this?

13. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

They do not go down at the same rate. I don't know about adding mind scream to try and get them to go down at the same rate. What we did was just have some people use HW AOL at the end to pin that bar, since the Locust bar had gotten pinned faster.

14. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

reward for fod goes up to at least 16.04bil.

15. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

When we do the last item phase on FOD we have two people do it. Bring top bar down 1k at a time match up bottom n test.

But what I noticed is top bar regens 2500 when it regens. So best method for testing is.

Drop top bar 2.5k at a time match up bottom test. Drop 2.5k again match bottom test. Rinse n repeat you will find it ASAP. This is the best method I have seen or used to date.

Hope it helps somebody.

16. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

:roll: bloody hell u have been been busy!

17. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Excellent guide. As usual. A related question. Has anyone seen whether items can drop a second time for the same player (i.e., can I get 2 armors of eternal fire) and if so do the bonuses stack?

18. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Question about Gemstones in Ambush: getting conflicting stories regarding the impact of stealing and not stealing gemstones on plunder gained. Some are saying not to steal because there will be a bigger bonus if you don't steal. Others are saying that at a certain point, you will get much larger payoffs if you steal. The guide book states: Optional: Steal Gemstones. (This is not required but the mission pays better the more this section that is completed)

What is the best approach here? Steal, not steal? Is there a bonus if you don't steal? Bigger bonus if you do steal?

Thanks for the guide. It is very helpful.

19. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

@Sir Chicken I have wanted to know this too but people in my clan say if your a mainly spy build it is better plunder but if your not it is better to assasin. If you steal your clans overall plunder should be higher but I don't know exactly.

20. Re: A Complete Guide to PvE Epic Battles (Under Construction)

Re: perm items - you CANNOT have two of the same perm item, from EB or from ProPack or anywhere else. Not possible.

Re: stealing in Ambush - we completed the steal section at F.O.X. once to see if anything special happened. Nothing. The total plunder for the EB was around $105b where normally it's around $100b. The problem with it was to finish the steal bar, we had to have our attack and mixed builds dumping their troops outside the EB, so as to not kill the main bar and end the EB before we could finish steals. Quests for some, battle list for others... If our clan had an OSF that would have been the obvious choice.

I have heard rumors that completing the steal bar could drop a perm item, but I have also heard that such a reward is a *possible future upgrade* so I really have no idea. All I know for certain is that we did it once and got nothing special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.