My logical guide to farming

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Irisheddy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. To start of farming is not 5+ attacks then stopping, for example in real life i a farmer went to his farm and harvested 7 potatoes, then left and didnt do this again he wouldnt be a farmer he would be aguy that went out and picked 7 potatoes. But if he went out everyday and harvested 50 potatoes that would be farming.

2. Key word everyday there. Farming is hits over a given set of time.

3. With the hundreds and thousands of diff people you can pull up on battle search (not to mention all the inactive gamers and farms out there as well) why would you even NEED to attack someone more than 5 times? It's a courtesy thing that keeps the game civil. 95% of clans don't want people attacking more than 5 times, it's the accepted rule. Why not just hit five and move on? I don't even see why it would be necessary...

4. Variable it's not a RULE it's what you noobs go by to keep from getting stripped I hate people who think it's a rule as well as it's called kingdoms at WAR not kingdoms at Pansy flower shop

5. Lol @ aput

6. People are always trying to redefine farming. The problem with this is that language gains it's power not from written definitions but from usage. You can argue until you're blue in the face that the usage is incorrect but so long as it is comprehended by the majority then the written definition is overwritten. This is how over time slang becomes doctorine.

The commonly understood "rule" on farming in the general (read: majority) community of kaw is that a single round of attacks that exceeds 5 hits is considered unnecessarily aggressive behavior and therefor tagged in the slang shorthand of kaw as "farming".

Trying to rationalize your aggressive behavior by redefining the word is a waste of time.

7. That said, you are of course welcome to carry out your beliefs through actions and deal with the inevitable consequences. Just don't be surprised when entirely predictable reactions occur despite your vehement arguments that such reactions are incorrect.

Shorthand: you reap what you sow

8. You hit me more than 5 times I hit 2x1, and that's 2 spy fails for 1 attack. Don't care if you don't consider 5+ farming or not

9. Hello farmer Jon

10. Don't bump dead threads

11. .-. Go jump off a cliff. It obivous why you don't bump dead threads. It creates spam.

12. Well, this thread isn't exactly dead anymore is it? Lol. This thread brings up a really good point though, so it shouldn't be left behind in the dust, dead because no one posts on it.

13. Shoot it didn't work