The Forumers Lounge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by slayerbob, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Joejava, when this thread has over 11,182 quality role-play posts, then you can come and talk smack. Otherwise, shut it down.

A proper role-play post is 3-5 sentences and is detailed.

2. And this has been around for almost three days now.

3. This is a war game!!!! Who has time to say "Get me a coffee" in excruciating detail?!?!

4. - I walk into the lounge, examining the area, making sure the perimeter is secure before going any further. Soft jazz music plays in the background, and I see two mods dancing together romantically. I ease my way up to the bar, sitting down next to JoeJava.

“One coffee please,” I politely ask the bartender, keeping one hand on my money and another on my sword.

5. Oops. Forgot a hyphen at the end.

6. The writers café has pretty **** quality posts if you hadn't noticed. Most posts are like one sentence long, or shorter.

First two pages as an example. In this at least people had color, were excited to get a reply, had troubles replying for at times we had pages being full by the seconds.

We had quality in there, in the writers café nobody talks about one piece of writing, nobody really talks. It's boring.

7. It's all a matter of perspective.

A man walks into a bar, and asks the bartender for a drink of water. Instead of retrieving the water, the bartender takes out a shotgun and shoots slightly to the left of the man, narrowly missing his ear. The man says thank you, leaves a tip, then exits the bar.

Why?

I'm sure you may have heard this one, but pretend for a second that you haven't. What would you do in the first man's position?

Now imagine how you would react as the bartender.

I'm sure you have guessed by now that the man had the hiccups, and the bartender was trying to scare them out of him. The man, instead of getting angry at the bartender, decided to PERCIEVE the gesture as an attempt to help. Instead of starting a bar fight, he saw to see the situation from a positive view, and thanked the bartender.

It's all about perception.

Most of you, patrons of the Forumners Lounge, we're not here for the birth of The Writers Cafe. I was. In fact, I created it.

You perceive the cafe's start as if it was in a time much like today. It wasn't. This was back when fan fiction had few regulars, and there were but four or five pages in the forum. You perceive this place to be as busy as it is now. Alas, it was not, and many who were there for the beginning are not here for today. I could give you a timeline of the cafe in it's busier moments, and in it's slower moments. The thing is that I feel a bit sad. For the Cafe is the home of the Rum Bomb, something you may never know of. It was the start of Character Nights, a tradition buried somewhere in the thread, that was the first quality roleplay this forum had ever seen. It has seen the failure of the press confess, the passing of many a user, and fire of many a conflict. But I'm not here to start a bar fight, and I'm not here to leave a tip.

The point is, I perceive the Writer's Cafe as a piece of history, and most of you perceive it as nothing. And I feel sorry about that. But there is little I can do to change your perception.

Edit: Spelling sucks. 'Nuff said.
    Also: I'm still reading everything in a british accent.

8. Hey slayer. I'ma be nice about it:

SHADDUP.

The Writer's cafe is not a role play, it is a place for casual conversation among FanFic regulars. It does not need long posts. It's just fine.

9. Hehe... Run Bombs >: D

10. [/color=darkred]Sup all[/color]

11. We nd slayer to get this on Croce topics again

12. Moose put it here, which I'm not mad about, but I would like it moved back to off topic.

13. Off topic is a better place but it's sorta fictional so...

14. Wanna make a petition?