Doves

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *MercRaider (01), Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys I hope you like this story. I'm sorry if you don't know much of the plot, this part doesn't really relate to the main storyline very much. The next part of the story I post will have more of the plot so hopefully you guys don't get too bored. I'm too lazy to make a feedback thread for this so please just wait until the story is finished and then post whatever you want. Hope you like it! :D

Jonathan awoke to a soft, bright light. He lay in his bed for a few seconds, looking up at the ceiling, then pushed himself into a sitting position on the side of his bed. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around his room. An electric light in the ceiling, light grey walls, a glass desk and a wooden chair, his bed, a bedside drawer, and two wallscreens in the, well, walls.
    He lifted his left hand and turned the first of the wallscreens on. Programming it to have a cup of coffee ready downstairs when he arrived, he started to get dressed.
    Half a minute later, Jonathan headed downstairs. He picked up the mug of lightly steaming coffee, and walked over to the kitchen. Motioning at the small wallscreen, he set a breakfast of scrambled eggs and orange juice. The juice was ready almost immediately, and, approximately 23.9 seconds later, so were the eggs. He picked up the plate of eggs and the glass of juice and walked over to the table, grabbing a fork on the way.
    He began to eat, and the large wallscreen in the living room lit up gently. In the right of the screen a light, pulsing envelope sat. He motioned at it and a message opened.
    Reading it, he gently set aside the nearly finished plate of scrambled eggs. Jonathan finished reading the message, closed it, and downed the rest of his orange juice. Placing the plate and the glass in the sink, he grabbed his suitcase and coat and headed out the door. As he shut the door behind him, the wallscreen flickered gently off.

2. The building Jonathan arrived at was quite plain. From the outside, it had white walls, a perfectly cut lawn of green grass, and a pathway leading up to the front door from the sidewalk.

Jonathan followed the path up to the glass door, scanned his ID card, and stepped in the building. He stepped past two people and walked into the elevator. Arriving at the 4th floor, Jonathan stepped out of the elevator and turned right. After walking for one and a half minutes, and taking three left turns and one right turn, he arrived at a conference room.

Once again, he scanned his ID card and the door buzzed open. The room was quite spacious, and had a large, ovular conference table in the centre, with twenty seats. 1 seat was already occupied by a man, and Jonathan walked over and sat down next to him.

3. Jonathan speaks up.
    "You asked for me, Ryan?"

Ryan Anderson is slightly taller than average, slightly skinnier than average, and wears a white lab coat and glasses.

Ryan doesn't reply, but instead slides a piece of paper over to where Jonathan is sitting.

Jonathan turns it around and reads the title of the report.

7 June 2072, Zeus-109 Sat-Rep

Ryan speaks up: "That satellite report from Z-109 was taken last week. The actual machine's report would have been illegible for you, so I simplified it into English for you."

As Jonathan reads, Ryan explains.

"Last friday, at approximately 12:01 AM, one of our military satellites, Zeus-109, took a pre-scheduled report of Sector-8B, roughly 523 miles from where we are sitting right now.
    At first, it ran thermal, photographs, laser, geothermal, and geographical checks on its sector. Nothing was found to be out of the ordinary. But when the machine switched to its radioactive sensor, or Geiger counter, it found heightened amounts of Plutonium-239. Dangerous amounts."

4. I'll finish this story tomorrow. Gtg to sleep :p