A new Incentive to "war"

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Hansel, Oct 6, 2011.

1. No, You'll still get ur normal plunder. but currently EB's plunder is many times superior to ur normal plunder from hitting a player.

2. Then lower EB plunder? I dont like too much monies.

3. Hmm. If someone has 100bil out with full pots, they lose hundreds of mil. I'd be kindaunfair if u have a rush osf alt.

4. I like the idea, but I think it would have to be done in conjunction with a lowering of land prices. No one would ever bc if land costs stayed where they are now and this idea was adopted.

5. Sorry but they won't lower land cost. You would have players demanding money back for nobs or gold wasted buying lands.

6. I didn't realistically think they would lower land costs. Just offering my opinion on the idea and why it may or may not work.

7. Why not? Play smart, and you can BC much quicker.

8. Pure spies will be so much scarier, since they wont be caught, no way of stripping them. And then they could potencially tranfer the money they stole... which may be a problem (ways to deal with this though)

9. Well in order to take advantage of your suggestion you would need to seriously damage other kingdoms. I doubt that kind of action would go unreturned.

You'd have to continuously bank in allies and it would be tough to have enough out at any given time to buy the last few lands without fearing an incoming assault which could cripple your growth.

I may be wrong, just think it be a lot harder than it already is to bc.

10. That's the point ^^. kingdoms at war!

11. Oh I agree, and would love to see more war. Just that kaw land/building prices are based on pwar/eb kaw so without the earlier mentioned land cost adjustment I can't see it working.

12. @ A1

then you would have to go after the really rich to earn your keep. besides the .1% is only a bonus.

on another note, i think itd be good to introduce the downside of having allies.

cant possibly have benefits only when it comes to allies.

13. Imagine a hlbc hansel who switches to an osf just for his clan. Keeps trillions in allies..imagine the extra bonus their clan members would get for having no extra loss

14. Nothing would change except ppl would bank more IMO.

15. I'd support but.. Devs aren't really radical, game changing people.. They're more play it safe guys. :p

I doubt they'd try it

16. I like it. BUT! It will make stripping someone a **** -load easier.

17. Do you mean for this to be applied in system wars, or out of system wars?

I like the idea for an out of system scenario.. and like you said it would encourage battle list hitting/stripping which can be pretty exciting. But in a system war, not so much.

Mainly because in friendly system wars, people don't usually like to strip / be stripped. They just don't have the cash for it. So it would probably turn them off wars completely. They'd have their money banked, and so they'd be earning next to nothing.

Perhaps in a system war, maybe instead it earns you more mithril if they have more money out?

18. battle list??? wars??? What is a war and the battle list????

19. Good idea, but on actuality it would do more damage than good, (for others ofcourse the iG family would love this)

Good: People would be scared to leave money out and it would be hard to upgrade, thus making the game a little more fun and interesting.

Bad: People would be scared to leave money out and it would be hard to upgrade, thus making the game a little more fun and interesting.

Why those 2 seems the same?

approved

20. Great idea! It would make game much more interesting, competitive and played using strategy.

Support