Help KaW

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Merlyn, Sep 6, 2011.

1. I have Two major people...

2. Oh, thought you meant in his last post, sorry ;P

3. Your guides are improving. 

4. Hey Merlynd :) It's great to see you haven't given up.

Warning: Long message incoming

Positives.

Nicely set out. I'm on the PC right now, so it's pretty easy to read and I managed to read the whole thing. Not sure how it looks on iPhone though. It's nice to see that you are really trying hard to make some sort of a difference. Also your quote by the Forgotten Noob made me literally laugh out loud haha. I loved it.

Negatives.

This isn't to insult you. Just giving you some criticism of where you may need to improve.

Intro:
    I really don't understand that opening sentence. Your sentence started off fine, and then BAM! You used a comma and it lost meaning.

I also agree with Moose.. "my rank in the KaW community". What does that mean? What is your rank? We have ranks?

Respect:
    This was a bold move. Its very hard to tell people how to be liked and respected, unless you really do know what you're talking about. Personally, I would find it impossible to try and teach someone how to gain respect. Everyone has their own personal preference of what it takes to be liked or respected by them. Kudos for giving it a shot though. Better than anything I could write in regards to respect :p

Helping:
    "Go searching for questions" "Questions that find you" "When you find a question" ... I'm confused? Who's finding who? Lol. Other than that, this section is fine.

Guides:
    There's nothing wrong with remaking a thread.. As long as you give credit to where you got the information from. More importantly, the version you make has to actually be BETTER than the original.

Activity:
    You don't have to help EVERY day. But it is good to make your presence known.

I don't completely understand the real purpose of this thread. It seems like you made it for yourself to gain recognition, rather than wanting to make it for others. But that's only MY opinion. Again, I'm not trying to hate on you. It just seems like the only helping you've done is trying to help players help others. If that's your goal though, then awesome! If it's not, then you should work on helping others before trying to tell people how to help. Lead by example!

Despite my negatives appearing to be greater than the positives, it was still good overall :) It's a definite improvement. Keep it up. I admire your persistence.

5. Hey Merlynd.

I liked it in the whole. It's a lot more humble than your first attempt. Still not sure if signatures are as important as you make out. I see them more as a novelty.

I'm still very unknown in the forums (maybe I need a sig!) but I have a wide group of friends outside the forums. I hope I have some respect out there in the game!

Something that came to my mind about your helpers clan was:

If you really want to use it to help, why not invite new players to join. Instead of teaching them to help, teach them how to play. Run regular eb's so they can grow, run regular wars so they can learn tactics. Maybe even get a second clan that you can do internal clan wars. That way your new players are protected from strips and mercs unless YOU allow it.

Hell, if you want to do that route I'll even give you the second clan!

6. The guide is pretty good. Now, just a small piece of advice: you have been posting a lot and at times not the best content. Not trolling here just bring straightforward. It looks - sometimes - that you are trying hard to get a mod spot. That may not be the case but it may be perceived as such. If you post a few mediocre guides (even if you improve) people in time may just bypass your future efforts thinking 'here goes another Merlynd guide.' So my advice would be to exploit those who are willing to help you - hash out your ideas with more experienced players and your clan members; gather more data; check out more facts and then write out a draft of your guide. Share it with a limited number of players and see what they think and what advice they have. Then post it in forums: you'll have less quantity and more quality. Helping out I'm KaW is a worthwhile effort - why not focusing your energies a tad more?

7. Now you're just trying too hard :/

8. I must agree with missmellon when she says

"I don't completely understand the real purpose of this thread. It seems like you made it for yourself to gain recognition, rather than wanting to make it for others."

So far I haven't seen you help anyone. This guide is about as far as it goes, and foruming can be teached but not from a guide. Another great forumer must answer questions and tell the pupil what to forums about. A guide can't do that it's just a written set of steps about what to do. This may not affect you as much in building, but in a place where everyone is different it can. Now I'm not hating that's just a unicorns perspective.

9. Thank you all for great feedback!!
    [​IMG]

10. You don't even reply to my post.

11. You did not ask a question. I replied thank you for feedback, if you have a question, ask it.
    [​IMG]

12. Oblliterator, sigs do not give you respect sigs make you remembered, you have to earn your own respect. When I see your name I remember you as a good helpful player, but when I go through names in my head, your doesn't com to mind. Whereas Judge_Moose, does.
    [​IMG]

13. Is it me or it this place is full of saliva and I a lot of kissing.... Hmm

14. Your whole respect fetish is starting to scare me...

You need to understand, if you TRY to earn respect, youll never keep t. Respect should be given to you ACTING NORMAL. you shouldnt do things in the hopes "ooh! Ooh" maybe someone will respect me for this

/facepalm

15. I'm being normal, the way I want to be.
    [​IMG]

16. J3lck is correct. Talking about how to gain respect makes you vulnerable, and talking about how to gain respect when you are new makes you "radio active". I'd be careful about that topic.
    [​IMG]

17. oh..who keeps bumping this thread?

18. And get rid of that annoying signature. Moose's signature is ok because it's not obtrusive, but your signature says, "LOL I'M A NOOB LOOKING FOR ATTENTION" every time he swings his big stupid stick around. Best sigs are plain text if you're on an iPhone. You can get a little fancier if you're on PC.

Why don't you earn a lot of respect before making a guide teaching others about earning respect? That's like one blind man trying to lead another around a ditch. It won't work, and they'll both fall in. At this point it's more like a blind man who already fell into a ditch telling another blind man to jump down there with him.

19. Piss of merlnd