content restriction in fan fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Distance, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Can someone please explain EXACTLY what ROLEPLAY stories are?

2. Yes its available electronically. I cant give details on forums because of tou. No advertising 3rd party stuff.

3. Okay, so theres the person that sets it up. He/she is in charge of everything. Plot/rules/ect. So say I make a role-play about Harry Potter. I am therefore in charge of creating a plot. (I.e. Mysterious noises have been heard throughout Hogwarts. The goal of the role-play is to find out what the noises are.) of course the rp can go deeper than that. After I post the plot, people would sign up with a character, and I would have to accept them. Once accepted, they can post on the role-play. Basically it's an interactive, collective story.

4. @Distance, would you be allowed to wall me the name of it?

5. Yep. I think so.

6. Stories=Good, Bad RP=Bad, Good RP=Fine, Random threads that should be in OT=NOT TOLERATED

Anyway that's my opinion. The only problem with the RP's here is that they're all fails: are not done correctly and just seem to end up being chat/picture threads

7. People drawn to a bad rp are people seeking a creative and social outlet. I see no reason to drive them away with intolerance. Teach them perhaps. Welcome them to try more traditional writing such as poetry or perhaps write an rp guide to teach them the right way to make one. U guys have gone from protectionist to totalitarian in your reactions to new things in ff. A bad rp hurts no one. But a bad organization of narrow minded people fighting against creative freedom hurts everyone.

8. That arse posted another link to youtube!

9. Irin.

L'malar Whol Kestral

That was RPish.

And boss.

10. Distance... Bad RP to me, is RP not done right and/or a thread made for RP but is just really more a chat/picture thread. More often I see the second type. Also I have a feeling they wouldn't listen to us even if we tried to correct their improper RP. Sure, the idea of total dictatorship is not what I want FF to be. I wish it was the way it was before but all those OT and Bad RP's get on my nerves sometimes. Especially after someone calls me an "it".
    To be truthful, in every way, IMing apps/programs are the best places for RP mainly because they're quick, unlike the forums.
    I admit I enjoy a proper RP myself, I used to do it. Now not so much. :/

11. Good or bad rp, how does its existence hurt you? How could its existence help you? Id say theres alot more answers to the second question than the first.

12. I don't really think their existence helps anything really.

13. Brings new readers and writers to ff

14. Rp are popular. Sadly very popular. They could bring new life to ff. Especially if one of you experienced rpers made a guide for them

15. We need an established writing workshop thread to teach the new rpers actual writing skills. And boom we expanded our community.

16. We really do need more writers here. We have... We have around 15 people in the FF community. That's not enough.

17. There is a guide dimwit... lol I'm an a bad mood, sorry.

18. Theres an rp guide?