New to Forums? Tap This First :3(Updated)

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Renamed5518, May 17, 2011.

1. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Hmmm... I read Fap, to be honest.

Nice guide, not too long, not too short.

2. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Reserved

3. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

:3

4. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

A few BBCode mistakes, but I actually think that you did a decent job on this, Nikki! :)

5. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Thanks!
    I don't see many mistakes. Hold on -- lemme proofread again

6. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Bump!

7. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Bump!

8. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Hahaha it's a GAME not a job, or a way of life! You don't need to be professional in a game :lol:

9. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

gtfo

Other than these pathetic trolls, great job Nikki!  :D

10. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

:lol: :)

11. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Exactly. U have to be like me

12. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Bump

13. Re: New to Forums? Tap This First :3

Eyegasm

14. Bump for the updated version;

- Fixed typos
    - BBCodes fixed
    - Added more info
    - Revised Credits section

15. You've just pressed the blue "forums" button, and you see lots of threads.
    Within those threads, you may laugh at, or cry at how people are treated here.
    Then again, you might not give a damn, heh.

Trolling is not:
    • Posting some lame "witty" picture in every thread you see.
    • Simply winning an argument.
    • Resorting to "your mom" retorts when you start to lose an argument.
    • Spamming and thinking you're pretty hardcore and cool. You're not.

There's one way you can avoid trolling in the first place. It's very simple.

Don't be an idiot.

When you're the one trolling someone else (and I don't think you can, it's not someone that can be learnt on the spot), well... That's a different story.
    Here's some advice that'll make sure you're someone that people will want to be friends with. Be yourself, be sincere.
    I'll talk more about this later.
    As you already know, people troll for personal and public amusement. But, heck, most people here can't troll at all.
    Don't wanna be trolled? Then don't say stupid things.
    Think about the things you say; eg. are they particularly insulting to a group of people? Yes?
    Then adding a disclaimer obviously doesn't help, DUHHHH. They're obviously still gonna feel insulted, so unless you can deal with the ensuing angry mob, you better think it through.

The Different Sections

The word "Forum" is derived from the ancient Romans.
    They once had forums, which was basically like an agora; a meeting place for all to publicly announce or debate things.
    Nowadays, we have forums on the internet too.
    For what?
    Well, it could serve as a way for those interested in the same things to meet and share their knowledge.
    Other forums are meant to answer commonly asked questions, like those about computers.
    Then we have the game forums, which are about (you guessed it) games. KaW's just one of them.

Rules of Conduct
    This section is locked for a reason; only the administrators/developers of KaW can post here, the dos and don'ts in KaW.
    Good to read it sometime, it'll save from doing something stupid and then using the same old "but I didn't know I couldn't!" excuse.

Questions/Feedback
    • Do not make repeat threads.
    Example:
    If we have a "funny photos" thread don't make another. If we have a guide for BBCodes and etc, don't make another. We don't need twenty threads about the same topic every 3 days.
    • Research before you ask, and ask ONLY if you could not find the answer.

• Do not create "Hi KAW, ask me anything, I will try to help!" threads. You will be flamed, insulted, tested, and you will likely whine about being hated. LOL.
    • Feedback can be given here, ONLY if it's too long for the Feedback button in your Homepage.
    • However, we'd still advise you to send an email to support@athinkingape.com as it's faster and more likely to be responded to.
    • Stay relevant to the questions, don't start talking about how your day was and etc.

Threads like this one, the one you're looking at should probably be inserted through that section. Questions, should always go here, if you've any. And before you make that move -- take a good look at the Post Questions Here thread.
    This section is basically a section dedicated to answering questions.

News
    Announcements and big changes to the KaW community will be explained here, especially updates.
    If you've noticed, News is always locked. This is because only developers can dispute the validity of official KaW new, hence, only developers can edit it.

Best Of
    • This is where all the WIN/epic/awesome/unnoobish threads go to. =D
    • This is where you wish your threads would go to. >:3

Some announcements may be placed here, instead of News. Old classic threads could be plucked and put here, just for the memories or the information inside.

Strategy
    Many guides to the game are placed here for a good reason; it's strategy. Threads about becoming a spy, equations to certain game mechanics, how to build, it's all in here. As a newb to the game, I viewed this section the most.

Clans and Alliances
    Usually, clans and families will have wars. Everyone does, right?
    Sometimes they'll make a thread about that specific war, and people can debate about it, who could win, who may lose.
    Wanna trash talk? Go ahead, it's not against the rules, as long as you don't take it too far (eg, RL threats, really inflammatory comments, etc).

Fan Fiction
    • FF is for players to share their stories, be it Fiction or Non-fiction.
    • Mind you, it's a 9+ game, so keep things appropriate.

Have a story to tell?
    A parody you want to share?
    Stuff like that will be related to here; role-play could be related to this branch as well.
    This section of the forums was closed off away from Active Topics a while ago they are just story/feedback threads, and kind of spammed AT when they weren't needed. Also, people would immediately see FF story threads and post feedback there, etc. Thus, soon no one really cared about Fan Fiction. 

Off Topic
    The most used topic in my opinion =P I love this area; people talk about pictures, how they broke their arm, and why ants don't play trumpets. Who doesn't love Off Topic?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit into the other sections, that isn't related to KAW, here.

Graveyard
    This is where most of the stupid/inappropriate/dead/locked/fail/??? threads go to rot, before they're incinerated and crushed into a pile of nada.

Sadly, Majesty created this section, and all threads that were waste and of no use, or inappropriate/breaking the ToU generally, will be picked up, and thrown here. Everything's locked for a reason; no more further talk about it.

Other Game Discussion
    Game-wise subjects should all be located here; if they don't fit into the other categories.
    I would most likely create a Happy-Birthday thread here, since it's still game related, related to that player.

Tips and Warnings

• Don't tick anyone off. Anyone.
    Whether noob or famous KaW player, pay attention to what you say and try not to do anything ridiculous. This is what starts big arguments and fights, and as you all know, the loser always gets made fun of, and everyone will remember the incident.
    - Reminder: As obvious as it seems, people get hit by clans and have trouble after they check someone's stats, and they regret messing with the person, realizing their own stats are five times smaller. For the record... Don't tick anyone off, and don't be dumb to miss out on checking people's history and what other powers they have.

Be helpful. We all want a brighter place for KaW, and as of now, I see nothing at all. Just trash talk and rarely anyone helping or answering questions. So please KaWers, be helpful. Anyway, people begin looking up to you and knowing you're a friendly person to be around.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.
    Everyone has enemies sooner or later, ally and enemy, friend or foe. So do yourself a big favor -- Try to keep an alliance with your enemies so you have less of them; pretty soon everyone will be your friend. Even if not, you've still learned more about the opponent.

Don't give up.
    Children, teens, and adults have all been through trolling here in the forums. It's a disastrous place if you don't know how to endure it all. People will point and laugh at you, they'll shower you with threats and insults, and they'll persuade the public to hate you. If you give in, you're losing yourself and missing the point in playing.
    Fix yourself up, use what you learned throughout 5th grade Comm. Arts; those teachers taught you for a reason. Change your attitude, if you did something very foolish, pledge a sorry thread for everyone, not so they can forgive you, but so you can keep living in the forums.

Why should you please them?
    You've been farmed, stripped, and lost your hard earned reputation. Potential reputation, at least. This tip really ties into the other one, but remind yourself who you are: you are no ones servant, you don't earn your cash from them, they aren't your owner or your clan member, and you've no reason to bow down to them. You gain nothing; only self-humiliation.

Unspoken rules
    • Don't come into KAW and start yelling "PIMD/HSH IS BETER TH4N KAW, KAW SCKS!!!1". It's pathetic. If you hate KAW, then WHY THE **** ARE YOU HERE? Shoo, crawl back into your hole.
    • Spragga is not funny (anymore). Neither is "Shadow Account?". It was a good joke, and ruined because people kept reusing it.
    • Don't bump dead threads. Respect them, they had their run, so leave them be.

Here in the forums, you gotta be professional, well-known, and have a set build in KaW.
    Or be marked as troll bait, and be the infamous one who no one likes.

For one, like I have said, have a set build. Without a good build, no one needs to listen to you, they can simply pin you down to 0 troops to make you shut up, and in some cases, that works.

One more thing to keep in mind, is that people here are professional (Most at least) and you'll need to be as well. This means you'll have to make sure you have correct punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and some personal knowledge about the world.

When you're being picked on, whether it's your problem or theirs, stick the the facts. These trolls will always try to catch every tiny bit of flaw in your words, so beware. Make sure every word you type out doesn't get posted before you've checked it. Do not let the troll get to you.

I hope everything in here helps you, if not, come wall me and we will give you some help.

Many people were involved in helping me make this thread, some of you not even knowing.

~ Elite-PB
    Trolled me when I first joined KaW; very nice ^.^
    Still trolling since back then ^_^
    Edited and revision of the guide; gave more ideas; showed me a path to our new clan, Dusk ^.^

~ Abyssus
    Because Cake is delicious.
    (I LOVE YOUR FACES ^_^ ^_^ ^_^)

~ Dusk (clan)
    You all gave me the time and inspirations to create this thread; thank you.

~ Nooblets of KaW
    It's your fault that my fingers are typing this and why you're reading this; for this thread is to train you better; type better and not seeming so ignorant; it was for your cause.

As for my peers of KaW -- stay up to your promise when you first started the game; follow the ToU. You can find and read it here.

Knowing forum rules helps too. Here's the link to forum rules.

BBCodes are yummy to look at, so use them and know how to.
    Link to BBCode Tutorials by Toast

This guide is still a rough draft; more will be added and edited; sit tight.

16. • Don't come into KAW and start yelling "PIMD/HSH IS BETER TH4N KAW, KAW SCKS!!!1". It's pathetic. If you hate KAW, then WHY THE **** ARE YOU HERE? Shoo, crawl back into your hole.

I love that part!! LOL!

17. Wait, Nikki reset?!

18. Rember stick the the facts lol

19. Nah. I changed name, "Nikki" sounded dumb. Besides, I like changing my name to what I think of everything...

20. Ok

Hang on a second, remorse is what u think of everyone? Gee thanks