Guide to Being a Successful Admin

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Night_Alex, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Thanks for calling me a noob! :/

On the walling thing, you do have a point. But to defend my guide, I'll say-But how else are you to contact the farmer? How else will you get them to stop? Private chat gives them a link also.

2. If they have stopped farming, it's better to leave them alone.

3. I'm talking about the real farming (check for definitions)

4. My clan just farms back

5. Lol star

6. Part 2

Table Of Contents

•1. Real War (Friendly)
    •2. Unofficial War (Conflict)

1. Real Wars (Friendly)

Real wars are scarce these days. (Sad, isn't it?) But if you're going to hold a system war, you're going to need good stats to back yourself up. You'll have more time to help your clannies, and in turn, they'll respect you more. Quest up, volley, or hit some WC opens to grab cash so you can upgrade a bit.
    This bit is on a friendly war- Make sure that your clannies bring in NO mercs and that you keep the rosters locked. If you see the rosters unlocked after agreeing on a friendly war, lock them immediately. Don't break your promise. If your clannies invite mercs, it won't matter, because the rosters are locked.
    Real war is competitive. Encourage your clannies to make as much as they can, because you're trying to win, right? Just don't let them scout bomb, as that's plain annoying.

2. Unofficial Wars (aka Conflict)

Conflicts occur. Its inevitable, because some people (including myself) are overly stubborn and can't let something go. There's something that can happen-- unofficial war. These wars are outside of the system, and usually very dirty. 2 clans will most likely continually strip farm another, and maybe announce on WC that the other clan is open.
    If you have weaker members who are not comfortable with fighting, try to make a sub clan. The name needs to have NO correspondence with the warring clan. Example- "Left Turn Only" is warring "Ford Car Company". Left Turn Only has a mix of strong and weak members while Ford Car Company is rank 3 on the LeaderBoard. Left Turn Only is making a sub clan for their weaker members called Right Turn Only. THIS IS WRONG! It's easy for Ford Car Company to figure out that Right Turn Only is affiliated with Left Turn Only.
    In the event that you end up with a subclan, have all of its members delete all wall posts that will link them to the main clan. This backs up the entire point of keeping those clannies safe.
    Don't post that the other clan is open on WC. This just makes the conflict worse and brings more people into the situation.
    DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, post on an opponents wall. It just gives them a link to you and your clannies.
    Let your clan owner try to sort things out. It's his/her responsibility, and don't get into it unless your owner asks you to.

7. (for your first part)

Oh yea real wars are easy and handling a pw is rocket science huh

8. For me, yes. I have quite a few real wars under my belt and I've just started doing PWs.

I know I'm weird like that!

I hope my bbcode works...lolz first try

9. If you bought my ally when I was DTW I would f you up.

10. The OSF buys allies specifically for admins to buy off him to keep him open and to keep cash out. I understand how that would feel though

11. Just make sure you know which ones. Some are plunder allies for when they switch to hansel.

12. In that event I'd suggest that you ask your OSF to buy the intended-strip allies to be about the same price so you'll know which ones are plunder allies.

13. DeepOrange,

I have been an admin in four clans, including TYR, and am going to provide my two cents for what they're worth. As a member of iG, we do things differently. My input is mainly on past experience in previous clans.

1) "When (the osf is) dtw, hire an ally" - guests/visitors should never be responsible for doing this. A well-run pwar won't run into the issue at all but I know it happens. When it does it should be the responsibility of the host clan. (at iG, we don't have this problem)

2) When a spy is after you (or an attack build), I disagree in putting gold into defense pots. Rather, you first pin, then either buy the most expensive ally you can or sink the gold into attack pots. A farmer can't take attack pots.

3) When being farmed, you should contact the admin/owner first, then the farmer. (this was definitely pre-iG days)

4) Not all admins know how to handle "real" war (which is actually off-system). Too many out there have only been in pwars.

As for the warring section, apologies but I can't even go there (as with most of this thread). A sub clan for "protection"? If they can't back up their clan, they should gtfo for good. This guide sounds too weak for a WAR game. War isn't nice with flowers, puppy dogs, and kittens.

~ Juliane, iG

14. Thanks for your input and I will definitely try to improve on my next guide.

I agree with you on all your points, and you are correct, I have made it very weak.

15. Well...no offense intended. It's just that so many people don't know how to war anymore, especially since the t4 builds came out. In fact, it's hard to find someone who's joined KaW since then who's actually been in a good old-fashioned off-system war. Some of them think that if they're hit more than 5 x's it's in violation of the ToU. I say grow a pair, pull your pants up, and fight.

~ Juliane, iG

16. Also, your definition of "farming" (although more correct than most, sadly) will screw whoever uses this over. Unfortunately KaW likes it's 5 plus per 24 hours. Yours leaves a bit to the imagination, and some noobs will be stripped for it(not a bad thing necessarily...)

17. And real wars are vital, aye. Plus advice on how to handle a true farmer.

18. Oh, and never, ever give your OSF's allies to open them. (Or at all, unless they're hansel when not in a pwar)

It's rediculously easy to strip an OSF. Buy an ally, open on WC, watch the OSF be destroyed.

19. But other than that, fairly solid. Not bad

20. @Juliane- No offense taken 

@Sholron- Thanks for your feedback 