Official IG vs Foxes War Experiment II

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The IG and Foxes have been at war over the last few days, with no end in sight. In light of this, we've decided to hold a second IG vs. Foxes War Experiment. We're doing this for 2 reasons:
    1. To declare an official winner to the ongoing war.
    2. To get more data on what will work when we release the Alliance/War system.

The rules of the war are as follows:
    • 1 representative from each clan. These representatives will be responsible for the war roster.
    • Members of each roster DO NOT have to be in fox or IG, but the clan representative will decide the roster.
    • Limit of 50 members for each side (although it can be less). The roster is due on 01/03 at 11:59 pm PST
    • The war will start on 11:59 AM PST on 01/04 and will run until 11:59 AM PST on 01/06
    • Members of the war are limited to using 3 regen crystals per day. This is ONLY APPLICABLE TO PEOPLE ON THE ROSTERS.
    • There will be no replacements during the war, but people can chose to leave.

SCORING:
    Scoring will be based purely on gold won when one member attacks the opposing forces. Gold won against non-opposing forces will not be counted.

FURTHER EXPLANATION OF SCORING:
    The reason it's based on gold won is that it is an indicator of people fighting players their own strength, and is based on damage dealt rather than roster stats. This way even if members quit a roster as long as the roster is strong and dealing immense amounts of damage they will gain more points. Ally plunder bonuses will count towards the score.

IF YOUR CLAN DOES NOT HAVE 50 MEMBERS FOR YOUR ROSTER:
    You have two options. You can add non-clan members to your roster, or you can submit a roster with less than 50 members.

This is NOT just an IG/Fox exclusive clan war, but rather a Great War with IG and Fox leading each side.

If you are a spy build, stealing will earn your roster points and assassination will hamper the opposing rosters ability to earn points with attacks.

Only gold won by members on the roster counts towards the poins for the team. THE MORE GOLD YOU WIN AGAINST THE OPPOSING ROSTER THE MORE POINTS YOU GAIN FOR YOUR TEAM!

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST REGULARLY AS WE ARE EDITING AND UPDATING IT OFTEN!

Start prepping now for the first event of the new decade!

2. 50roster members...

3. IG all the way

4. Ha, so does that mean they should stop warring now and wait till then, kaw?

5. IG all the way baby!!

6. NICE the more gold your clan makes the clan wins haha IG's will win this easily hands down.

7. IGs to the max

8. Yes, any clan can join but they have to choose a side. They also have to be approved by either Fox or IG representatives before they can be listed on the roster.

9. Kaw
    what if u got attk from others, who are not on the roster... Is there way for u to block attk from other during war?

10. Not again 

11. Fight with ig kow :)

12. Flaws: I can just keep my soldiers low if I'm getting owned. Or I can raze.

There is no way you can stop outside interference.

13. I have an idea

14. What's to stop outside sources acting as mercs on behalf of a clan? The money they earn won't be counted but their advances would weaken the defending side.

15. Pinning is NOT necessary in this war, but it weakens the opponent to give you higher chances and use less troops for gold. This system is alot better but still has ways to counter *evil laugh*

16. This war is evolved past IG vs Foxes now. Since the war rosters will open to anyone and everyone.

It'll all come down to who basically recruits the strongest 50 member roster. It won't prove anything in terms of IG/Fox differences

17. That's why u need benny charm to recruit the lbs 

18. That's why you need the benny charm to recruit LBs. Duh! 

Plus not many LBs will want to join the war  at least the ones not in a clan

19. @infraderes: sorry gold from your own members, volleying, and osf don't count. Ad a result I don't think you have an advantage at all, but a disadvantage.

@hansel/gretel: I agree... Outside interference is a huge issue and will probably be the winning factor. Way too easy to exploit numerous ways. Spamming intentional loses from outside the 50 on an enemy 50 to drop potions and troops so the friendly 50 get easy gold, etc among many others.

Either way I love fighting so I'm happy to continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.