ASW Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Will, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Cancel the one thing more people look forward to in the game than anything else each year cause it's too demanding on support? This has gotta be a off season April Fools joke

2. Usually I open royals or give them to ppl thinking "yes please fund the devs" for the first time ever I actually wish peeps would boycott nob purchases. Either reconsider on asw or we all accept the game had a good run but finally ran it's course. Makes me sad that I can even bring myself to say that

3. I quit playing properly a few years ago .But without fail every year I'd return for the big event of the year on kaw " ASW ". There is such a magical and happy air on kaw when it's in full effect . All animosity is forgotten between each other and everybody rally's around and cheers on their chosen team . I feel such pride wearing the teams chosen emoji or colour that the Devs appoint for the audience to choose from the kaw store to support their team . During asw no harse words are spoken . Everyone comes together as a kaw family and have fun and laughs . You've broke a lot of kaw hearts today ATA . But I have faith in you and sense law won't be down and out for long 🙏🤞🙌

4. Wow this is very heartbreaking announcement more that someone u love left u🌝 its very sad to know this,

xWarRocketAJAXx likes this.
  5. I’ve complained a lot about the event. But that is mainly that they don’t give 2 weeks of preparation and doing it on weekdays. This is what I look forward to. The only reason why I comeback the past 3 years.

RS-roni-RS likes this.
  6. And it was 12 hours before too. Never had the chance to play in those but got to in the 6hr. Loved the 6hr. 2hr was ok. But devs one of my favorite this about ASW is the community. I get to experience a different side during ASW. It’s sad I’ll never get to experience this feeling again

7. No more spending from me

Passion and ABR like this.
  8. I say we all actually delete the game for a couple weeks

RS-roni-RS and Passion like this.
  9. Second this that I would rather have an ASW with a few bugs than no ASW and really hope ee wars don't disappear. I love the daily wars, even with the bugs, and find it to be the best aspect of the game.

Cheddar-Bay_Biscuits likes this.
  11. .... going to mention ASW as it's always been assumed it would take place. It wasn't ever in doubt, what did you expect 1000 people to say oh make sure you do something you always do?? No it was assumed ergo no one is going to ask for an ASW are they, the logic is flawed.

Anyhow the fundamental point it this, you are not accounting for the intangible impact ASW has on the game it's a warring community it's new aspirational player base etc you have just said said NO we are gonna cancel the 'Super Bowl' WTF devs!!! Get A grip honestly...

12. I’d like to concur with Ajax here. The ASW is something all accounts could aim / dream for, even with the top LB out of bounds. It’s like canceling The International, the World Series, or the Super Bowl.

Sure, you can still have regular season matches, but the above is on-par with getting World/Realm-first in a Raid clear, with your name etched into the server for all of history. - and everything that goes with it.

Even if it’s a pipe dream, people still resolve themselves to push on the small chance for just qualifying. The social aspect keeps folks in, but it’s a goal and the one bit of true dev engaging event that energizes the community.

Does it bring out the drama as well? Is there strife? Sure. But as the verses in my banner say, “our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”

A lack of ASW is akin to Blizzard withdrawing support for the competitive scene in Heroes of the Storm, which led to many believing the game was abandoned despite continued patches and event support.
    —//—
    That said…

I’m hopeful for what you mentioned on doing something incremental out of sight of the player base until a feature is ready. It implies something big is in the works, with maybe even an internal roadmap, but what will be ready, if things will be feasible, if the market analysis comes in favorably - there’s a lot of factors for why you may be hiding it from us for now. As they say in Batman, “It’s always darkest before the dawn.”

I just ask that please, don’t forget to deliver the dawn. “Theodin King stands alone,” and all that. I know my own update ideas are meager improvements, but I’ll pray for something spicy to truly revitalize things. Godspeed.

13. I bet a 4 year old could code better than yall. It's mind blowing you can't even fix anything, this game isn't even close to complicated compared to others. Losers.

14. I try hard for go top10000 for ASW but dont have. Thank you back for RL

15. One does not simply cancel ASW.

Heck, it was fun “watching” the wars. The plunder swings, participants, etc. I’m not going to re-state what others have accurately stated in re this announcement (due to the fact they are all correct). Your inability to address an issue and cancel a foundational event, speaks loud and clear the direction of this game and how you value your player base. You obviously care not and so shall we.

16. Echoing all that have posted before me. Time to rethink your priorities. Literally NO-ONE wants more legends to do. Kill off legends entirely and people will still play. Kill of ASW...yup... see how that turns out in a year for you

17. Going to be a vicious circle. Has been for a while I imagine. They take away something, people pay less...so they take away another thing...people pay less...and so on until it's gone.

RS-roni-RS likes this.
  18. 😂😂😂😂

You all messed up so bad lmfao, rip KaW

ABR and RS-roni-RS like this.
  19. Try harder.

20. The devs reading this and seeing their mistake “😨😭🥴”

It’s not too late to take it back!