GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Share your stories.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby IlxlI-KilIdroid-llxIl on Feb 18 2014, 8:17pm

Are you an English teacher?
IlxlI-KilIdroid-llxIl
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 11 2012, 12:05pm

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby Wolf_of_Walgreens on May 18 2014, 9:46pm

Hm
Wolf_of_Walgreens
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mar 4 2012, 9:52am

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby Deth2MicroSoft on Dec 24 2016, 8:40pm

well said, thank you for your time. I'm glad I took the time to read your guide.
4Fingers & 1Thumb with a WAVE
Deth2MicroSoft
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Nov 4 2016, 7:09pm

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby Mrs_Mxyzptlk on Jun 10 2019, 6:28pm

I found this guide very interesting to read. I’ve dabbled in fiction writing and original pieces and poetry, fan-fictional one-shots, short stories, and chaptered work with over a hundred thousand words (took me months of writing to do). I’ve dabbled with a few genres too, comedy, suspense, drama, sci-fi, romance and thrillers. There really is no limit when writing.

I usually go with third person in my writing and sometimes use second when I talk directly to the readers. I didn’t actually realise there were two categories in third person, even though I’ve used both without knowing when writing. So that was interesting to find out.

Personally I can’t stand first person writing. I much prefer third, and second if the writer can pull it off as you said. I’ve read some very good second person fictions.

But this is a great guide for anyone looking for tips on writing!
Mrs_Mxyzptlk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 7 2019, 12:38am

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby iZombieJT on Jun 12 2019, 1:53am

This should be Pinned.. Sad The one who wrote this forum post Reset Bombed and left kaw
iZombieJT
 
Posts: 154
Joined: May 28 2015, 10:47pm

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby Thrawn on Jun 12 2019, 5:47am

iZombieJT wrote:This should be Pinned.. Sad The one who wrote this forum post Reset Bombed and left kaw

It is pinned, in the ff section.
User avatar
Thrawn
Moderator
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Jun 15 2016, 9:15pm

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby whipped_cream on Jun 12 2019, 7:42pm

Mrs_Mxyzptlk wrote:I found this guide very interesting to read. I’ve dabbled in fiction writing and original pieces and poetry, fan-fictional one-shots, short stories, and chaptered work with over a hundred thousand words (took me months of writing to do). I’ve dabbled with a few genres too, comedy, suspense, drama, sci-fi, romance and thrillers. There really is no limit when writing.

I usually go with third person in my writing and sometimes use second when I talk directly to the readers. I didn’t actually realise there were two categories in third person, even though I’ve used both without knowing when writing. So that was interesting to find out.

Personally I can’t stand first person writing. I much prefer third, and second if the writer can pull it off as you said. I’ve read some very good second person fictions.

But this is a great guide for anyone looking for tips on writing!


I agree! I’m literally in the middle of writing a fantasy novel myself and saw this in active topics and read the whole thing... pretty cool guide. Thanks for the bump to active topics lol :P
whipped_cream
 
Posts: 2160
Joined: Dec 27 2010, 7:19am

Re: GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Postby Mrs_Mxyzptlk on Jun 14 2019, 4:17pm

whipped_cream wrote:
Mrs_Mxyzptlk wrote:I found this guide very interesting to read. I’ve dabbled in fiction writing and original pieces and poetry, fan-fictional one-shots, short stories, and chaptered work with over a hundred thousand words (took me months of writing to do). I’ve dabbled with a few genres too, comedy, suspense, drama, sci-fi, romance and thrillers. There really is no limit when writing.

I usually go with third person in my writing and sometimes use second when I talk directly to the readers. I didn’t actually realise there were two categories in third person, even though I’ve used both without knowing when writing. So that was interesting to find out.

Personally I can’t stand first person writing. I much prefer third, and second if the writer can pull it off as you said. I’ve read some very good second person fictions.

But this is a great guide for anyone looking for tips on writing!


I agree! I’m literally in the middle of writing a fantasy novel myself and saw this in active topics and read the whole thing... pretty cool guide. Thanks for the bump to active topics lol :P


It is a pretty good guide, definitely worth it for writers who need the extra advice! Good luck with your writing! 
Mrs_Mxyzptlk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 7 2019, 12:38am

Previous

Return to Fan Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests