Reasons why the charm nerf is flawed

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Reasons why the charm nerf is flawed

Postby jstrong58 on Feb 20 2019, 11:02pm

I will be the first to say that I believe charms needed a nerf.... bad. But at the same time I believe that the devs did this change in a terrible way. Here is why

1. You cannot completely disregard the time and money that some people put into charms. While most people with huge stacks and insane amounts of charms paid for them, some people actually grinded to get where they were without pay like @HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT who did not pay for his charms.

2. Allie LB players cannot be touched and it is almost impossible to strip them and make a change now. Stripping Allie LB players is now incredibly difficult because they have more charms accessible for pvp than anyone else unless someone higher on the LB.

3. Now everyone basically will have cap charms now since the cap is so low. I have roughly 15b worth of charms as my cap... that’s not hard to get at all. Most players have their cap in charms already.

4. This is similar to 3 but since people have their cap in gives no incentive for people to do these new events devs keep handing us.... why grind for more charms when you are already so high above your cap in charms it will never make a difference if you do the legends for the events or not.

5. Lets be honest. MAYBE 1% of players will EVER be build complete. And 1% is a stretch. So charms that players have will be capped to nearly every player in kaw forever. And even to be build comeolete and have all of your charms added into pvp you cannot have the hoarfrost troops and spies glitch.

I do agree that charms needed a change but this update was definitely the wrong way to do it. Devs please note my grievances and hopefully the community hacks me up on this as well. Please tell me what you guys think below whether you agree or disagree, all for the betterment of KaW.

P.S. @HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT thanks for being a good friend. I’m sorry you feel obligated to leave now that you have been so screwed over.
jstrong58

Re: Reasons why the charm nerf is flawed

Postby AC__ShadowWraith__AC on Feb 20 2019, 11:07pm

Ya gotta keep in mind they are trying to keep kaw from becoming strictly pay to play. They wont be able to satisfy all players, thats simply impossible. This also puts a dent intaking out advantage of multiple alts of charm farmers.

Lets see gow this works out, after all it can easily be undone as easily as it was implemented.
AC__ShadowWraith__AC

Postby llIl---lIll--SJ--lllI---IllI on Feb 20 2019, 11:13pm

No support, the rebalance was needed. Also makes ALB accounts stripable since they usually have charms and allies. Strip their allies, their bfa is gone and so is a good chunk of their bfe.
llIl---lIll--SJ--lllI---IllI

Postby jstrong58 on Feb 20 2019, 11:32pm

AC__ShadowWraith__AC wrote:Ya gotta keep in mind they are trying to keep kaw from becoming strictly pay to play. They wont be able to satisfy all players, thats simply impossible. This also puts a dent intaking out advantage of multiple alts of charm farmers.
Lets see gow this works out, after all it can easily be undone as easily as it was implemented.

I just think it could’ve been done a different way. How? Idk exactly but I don’t like how small the cap is and how overall it is. Maybe they do it where you get a % bonus of charms ur allies have and the % goes up the more you gold you have in allies like LL bonuses.
jstrong58

Postby Dagobert_Duck on Feb 21 2019, 12:20am

jstrong58 wrote:
2. Allie LB players cannot be touched and it is almost impossible to strip them and make a change now. Stripping Allie LB players is now incredibly difficult because they have more charms accessible for pvp than anyone else unless someone higher on the LB.

This is wrong and something many people obviously still havent understood properly:

Those players were quite untouchable BEFORE the nerf-here i agree.
But now they become touchable in that moment they actually Stripped naked because from this Moment on their charms- cap is lowered to Zero (for the bfax4-Part).
So: strip any alb Player to zero Makes him easy stl target from that Moment on (regarding charms).
Ofc its still a huge step to accumulate the funds plus you need a whole lot of well coordinated lb players to dry of but why should it be easy to strip a lb player?

Actually i was surprised by this solution and have to say that it seems to be quite well thought out at First and second glance. Lets look what it brings on the Long Term.
Dagobert_Duck

Postby XoXoX on Feb 21 2019, 12:46am

it makes stripping LB easier... for every hire you make it reduces cap and in turn weakens them, making them easier to hit once allies are hired

EDIT: my bad it was said before me
XoXoX

Postby HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT on Feb 21 2019, 4:44am

Providing you have 1000’s of people and quadrillions in gold to strip them, and after you do you might as well kiss your allies and charms bonus goodbye because they have quadrillions in bars to retaliate which many of us don’t have to recover like LB. This update basically divides parity and again puts the bulk of the power in 1% of accounts, the 1% who can afford to spend 1000’s. Charms gave parity and allowed good active accounts who can’t spend freely an opportunity to be competitive with LB players. I’m truly glad I didn’t pay for my showcase now I don’t have to try to sell it to quit. ️

Jstrong you were one of the few loyal people this game has to offer! Don’t change that my friend
HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT

Postby HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT on Feb 21 2019, 4:53am

And not to mention the same accounts who cried about charms were the same one selling theirs to the charm hoarders for money or ally hires. So that is who the devs appeased here, the same accounts who made money on a 3rd party app selling their charms. Go figure. Anyhow dropping allies and moving on ️

Postby lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI on Feb 21 2019, 6:16am

HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT wrote:Providing you have 1000’s of people and quadrillions in gold to strip them, and after you do you might as well kiss your allies and charms bonus goodbye because they have quadrillions in bars to retaliate which many of us don’t have to recover like LB. This update basically divides parity and again puts the bulk of the power in 1% of accounts, the 1% who can afford to spend 1000’s. Charms gave parity and allowed good active accounts who can’t spend freely an opportunity to be competitive with LB players. I’m truly glad I didn’t pay for my showcase now I don’t have to try to sell it to quit. ️

Jstrong you were one of the few loyal people this game has to offer! Don’t change that my friend

You ignore the fact that lb players might strip eachother...
lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI

Postby HT-xxllliiAJtheGREATiilllxx-HT on Feb 21 2019, 6:39am

And they still have the reserve to retaliate and recover.

Next

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests