What banning Pwar means.

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: What banning Pwar means.

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 10:35am

To be honest, there's no reason to remove hitting OSFs in general. Merely, without pwars they'd have to go back to donating more than just time.
Corinthian

Postby The_Philosopher on Aug 30 2011, 10:39am

lol long live the pwar. Down with these pwar-hating forum noobs.
The_Philosopher

Postby IllIll_Jay_IllIll on Aug 30 2011, 10:49am

If the devs really cared. They'd use one of the things they promised us and could easily wipe pwars. Just make a castle give out soldiers. The closest to an osf we could get would be a hansel, and as stated in the OP hansels go DTW easily.
IllIll_Jay_IllIll

Postby The_Philosopher on Aug 30 2011, 10:49am

Just a clarification Cornithian. By saying they would have to back to donating "more than just time?" You mean donating actual money? Either way, I think it will be fairly easy to bypass whatever the devs have in mind as long as the system war stays in place.
The_Philosopher

Postby CoS-Saint on Aug 30 2011, 10:53am

Image True
CoS-Saint

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 10:57am

The problem with making pw's impossible is that it will seriously imbalance the game. Sure, it's easy to make eb's more attractive, thus removing much of the incentive for pw's so people choose not to do them. They can make eb's that pay spies as well as they pay attack builds, I have no problem with a spy having to grind for stats the same way I do. My issue is, there is, and never will be, a better way to fund strip banks. If pw's became impossible overnight, than those clans who already have trillions stashed away in banks will hold a huge advantage over those who don't. Pw's should remain possible for those who want to do them, and to help keep balance in the game.
AKRhino

Postby 3nnui on Aug 30 2011, 10:58am

I also responded in your other thread philosopher. The simplest way to kill pwars is to increase pve payout by 25 percent or more and/or introduce new better paying eb. Players chase profit.

Right now I only will pwar to help a friend build an osf. Even then I prefer haunting (no dtw, no pressure to xstal, no admins arguing about tax distribution).

The osf owners will continue to try to pull in the community to do pwars as making 300-700b a week hosting pwars still greatly outpaces what a player can earn through haunting and the ally trade. But if a player can easily earn 30b a day hitting in new pve, it will be harder to convince them that earning 15-20 a day in pwar is worth their time.

The introduction of some type of prestige system and war ladders would definately increase players desire to participate in system wars. Once the profit motive is removed there will be no incentive to figure out workarounds regarding war tax.
3nnui

Postby The_Philosopher on Aug 30 2011, 11:03am

@AKR What you say is definitely a serious concern. All those who managed to HLBC their spies will have a huge advantage over those with no such spies. It will increase the gap between the rich and poor. Personally, I can hit my HLBC spy tax free whenever I want so I have no need for pwar. Make more money ally trading anyway.
The_Philosopher

Postby THEBlade on Aug 30 2011, 11:03am

Why not just do the castle makes troops idea and lower t4/land price a little as to not offset the balance quite as much.
THEBlade

Postby The_Philosopher on Aug 30 2011, 11:06am

@ 3nnui I totally agree with you. The best way is to make pwar unattractive to hitters rather than trying to mechanically eliminate them. I guess the biggest concern about pwar the devs have is that they don' t want to see such huge amounts of cash be suddenly given to one player. PVes now pay better, but big clans still do pwar mostly because they want to build their huge spy builds quickly with pwar money.
The_Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy