Immoderation

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Immoderation

Postby arkst on Jun 21 2019, 2:53pm

Sholron wrote:They may have made it worse at times but the death of forums is more about how everything forums was originally used for was outsourced elsewhere - clan threads to pal/line and CC, a beefed up FAQ section, Hell even EB guides can be obtained without forums. Less reason for people to visit meant less chance of them engaging in random other threads. Also WB arkst

Clan threads and discussion were outsourced to pal well before 2014. FAQ section has always been supplementary to those who need it but it was never the main attraction for those who spent their time here. I think that the social aspect of the forum is why so many people were drawn to it. Remember when there used to be debate threads that would draw in players from all around KaW? Do you remember how threads like those started getting locked more and more because they were inflammatory or "trolling" or because they had been derailed for only a FEW pages? Now it seems like one off topic post and all hope is lost. I think one of the greatest problems the forum faced is a lack of care by those who are supposed to moderate it. Over enforcement of rules that used to be overlooked discouraged conversation. It's good to see you're still around 

iZombieJT wrote:Arkst right. It was Content. He knows what he is doing.

Me Supports :?

Thanks for your support

Toast wrote:Arkst!!!!!!

Forum troll quality the past few years has gone way down too. No good professional trolls anymore at all, and barely any very recently.

Hey toast! When there's no one to troll the trolls don't prosper. Also trolling is a violation of the RoC or something last time I checked. Over enforcement of rules that used to be more chill seriously affected the daily users
*Creating a Disturbance - This includes posts that are intended to troll, flame or bait users in an attempt to provoke them.
arkst

Postby XoXoX on Jun 22 2019, 10:54am

AUrUM wrote:I could of spent 2 minutes and made a better thread than your last one.

OP is encouraging content... so go do it
XoXoX

Postby Seth on Jun 22 2019, 7:35pm

Wheres the popcorn stand??
Seth

Postby VBot on Jun 22 2019, 9:14pm

Forums have died of over moderation. Very few of the mods are forum users or appreciate the forums for what they used to be so they do not know how to moderate them properly.
VBot

Postby littlekitty1 on Jun 22 2019, 11:08pm

[quote="VBot"]Forums have died of over moderation. Very few of the mods are forum users or appreciate the forums
littlekitty1

Postby Moody on Jun 23 2019, 1:58am

The moderators can’t win in forums.
They’ve never been able to.

The variety of ideas that are spread here are excellent. The detailed analysis of the game by players keeps the devs on their toes as people work out secrets.

Conversely, the amount of trash talk, derailment and otherwise toxic environment perpetuated by players leaves moderators no choice to close threads that otherwise could’ve stayed.

It’s a very fine line.
Moody

Postby VBot on Jun 23 2019, 6:25am

Moody wrote:The moderators can’t win in forums.
They’ve never been able to.

The variety of ideas that are spread here are excellent. The detailed analysis of the game by players keeps the devs on their toes as people work out secrets.

Conversely, the amount of trash talk, derailment and otherwise toxic environment perpetuated by players leaves moderators no choice to close threads that otherwise could’ve stayed.

It’s a very fine line.

Mods were fine on forums for years. Mods like moose knew what they were doing with the forums and knew how to interpret the ToU the right way to keep forums alive and active. Nowadays the mods take what is written way to literally and enforce it to an extent that kills forums. Troll threads, osw arguing and this stuff mods call "spam" has been important and popular on forums for years. Old mods used to contribute in these threads rather than lock them
VBot

Postby DrDrunk on Jun 23 2019, 5:18pm

I remember when forum mods were a thing. I also remember that forums were thriving then.

Wonder what changed...

:roll:
DrDrunk

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Jun 25 2019, 8:35pm

DrDrunk wrote:I remember when forum mods were a thing. I also remember that forums were thriving then.

Wonder what changed...

:roll:

Well let’s think about that.....when the forum mods retired did the devs appoint new ones ?

I’m gonna watch this thread for a bit and see how this plays out.

Sup arkst.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby Masonisboss on Jun 25 2019, 9:25pm

I hate to agree! But I’ve just got back into this game and it’s gone down hill fast! It’s like ​ Germany.... Every Moder bans or silence someone who speaks out against them! They get defensive when someone speaks the truth! I’m just being honest.
Masonisboss

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion