Vaccines Debate

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Stormruler, May 20, 2019.

1. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends getting 29 doses of 9 vaccines (plus a yearly flu shot after six months old) for kids aged 0 to six.

Pro 1: Major medical organizations state that vaccines are safe. These organizations include: CDC and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Con 1: Vaccines are unnatural, and natural immunity is more effective than vaccination.

With all going on in WC regarding Vaccines and Forums not being too active, I've made this post and with it two decent points for both sides of the argument. Please do participate with points of your own and keep it as factual as possible. Thanks for reading :)

2. Get vaccines so dying diseases stay dead

3. I must disagree immediately with the Con 1. Vaccines are a deliberate exposure to a natural pathogen, which stimulates your body to create antibodies and to store the data from that first immune response. It is immune system training. The only ‘unnatural’ part of it is that most of these pathogens have been prepared in such a way that they will not actually cause the pathology.

4. DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF VACCINE: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

key words are, "stimulate", "synthetic" and "substitue". All words for something unnatural.

5. FACT: I vaccinate my dogs more than some parents vaccinate their children.

6. This isn’t a debate. Kids need to get their vaccines, end of story.

7. And something being “unnatural” does not make it wrong or unhealthy.

8. There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including: 

•Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
    •Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
    •Anaphylaxis
    •Febrile Seizures
    •Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
    •Brachial Neuritis;
    •Acute and Chronic Arthritis
    •Thrombocytopenia
    •Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
    •Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
    •Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
    •Protracted, inconsolable crying
    •Syncope
    •Deltoid Bursitis

I'm not a medical expert but do you really want to risk all that so your kid doesn't get chicken pox?

9. Just curious, how are “stimulate” and “substitute” words for something unnatural. I understand synthetic being unnatural, as it is, but the other two in no way mean unnatural.

Another thing, it states, in the dictionary definition, that synthetic substitutes are ONE of the ways that vaccines are created, meaning not all vaccines are unnatural.

10. Substitute maybe not so much but in this context I believe Stimulation is used in an unnatural way, you disagree that being injected with disease isn't natural?

11. Not if that disease occurs in the natural world, which all except the ones that are modernly extinct to. It’s similar to a male taking testosterone injections. The only unnatural thing is that his natural levels are higher, not the injection itself.

12. depends how you think of natural. In my opinion natural is what everything was thousands of years ago, for example, did cavemen inject diseases into themselves? no, so I wouldn't consider it natural

EDIT: and yes I would consider a man injecting testosterone unnatural, what % of biological men do that? not many I'd bet

13. The Earth changes, so does that mean if the Earth is different from thousands of years ago it is unnatural. Just seems a slightly close-minded way of viewing naturalness in the world.

And injecting testosterone is one of the easier forms of doping in professional sports, no matter the biological sex. That point is mute because naturalness doesn’t depend on frequency.

14. Most big sporting organisations prohibit this (such as the Olympic one, not too sure of the name) due to it being an unnatural way of winning. Otherwise if it WAS natural I'm sure all athletes would do it and it wouldn't be frowned upon.

EDIT: good counter-point on my definition of natural, ive got nothing :lol:

15. You are never going to beat op. He already dragged you to his level, will never understand any reason, and will beat you with the experience, stubborness and stupidity he’s gathered doing this multiple times in multiple platforms for years on end.

16. +1

17. There’s less risk in vaccination and this has been proven time and time again. Thanks for trying though.

18. first of all, you're completely and utterly stupid for this statement for
    1) I believe in Vaccination and have personally been vaccinated myself even though I believe it to not be mandatory in UK (may be wrong) am merely doing this to liven up forums a bit, oh no!
    2) instead of being ignorant bring a decent point to the table bcos when was the last time you made a productive comment or thread?

19. but if vaccination stopped all together people's immune systems would gradually build until vaccination wasnt needed AT ALL. Therefore skip all these potential problems. lol stop taking it so personally, no need to get upset :lol:

20. If you're anti vax let your kid into a ball pit and see how that goes