Vaccines Debate

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Vaccines Debate

Postby XoXoX on May 19 2019, 3:15pm

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends getting 29 doses of 9 vaccines (plus a yearly flu shot after six months old) for kids aged 0 to six.

Pro 1: Major medical organizations state that vaccines are safe. These organizations include: CDC and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Con 1: Vaccines are unnatural, and natural immunity is more effective than vaccination.

With all going on in WC regarding Vaccines and Forums not being too active, I've made this post and with it two decent points for both sides of the argument. Please do participate with points of your own and keep it as factual as possible. Thanks for reading :)
XoXoX

Re: Vaccines Debate

Postby suptis2 on May 19 2019, 3:22pm

Get vaccines so dying diseases stay dead
suptis2

Postby Iridescent on May 19 2019, 3:26pm

I must disagree immediately with the Con 1. Vaccines are a deliberate exposure to a natural pathogen, which stimulates your body to create antibodies and to store the data from that first immune response. It is immune system training. The only ‘unnatural’ part of it is that most of these pathogens have been prepared in such a way that they will not actually cause the pathology.
Iridescent

Postby XoXoX on May 19 2019, 3:30pm

DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF VACCINE: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

key words are, "stimulate", "synthetic" and "substitue". All words for something unnatural.
Last edited by XoXoX on May 19 2019, 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
XoXoX

Postby _--___-_-Xplicit-X_-_---__- on May 19 2019, 3:34pm

FACT: I vaccinate my dogs more than some parents vaccinate their children.
_--___-_-Xplicit-X_-_---__-

Postby whipped_cream on May 19 2019, 3:36pm

This isn’t a debate. Kids need to get their vaccines, end of story.
whipped_cream

Postby whipped_cream on May 19 2019, 3:39pm

And something being “unnatural” does not make it wrong or unhealthy.
whipped_cream

Postby XoXoX on May 19 2019, 3:46pm

whipped_cream wrote:This isn’t a debate. Kids need to get their vaccines, end of story.

There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including: 

•Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
•Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
•Anaphylaxis
•Febrile Seizures
•Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
•Brachial Neuritis;
•Acute and Chronic Arthritis
•Thrombocytopenia
•Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
•Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
•Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
•Protracted, inconsolable crying
•Syncope
•Deltoid Bursitis

I'm not a medical expert but do you really want to risk all that so your kid doesn't get chicken pox?
XoXoX

Postby Hedwig on May 19 2019, 3:54pm

XoXoX wrote:DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF VACCINE: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

key words are, "stimulate", "synthetic" and "substitue". All words for something unnatural.

Just curious, how are “stimulate” and “substitute” words for something unnatural. I understand synthetic being unnatural, as it is, but the other two in no way mean unnatural.

Another thing, it states, in the dictionary definition, that synthetic substitutes are ONE of the ways that vaccines are created, meaning not all vaccines are unnatural.
Hedwig

Postby XoXoX on May 19 2019, 3:57pm

Substitute maybe not so much but in this context I believe Stimulation is used in an unnatural way, you disagree that being injected with disease isn't natural?
XoXoX

Next

Return to Other KaW Discussion