Game of thrones discussion

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by ApexOfDeath, Apr 30, 2019.

1. TLDR; Ironman dies wielding the gauntlet, black widow dies sacraficing herself for the soul stone and captain america travels back in time and lives his life so he becomes old and passes on captain america to Falcon. Lets begin.

Avengers: Endgame is a 2019 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comicssuperhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2012's The Avengers, 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron and 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, and the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Bradley Cooper, and Josh Brolin. In the film, the surviving members of the Avengers and their allies work to reverse the damage caused by Thanos in Infinity War.

Avengers: Endgame

Theatrical release poster

Directed by

Anthony RussoJoe Russo

Produced byKevin FeigeScreenplay by

Christopher MarkusStephen McFeely

Based on

The Avengers
    by 

Stan LeeJack Kirby

Starring

Robert Downey Jr.Chris EvansMark RuffaloChris HemsworthScarlett JohanssonJeremy RennerDon CheadlePaul RuddBrie LarsonKaren GillanDanai GuriraBradley CooperJosh Brolin

Music byAlan SilvestriCinematographyTrent OpalochEdited by

Jeffrey FordMatthew Schmidt

Production
    company

Marvel Studios

Distributed byWalt Disney Studios
    Motion Pictures

Release date

April 22, 2019 (Los Angeles Convention Center)April 26, 2019 (United States)

Running time

181 minutes[1]CountryUnited States[2]LanguageEnglishBudget$356 million[3]Box office$1.223 billion[4]

The film was announced in October 2014 as Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2. The Russo brothers came on board to direct in April 2015, and by May, Markus and McFeely signed on to script the film. In July 2016, Marvel removed the title, referring to it simply as Untitled Avengers film. Filming began in August 2017 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, shooting back-to-back with Infinity War, and ended in January 2018. Additional filming took place in the Metro and Downtown Atlanta areas and New York. The official title was revealed in December 2018. With an estimated budget of $356 million, it is one of the most expensive films ever made.

Avengers: Endgame was widely anticipated, and Disney backed the film with extensive marketing campaigns. It premiered in Los Angeles on April 22, 2019, and was theatrically released in the United States on April 26, 2019, in IMAX and 3D. The film received praise for its direction, acting, entertainment value, and emotional weight, with critics lauding its culmination of the 22-film story. It also broke numerous box office records and has grossed over $1.2 billion worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing film of 2019, as well as the 17th-highest-grossing film of all time.

Plot

Three weeks after Thanos used the Infinity Stones to disintegrate half of all life across the universe,[N 1] Carol Danvers rescues Nebula and Tony Stark from deep space.[N 2]They return to Earth and join the remaining Avengers—Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Rocket, Thor, and James Rhodes. They find an injured Thanos to retake the Stones to reverse his actions, but find he has already destroyed them to prevent further use. An enraged Thor beheads Thanos.

Five years later, Scott Lang escapes the quantum realm[N 3] and meets Romanoff and Rogers at the Avengers' compound. Because only five hours passed for Lang instead of years, he theorizes that the quantum realm can allow time travel. The three ask Stark to help them retrieve the Stones from the past so they can reverse Thanos' actions in the present, but he refuses out of fear of losing his daughter, Morgan. After talking with his wife Pepper Potts, Stark relents and works with Banner—who has merged with the Hulk—to stabilize travel in the quantum realm. Banner and Rocket recruit a drunken, overweight Thor in Norway, while Romanoff recruits Clint Barton, now a ruthless vigilante following the disintegration of his family.

Banner, Rogers, Lang, and Stark travel to New York City in 2012.[N 4] Banner visits the Sanctum Sanctorum and convinces the Ancient One to give him the Time Stone, promising to return the stones to their original place in time after they are used. Rogers successfully retrieves the Mind Stone, but Lang and Stark fail to retrieve the Space Stone after Loki escapes with it. Rogers and Stark travel to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters in 1970 and steal an earlier version of the Space Stone as well as vials of Pym Particles from Hank Pymso they can return to the present.

Rocket and Thor travel to Asgard in 2013 to retrieve the Reality Stone from Jane Foster,[N 5] and Thor obtains his former hammer, Mjolnir. On Morag, Nebula and Rhodes steal the Power Stone before Peter Quill can.[N 6] Rhodes returns to the present with the Power Stone while Nebula is unable to return due to her cybernetic implants interfacing with those of her 2014 self. Through this connection, the Thanos of that time learns of his future success and the Avengers' attempts to undo it. Thanos captures present-day Nebula and sends 2014 Nebula to the present. Barton and Romanoff travel to Vormir in 2014 and learn from the Soul Stone's keeper, the Red Skull, that it can only be acquired by sacrificing someone they love. Romanoff sacrifices herself, allowing Barton to claim the stone.

The Avengers return to the present and create a new gauntlet to hold the Infinity Stones. Banner uses the gauntlet to restore those whom Thanos disintegrated by snapping his fingers. 2014 Nebula uses the time machine to transport Thanos and his warship to the present day, and he attacks the Avengers' compound. Rogers, Thor, and Stark confront Thanos, but are overpowered; Thanos summons his army to lay siege to Earth, planning to reclaim the stones and remake the universe from scratch. Present-day Nebula convinces the 2014 version of her sister, Gamora, to turn against Thanos, and kills the 2014 version of herself. A restored Stephen Strange arrives with his fellow sorcerers, the restored Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, as well as the armies of Wakanda, Asgard, and the Ravagers. They fight Thanos' army alongside Danvers, who destroys Thanos' warship, attempting to return the Infinity Stones to the past. Thanos seizes the Stones after defeating Danvers, Thor, and Rogers, but Stark steals the Stones back and disintegrates Thanos and his army. Mortally wounded, Stark dies after saying goodbye to Potts.

Following Stark's funeral, Thor appoints Valkyrie as the king[5] of New Asgard and joins the Guardians of the Galaxy; Quill begins searching for 2014 Gamora. Rogers returns the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir to their original places in time, but remains in the past to marry Peggy Carter and live out the rest of his life. In the present, an elderly Rogers passes on his shield to Sam Wilson, while remembering the dance he promised to his love, peggu carter aka agent carter.

Avengers: Infinity War

2018 superhero film produced by Marvel Studios

2. wait a sec, this isn't game of thrones

3. Lmao if Thanos dying once wasn’t good enough 

4. My bad. In the latest episode of game of thrones episode 3; Jorah Mormont dies protecting Daenerys, Lady mormont dies killing a wight giant, Beric dies saving the Hound and Arya, Ed dies saving Sam and the Night King is killed by Arya while confronting bran.

5. Melisandre dies too. She made it litty doe

6. It got better and better. Especially when he tried to snap at the end but Iron Man had the gauntlet with the stones in. "I am Ironman"

Real tears :-(

7. Global warming is fake, just thought i would let you guys know while we are on the topic of spoilers

8. Let's see...

Episode 2, Arya gives up the booty (odd but ok...it's about time)
    Episode 3, Arya saves the day (killing ole blue eyes)

Ok, let's see if she will go for the trifecta...beheading Cersei.

Lil gurl is on a roll...

Oh and I dig what Lena said on instagram ...#Aryastarkaintfxxxabout

9. Some people really get off when it comes to spoiling stuff. They’ve got nothing better going on in their life

10. I gave fair warning

11. Bruh. U should get paid to type that much, spoilers can be much shorter.

12. For trying to be a terrible person and ruin things for others, game of thrones isn’t the place to do that because guess what? It’s a TV show that people watch. Wow. Everyone who watches the show has seen the episode.

Anyway I’d actually like to discuss GoT.

Bran seemed pretty useless during that whole battle, but is it possible that he’s the one who’s gotten them to where they are? He’s the “puppet master” of sorts? The man is probably the most powerful being in the world now that NK is gone, so is it possible he went back in time and set up everything in this story leading up to this moment? He gave Arya the dagger knowing she would kill the NK with it.

I think we’ll see in these next episodes what Bran was actually doing during this battle and we’ll see he’s been doing a lot more than most of us realized.

13. He probably has no friends or gf

Probably about 4 ft tall with ginger hair

14. You're calling me a terrible person for making a GoT discussion thread? Nice. Also I agree, although bran seemed useless he did his job by luring the nighking and giving arya the dagger she used to kill him. I would indeed like to find out what he was doing when he warged away after telling Theon he was leaving.

15. Gingers have no souls

16. hey guys i just finished watching infinity war, it wa-.......

oh no

17. I literally have never watched a single episode of this I feel like I’m missing out

18. Start now from the beginning, it's worth it I promise.