Please hear me out

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Please hear me out

Postby BlackEagle619 on Mar 9 2019, 5:27pm

My deepest condolences for you mate for what has happen, it sucks when things doesn’t turn out well and sadly at the end of the day this happens a lot :( so sorry once again.
BlackEagle619

Postby I-l-l-V-I-S-E-R-I-O-N-l-l-I on Mar 10 2019, 4:21am

My deepest condolences... it is not a subject to take lightly and more people should be made aware. Thank you for sharing DE.
I-l-l-V-I-S-E-R-I-O-N-l-l-I

Postby DeathOfSilence on Mar 10 2019, 7:01am

R.I.P
DeathOfSilence

Postby DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD on Mar 11 2019, 8:49pm

HiT__Huma__HiT wrote:This is a sad yet all to true story for many. The answers are complex to this issue and governments need to actually work together to find solutions. Big pharmacy has too much power and is paying our leaders to stay silent.

Agreed. There are better ways to treat pain. But also Doctors do get a kick back for certain medications they prescribe. So it's both doctors and pharmacy companies. Both should be held accountable.
DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD

Postby Kasama on Mar 11 2019, 10:59pm

DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD wrote:
HiT__Huma__HiT wrote:This is a sad yet all to true story for many. The answers are complex to this issue and governments need to actually work together to find solutions. Big pharmacy has too much power and is paying our leaders to stay silent.

Agreed. There are better ways to treat pain. But also Doctors do get a kick back for certain medications they prescribe.

If that's the case, isn't that extremely illegal?

A doctor could simply be in it for money than saving lives. Which is also ethically and morally wrong.

I highly doubt this is true. Any doctors confirm?
Last edited by Kasama on Mar 11 2019, 11:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasama

Postby FrostBYTE on Mar 11 2019, 11:02pm

From what I've heard, its less money-driven and more free lunches, free parties, that sort of thing
FrostBYTE

Postby _ygrene_knird_ on Mar 12 2019, 12:08am

My condolences and prayers to you, your son and the family suffering from such a loss.

These stories are far to frequent lately. This epidemic was caused by several different things. Doctors over prescribing, pharmaceutical company's marketing opoids as a safe solution to treat pain, politician in the pockets of big pharmaceutical lobbyist, DEA and FDA failure to track drug sales properly.

For example a town of 2900 in WV had two pharmacys that received 21 million painkillers from 2006-2016. Another WV small town of 930 received 9 million painkillers over 2 years time. That many painkillers shiped to a total of 3 pharmacy's should have been a huge "red flag" and resulted in a DEA/FDA investigation. Keep in mind that the population of West Virginia is approximately 1.8 million people.
_ygrene_knird_

Postby lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI on Mar 12 2019, 3:47am

Its all about Pharma-industry-Lobby.
When the health-system is driven by pure capitalistic parameters this is what happens.
Im not a Communist dont get me wrong but at least some things should be reglemented.
The absolute and pure capitalism is a true enemy of humanity and brings out the worst Part of some individuals.
Sorry for you and your people.
lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI

Postby AC__ShadowWraith__AC on Mar 12 2019, 11:27am

Sorry for your loss. This epidemic has many contributing factors. Greed, lack of staff, lack of care and compassion and so on. I dont speak just about opioids, many health issues are ignored or unable to get treatment/fixed due to no insurance or ​ docs who think giving a pill will solve everything for example a quick sinus surgery with a recovery time of 3-5 days but instead they keep dosing someone with steroids, antibiotics along with sinus rinses for 10 months. The steroids cause psychosis aka roid rage with other nasty side effects.

There needs to be a huge change in the medical field
AC__ShadowWraith__AC

Postby DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD on Mar 12 2019, 1:02pm

Kasama wrote:
DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD wrote:

Agreed. There are better ways to treat pain. But also Doctors do get a kick back for certain medications they prescribe.

If that's the case, isn't that extremely illegal?

A doctor could simply be in it for money than saving lives. Which is also ethically and morally wrong.

I highly doubt this is true. Any doctors confirm?

I'll clarify what I wrote. When a drug company wishes to promote there drug(s) they go to the doctors with there FFA findings and what not, doctors are given "incentives" to help get there drug to the population. Weather its cash freeies paid outing to places(paid by there company (company tax write off)
Or other things done to get the doctor(s) on board. Been a drug company practice for quite some time.
DKOD_Twisted_Dragon_DKOD

Previous

Return to Other KaW Discussion